Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

chair28 wrote: »
    This isn't necessarily a good thing (if your talking about the second aptitude test) they work off the two aptitude matching and if one is much better than the first you will be outside of the acceptable level and not be called. The idea of the second aptitude test is to confirm that the first one was actually you and it's not another chance to impress

That's unfortunate because the second aptitude test was miles easier than the first - only basic math and the error checking was the same database throughout :/

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

That's unfortunate because the second aptitude test was miles easier than the first - only basic math and the error checking was the same database throughout :/

And the second test was supervised , so I would expect you to move up. Depending on how everyone else did too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I found the second one a lot harder than the first one. I'd imagine PAS don't use the exact same second stage test for everyone. They probably have a few different variations of stage 2 tests that are of a similar standard that they pass out to different groups sitting stage 2. It is possible to make a good jump. I went up about 700 places but there's probably a few factors that influenced that eg. people dropping out of the competition, people failing stage 2, people performing worse at stage 2 than at stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

Hey everyone,

Might sound like a strange question but...
    Do ye know if there is a medical exam required with the posts offered under this drive?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

randofmact wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Might sound like a strange question but...
    Do ye know if there is a medical exam required with the posts offered under this drive?

Thanks.

There is no medical exam but if you have any pre-existing medical conditions you will have to declare them & fill in a medical questionnaire, if they need further information they may request a report from you doctor outlining your medical history too date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 FrLukeDuke

Anyone any idea whether PAS will take holidays into consideration. Holidays planned soon and I'm afraid i'll be offered a start date that coincide with them (optimistic, right?). Will they take that into consideration if I inform them or is it just tough sh*t, you get what you're given?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Ciaran10 wrote: »
    Finally got a letter today after 10 weeks since I was initially contacted regards references..
    I got assigned to CSO in Dublin, anyone any info on we're that office is based ?

A sincere congrats! Curious what your place was on the Dublin panel after Stage 2? Based in Rathmines the CSO I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Phone call at 8.30am offering me a start date in two weeks! Starting on Monday 24th in Tusla in Cork!!!
    The wait is finally over!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

paddycakes wrote:
    Phone call at 8.30am offering me a start date in two weeks! Starting on Monday 24th in Tusla in Cork!!!
    The wait is finally over!!

Congrats! I didn't realise Tulsa was included!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Has anyone is Laois/Offaly/Westmeath had references check or offer of employment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

paddycakes wrote: »

Ah that great, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

Mr. A wrote: »
    A sincere congrats! Curious what your place was on the Dublin panel after Stage 2? Based in Rathmines the CSO I believe.

Got a call today to say it was Swords which suits me even better as I'm based in Louth.. After stage 2 I was round the 820 mark and then when I did the interview I was informed within days about reference check. For some reason the Gaurda vetting took near 11 weeks whilst other people in the early 1000 were getting placed before me..how long have you been waiting Mr.A

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Ciaran10 wrote: »
    Got a call today to say it was Swords which suits me even better as I'm based in Louth.. After stage 2 I was round the 820 mark and then when I did the interview I was informed within days about reference check. For some reason the Gaurda vetting took near 11 weeks whilst other people in the early 1000 were getting placed before me..how long have you been waiting Mr.A

I'm 1130. I've literally been waiting nearly two weeks since I was told I passed the interview Monday before last. References haven't been called yet... and so, the great wait begins. :D Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

paddycakes wrote: »

Great news, paddycakes! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Anyone know how high in numbers are after being called in Dublin and cork for stage 2.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Anyone know how high in numbers are after being called in Dublin and cork for stage 2.

Thanks

I've seen people here say they were in the 1100s for Dublin. I'm not so sure about Cork, 300s maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

SSMorg wrote: »
    Hey, any update for stage 2 for the Sligo region?

Got an email inviting me to stage 3 interview for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford, so the process is moving again, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Has anyone is Laois/Offaly/Westmeath had references check or offer of employment?

I'm in low 30s haven't heard a thing

Mhana wrote: »
    Got an email inviting me to stage 3 interview for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford, so the process is moving again, delighted!

Can I ask what number roughly you are for this region? I'm in low 100s

Podbrdo wrote: »
    Can I ask what number roughly you are for this region? I'm in low 100s

I'm in the 20's. I don't know how many have been called, but if you email PAS they would be able to tell you, good luck!

• Advertisement

Mhana wrote: »
    I'm in the 20's. I don't know how many have been called, but if you email PAS they would be able to tell you, good luck!

I've already been interviewed for Westmeath/Laois/Offaly (I was in low 30s there) so as far as I remember I keep the same number I had for each region. Just curious as to how many they are interviewing, to get an idea of how many vacancies there are.

It would be good to know alright, especially since you won't get called for a second interview. You could be in this batch of interviews for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford and not know. You keep your original number for each region alright, regardless of passing the interview elsewhere, as far as I know. Someone else might post with their number and if they've been called to stage 3, best of luck :-)

Forgot to say, good luck with your interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sange112000

Was called for interview for Westmeath area but we were flying out on hols that morning, so they rescheduled me and its now next Monday - has anyone any interview tips or advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

Was called for interview for Westmeath area but we were flying out on hols that morning, so they rescheduled me and its now next Monday - has anyone any interview tips or advice please?

You will only be asked about what you have on the form. So make sure you have all your examples ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone in Dublin can give me an idea of what number on order of merit has been reached for stage two? I was 2500 so I'm not at all hopeful but I do keep an eye on things here and seems as if things are moving along steadily.

Many thanks and Best of luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Got an email for interview for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford . . . things seem to be finally moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I've seen people here say they were in the 1100s for Dublin. I'm not so sure about Cork, 300s maybe?

It's not that good for Cork :L I'm 290s - The highest I've seen on here is 150

Edit:

Sorry I misread - Cork is at 150 for positions offered but early 300s for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone in Dublin can give me an idea of what number on order of merit has been reached for stage two? I was 2500 so I'm not at all hopeful but I do keep an eye on things here and seems as if things are moving along steadily.

Many thanks and Best of luck to you all

I was 2164 for Dublin and I did the stage 2 tests on June 29th but I still haven't received the results yet. I'd say you'll be invited to stage two soon.

• Advertisement

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Got an email for interview for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford . . . things seem to be finally moving!

See you there! Roughly what number are you on the panel, trying to figure out how many might be called? :-)

Advertisement