Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Same here.

Did anyone else get a Medical Questionnaire to fill in? I got one today !

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Lulucas I just got mine too! What region are you in?

Thats great, hope thins move along quickly for you now

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

budget1984 wrote: »
    HI does anyone know if PAS contact you before they call your current employer.

I dont want them contacting my employer until I accept a position & have start date. Wonder will this be a problem?

They will contact you before they call but you don't get an offer or start date until after references are checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

They will contact you before they call but you don't get an offer or start date until after references are checked.

great thanks. thats gonna leave it awkward for me & current employer
    Do they notify you before they call the references

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

great thanks. thats gonna leave it awkward for me & current employer
    Do they notify you before they call the references

Yes they will call you first to check that you are still interested in the position and if it is ok to contact your references. It wasn't an issue for me as I was already a TCO in Revenue and they were expecting it!! But I can see how it would be a problem for anyone employed elsewhere. Hope it works out ok for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

It says on the pre interview guide that they will inform you before contacting your current employer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

lmdke wrote: »

I didn't get one. Is it detailed?

I didn't get one. Is it detailed?

Yeah, it was quite detailed, asked if you had all sorts of conditions (not just serious ones), if you have attended a hospital or out-patients in the last 5 years, if you are on any medications & lots of stuff like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

No I didn't but a few on here posted previously that's they received them....random selection maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Lulucas I just got mine too! What region are you in?

I was interviewed for Laois Offaly Westmeath my other regions is Carlow and Kilkenny and Kildare Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Lulucas I was interviewed for the Westmeath region too. I wonder where the positions will be. I am hoping for athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

Hi, does anyone know how we'll get results of interview. Is it by phone / email.

Check your messages. I got confirmation today that I passed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Yeah, it was quite detailed, asked if you had all sorts of conditions (not just serious ones), if you have attended a hospital or out-patients in the last 5 years, if you are on any medications & lots of stuff like that!

I got one to fill out.

I can't remember if I declared a previous health issue at some stage prior to this, but I had some detail re a previous physical illness to enter on the med questionnaire. Although the illness is gone now, I didn't want to try and hide it and was upfront.:D By the way, it wasn't an STD!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I had my interview the 25th May, heard I was successful the 5th June, had my reference checked (Including my current employer!!!!) 16th June and haven't heard a word since!!

Similar to myself so. Interview 23rd May, references checked 23rd of June. Not a peep since. I've called twice and all I keep getting is you're still in clearance. So unbelievably frustrating, especially when other in my region have got offers.

Lulucas I was interviewed for the Westmeath region too. I wonder where the positions will be. I am hoping for athlone

What place are you. I'm hoping it's not that far for me. I asked where the jobs were but they couldn't tell me..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Similar to myself so. Interview 23rd May, references checked 23rd of June. Not a peep since. I've called twice and all I keep getting is you're still in clearance. So unbelievably frustrating, especially when other in my region have got offers.

What number are you?

Lulucas I am number 17 for that region so depends on how many positions are available I guess! Where are you placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Got word i passed interview.:cool:

Quick question. I'm planning to travel for 3 to 4 weeks when my current contract runs out. Anyone know if the departments are amenable to people deferring for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What number are you?

In the 60s for Cork.

Lulucas I am number 17 for that region so depends on how many positions are available I guess! Where are you placed?

I'm 43 so your well on your way before me. Keep me posted if you hear more.. It's a long process but please god it will be quick

• Advertisement

Will do! I am guessing it will be sept before we are offered anything!

Will do! I am guessing it will be sept before we are offered anything!

What's the story if people who did interview under our placing was unsuccessful.?? I thought our place might change after interview result .. Hope it is that quick it would be great

Yeah I wondered about that but it says we retain our place so it's hard to know

Lulucas wrote: »
    What's the story if people who did interview under our placing was unsuccessful.?? I thought our place might change after interview result .. Hope it is that quick it would be great

We retain our places but it doesn't make any sense. If people failed interview/declined interview then obviously there are gaps. Anyway let's hope there's lots of jobs and things move quickly

Podbrdo wrote: »
    We retain our places but it doesn't make any sense. If people failed interview/declined interview then obviously there are gaps. Anyway let's hope there's lots of jobs and things move quickly

I know because I heard some people didn't even do interview??? Doesn't make sense there should be a new placing really !!!

It might be because of confidentiality. If you knew your new placing, and you knew people who were higher placed and had interviewed, you might be able to work out who had failed interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

budget1984 wrote:
    HI does anyone know if PAS contact you before they call your current employer.

budget1984 wrote:
    I dont want them contacting my employer until I accept a position & have start date. Wonder will this be a problem?

Hi, they do call you before they contact your current employer but you won't be offered position or given a start date til after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Jsherlock1 wrote:
    Thanks me too! Do you know how much time they allow for starting ie how much notice I could give my current employer?

lmdke wrote:
    No, I'm not sure. I need to give a months notice so I hope they give plenty of time !!

I gave a months notice to my employer and there was no problem. It had been asked in the interview though and I mentioned it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Well, been told I passed the interview. 1130 in Dublin. Anyone close to this? Bit anxious it can be anything from 2 days - 2 weeks for them to ring your references! Think we can all agree the wait can be a killer. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

It really is!! The most frustrating thing is calling the current employer and then nothing!!

Advertisement