Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

I am starting in revenue limerick in August, heard recently that in September there will be a reshuffle and that more co's will be starting then.

Hope so, I'm routing for limerick to be honest.
    Plus the waiting is getting hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Mr. A wrote: »
    Interview last Wednesday. Confirmed I passed on Monday. Dublin, place 1130 after Stage 2. Any guess how soon they get about contacting your references? Really seems to vary I notice. :-S

I am about 120 places ahead of you, interviewed end of May, passed and no request for refs yet.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I am about 120 places ahead of you, interviewed end of May, passed and no request for refs yet.:eek:

Oh my! :eek: Is this a general common trend in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

I'm place not too far ahead of you and I got offered revenue two weeks ago and I'm starting in September, I'm suprised you haven't heard yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Omc1 wrote: »
    I'm place not too far ahead of you and I got offered revenue two weeks ago and I'm starting in September, I'm suprised you haven't heard yet????

Curious how long until after you passed the interview that your references were contacted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Mr. A wrote: »
    Curious how long until after you passed the interview that your references were contacted?

I got interview results (Dublin) on the Monday, was contacted for references on the Thursday (going back about a month ago). Nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

I am starting in revenue limerick in August, heard recently that in September there will be a reshuffle and that more co's will be starting then.

Yes also heard more CO's starting 14th September in Sarsfield House. Fingers crossed Idrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Does anyone know if there has been any movement with Kerry region and if they have held interviews? Haven't got called for stage 2 but just curious to where it stands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

Hi did anyone who did interviews for kilkenny carlow on 17th of july hear anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I doubt there will be much movment in August. That month is traditionally the quietest month in the Civil Service and it is the month that a lot of people take their annual leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 anonyms

Same here - have you received any confirmation by post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there has been any movement with Kerry region and if they have held interviews? Haven't got called for stage 2 but just curious to where it stands at the moment.

I have not heard anything, I was placed in 30s after Stage 2 and no interview yet. I have no idea if people higher up were called for interview.
    Would love to know if it is going to come to anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

yy2015 wrote: »
    Hi did anyone who did interviews for kilkenny carlow on 17th of july hear anything ?

Hi, I did interview on June 30th, got results July 6th, call for reference checks July 8th and then got medical questionnaire July 27th but no offer or anything yet! Let me know if you hear anything - can I ask what number you are placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Interesting. So a cohort of co's will be training in revenue at the same time, be it Dublin (I think that's where omc1 is :) ), Limerick and Cork. I wonder if it means that there are several retirements coming up in this department.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Yeah I'm starting in Revenue in Dublin. Anyone starting on September 7th we'll be getting an email with the details next week or the week after in case you're worrying. Just rang them there a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Got a call from PAS today re clearance. This was already done in oct for Dublin region so thought I'd be sorted but because I've been working since they need to speak to my current employer. Dreading telling him!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

For anyone who has been offered a place, when is your start date? I have not gone through reference checks yet so wondering how long it is likely to be.

Does anyone know what the probation period is for clerical officers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Jsherlock1 wrote:
    Does anyone know what the probation period is for clerical officers?

One year as far as I'm aware

Danielle D wrote:
    One year as far as I'm aware
    That's what I thought-I wondered what the situation would be if you got pregnant during that time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    That's what I thought-I wondered what the situation would be if you got pregnant during that time?

There wouldn't be any problems. You may have your probation extended to cover the time you were off on Maternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Just wondering - how many references do they need? I've literally only had 3 jobs (in my current one for 3 years and was in another for 4) and the person I had in the passport office has moved to Zimbabwe and the other closed down her business 4 years ago and isn't too fond of being reminded of it so am a tiny bit worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just wondering - how many references do they need? I've literally only had 3 jobs (in my current one for 3 years and was in another for 4) and the person I had in the passport office has moved to Zimbabwe and the other closed down her business 4 years ago and isn't too fond of being reminded of it so am a tiny bit worried.

PAS will probably contact Foreign Affairs HR for a reference if you put down the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

And so begins another week of waiting......

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

Any word on Louth/Meath?

paddycakes wrote:
    It is frustrating given the fact that we first applied over a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

paddycakes wrote: »

I was just thinking the same (sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Just wondering what's the biggest movement on the panel someone had seen after the stage 2 assessment? I'm in the 290s for the Cork panel at the moment but I genuinely got every single question for the maths part right so I'm going hoping I move up a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

Finally got a letter today after 10 weeks since I was initially contacted regards references..
    I got assigned to CSO in Dublin, anyone any info on we're that office is based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

Just wondering what's the biggest movement on the panel someone had seen after the stage 2 assessment? I'm in the 290s for the Cork panel at the moment but I genuinely got every single question for the maths part right so I'm going hoping I move up a good bit

This isn't necessarily a good thing (if your talking about the second aptitude test) they work off the two aptitude matching and if one is much better than the first you will be outside of the acceptable level and not be called. The idea of the second aptitude test is to confirm that the first one was actually you and it's not another chance to impress

Advertisement