Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Idrive wrote: »
    Are you guys waiting for limerick ?

I'm Dublin, still waiting to hear! Glad I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

When I rang her two weeks ago she said it would be this week or last week. I want something in writing before I hand in my notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Oh that is great - glad to hear it went well for you :-) Just got word (literally letter & phone call together) I will be starting in the CG with the next bunch September 14th :-) It is perfect timing as I had to give a months notice.

Great stuff. See you then!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

A little over two weeks since I was told I passed the interview, and no call for references yet. Though I notice there is not set timetable on that? (1130 in Dublin, for the record).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Mr. A wrote: »
    A little over two weeks since I was told I passed the interview, and no call for references yet. Though I notice there is not set timetable on that? (1130 in Dublin, for the record).

My references were checked 5 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

My references were checked 5 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing since.

Sorry to hear that JohnMearshiemer. Where were you placed after Stage 2?

Mr. A wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that JohnMearshiemer. Where were you placed after Stage 2?

I placed in the late 1000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

In Waterford and was called for interview today, interviews next week in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

sillysocks wrote: »
    In Waterford and was called for interview today, interviews next week in Dublin!
    Good to hear Waterford is moving do u mind me asking wat number u are on panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

If I remember correctly I was 24 on the Kilkenny panel.

Thank you, thats good to know. I was 21 so I should hear something very soon....hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolli Wick

Hello,
    I have my interview for Carlow/Kilkenny region on 21st Aug, could someone who has already done theirs wallk me through it:
    How many interviewers, how long does the interview last, types of questions I will be asked, any info I should know going in would be very helpful.
    Maybe someone has already done this but the post is very long :)
    Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Mhana wrote: »
    I have my interview next Monday, the 17th, for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford.

Hi do u mind me asking ng where u placed for this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

I have my interview for Carlow/Kilkenny next Thursday 20th @9am.

I am ranked 105, funnily enough I rang publicjobs yesterday morning and they told me they had reached the 50 mark and did not know when further people would be called.

So was surprised to see the notification come in that evening for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolli Wick

I have my interview for Carlow/Kilkenny next Thursday 20th @9am.

I am ranked 105, funnily enough I rang publicjobs yesterday morning and they told me they had reached the 50 mark and did not know when further people would be called.

So was surprised to see the notification come in that evening for the interview

Any idea where they could be hiring for?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

Gickyk wrote: »

They are calling upto 107

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

lmdke wrote: »
    Thank you, thats good to know. I was 21 so I should hear something very soon....hopefully!

When did you do your test? You would have thought you would have received position first if you ranked 21 and I 24. I had my interview end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Lolli Wick wrote: »
    Any idea where they could be hiring for?

No not really, suppose it could be revenue in kilkenny or social welfare office in carlow, I am only guessing

Good that the whole thing is moving again,hope for the best at interview and then the waiting game again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

Gickyk wrote: »

I'm in the 20's. Someone else mentioned they were in the 60's and they were called too, hope that helps! :-)

When did you do your test? You would have thought you would have received position first if you ranked 21 and I 24. I had my interview end of June.

Yeah, I had my interview on June 30th but I then had to do a medical form that slowed things down. I got word last week that the medical officer had signed off on my file but still haven't got an offer, I am sitting waiting for the postman every day!

No not really, suppose it could be revenue in kilkenny or social welfare office in carlow, I am only guessing

Good that the whole thing is moving again,hope for the best at interview and then the waiting game again

I heard that revenue, DSP & OPW in Kilkenny are taking on people but not sure!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I had my interview on June 30th but I then had to do a medical form that slowed things down. I got word last week that the medical officer had signed off on my file but still haven't got an offer, I am sitting waiting for the postman every day!

Well it should be soon then. I got my letter and phone call Monday. I wouldn't mind working in Kilkenny but it would add a hour onto my travel time compared with Waterford. It really isn't going to pay me to work for a few years, but I'm afraid that if I don't take this then i will not get in at all.

Well it should be soon then. I got my letter and phone call Monday. I wouldn't mind working in Kilkenny but it would add a hour onto my travel time compared with Waterford. It really isn't going to pay me to work for a few years, but I'm afraid that if I don't take this then i will not get in at all.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. It is a tough decision for you, Maybe you could start in Kilkenny & then try for a transfer to Waterford next year? Did they mention a start date to you when they called?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

anyone hear back from the stage two yet? i did mine a few weeks ago and said id hear this month

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. It is a tough decision for you, Maybe you could start in Kilkenny & then try for a transfer to Waterford next year? Did they mention a start date to you when they called?

I sent am email to the HR department in Revenue asking about a transfer and how long I would have to wait, also about parental leave and or going part time. i haven't heard anything back yet. If I don't by this afternoon then I am going to try calling. They didn't mention a start date but I said initially that I didn't think I would take position, however at this stage I would need at least a month if not more to plan childcare. I think th only way it would work for my family is if we got a au pair or we would be paying €400 a week for a childminder, plus playschool and montisorri fees.

I sent am email to the HR department in Revenue asking about a transfer and how long I would have to wait, also about parental leave and or going part time. i haven't heard anything back yet. If I don't by this afternoon then I am going to try calling. They didn't mention a start date but I said initially that I didn't think I would take position, however at this stage I would need at least a month if not more to plan childcare. I think th only way it would work for my family is if we got a au pair or we would be paying €400 a week for a childminder, plus playschool and montisorri fees.

Wow, sure at €400 a week for childcare you would be paying out more than you are bringing home! We don't have any kids so I didn't realise that it would cost that much. You might be better off waiting for Waterford as you would have less travel expenses & the kids might be a bit older, I presume childcare would be less when they are in school?

Wow, sure at €400 a week for childcare you would be paying out more than you are bringing home! We don't have any kids so I didn't realise that it would cost that much. You might be better off waiting for Waterford as you would have less travel expenses & the kids might be a bit older, I presume childcare would be less when they are in school?

Once they are all in school or at least montisorri we could probably get someone for circa €200 week. One they get a wee bit older then there might be other options. I know people who work in the public service who work 9 - 2.3 so they can be home to pick up their children. That is why working for the public service is great as it dies offer the flexibility that you usually can't get in private industry. I work in civil service in N. Ireland for 4 plus years and a lot of women were on reduced hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I received an offer for Peoplepoint today, would be great if someone could pm me who has already started there. Is there parking? Is it office wear or casual? What's the age group? Is there flexi? What training would I expect etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

FrLukeDuke wrote: »
    Anyone any idea whether PAS will take holidays into consideration. Holidays planned soon and I'm afraid i'll be offered a start date that coincide with them (optimistic, right?). Will they take that into consideration if I inform them or is it just tough sh*t, you get what you're given?

I come back from holiday two days after the start date I was offered. They sorted for me to start the day after I get back.

I received an offer for Peoplepoint today, would be great if someone could pm me who has already started there. Is there parking? Is it office wear or casual? What's the age group? Is there flexi? What training would I expect etc?

Do you mind me asking roughly what number you are? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

just contacted publicjobs re positions. they have called up to 140 for stage 2 in kildare/wicklow and 170 for meath/louth

Advertisement