Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Does anyone know if oeople have been called to stage 2 for mayo/roscommon yet? Ive just got an interview date for longford/leitrim/sligo but Mayo is my preference!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

dawn8585 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if oeople have been called to stage 2 for mayo/roscommon yet? Ive just got an interview date for longford/leitrim/sligo but Mayo is my preference!

Hi I was called for stage 2 for Roscommon / MAyo last April. Had interview in July. Sligo Longford is my preference :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

I did my stage 2 for mayo/roscommon on july 14th,still awaiting results, told me earlier in the week should be next week! budget 1984 do you mind me asking where you placed in round 1?

Hi I was in early teens. how about you. dont understand what way they working it.

oh right i was 200 :):) Its a wierd system alright, I would imagine a lot of people found other options hence me being called! There must be something afoot when you've had your interview

• Advertisement

Hopefully - the waiting is a killer.
    Sligo / Longford would be my first preference - oh decisions decisions..

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hopefully - the waiting is a killer.
    Sligo / Longford would be my first preference - oh decisions decisions..

Maybe we could swap haha

Thats strange. I was placed early 20's for mayo/roscommon and late 30's for longford/leitrim/sligo.

After stage 2 for longford i dropped a good bit, found stage 2 tough!!

Hopeing my interview may be also considered for mayo if something cane up there first?

Confusing!!!!

Oh i know - waiting and wondering is painful.
    when is you interview?
    i was in early teens for mayo / ros & mid 20's for Sligo /longford.
    Really hoping for Sligo/ Longford but if Im offered position in the other location I dont know what I'll do.
    Its a gamble.

when is you interview?
    Really hoping for Sligo/ Longford but if Im offered position in the other location I dont know what I'll do.
    Its a gamble.
    Sure what's for you won't pass you!!you only interview once is that it,regardless of preference??best of luck either way!

yep only one interview - thankfully!!!
    best of luck!!!!

• Advertisement

when is you interview?
    Its a gamble.

My interview is on the 20th.

Were u in early teens after stage 1 or 2? And did u get a new number for longford automatically even though ur stage 2 was for mayo?

Best of luck anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

My interview is on the 20th.

Were u in early teens after stage 1 or 2? And did u get a new number for longford automatically even though ur stage 2 was for mayo?

Best of luck anyway!!

I think you have to wait till your stage 1 number is called before your results for stage 2 are considered. I have been offered a job for Kilkenny but am hoping for Waterford, however they have only called up to the 70s for stage 2 testing for Waterford and I was placed 154 in stage 1.

I think you have to wait till your stage 1 number is called before your results for stage 2 are considered. I have been offered a job for Kilkenny but am hoping for Waterford, however they have only called up to the 70s for stage 2 testing for Waterford and I was placed 154 in stage 1.

Hopefully ur not waiting too long! Will ur references for kilkenny be ok now for waterford?

Hopefully ur not waiting too long! Will ur references for kilkenny be ok now for waterford?

I would imagine so. I haven't worked in a few years and were all for old employers.

I have sent an email to revenue hr (I was offered Kilkenny revenue) asking about once in how long would I have to wait to apply for transfer and about parental leave, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm going to try and call them on Monday as I need to formally let them know if I'm going to refuse Kilkenny. I have been kinda waiting to see what revenue hr will say.

I would imagine so. I haven't worked in a few years and were all for old employers.

I have sent an email to revenue hr (I was offered Kilkenny revenue) asking about once in how long would I have to wait to apply for transfer and about parental leave, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm going to try and call them on Monday as I need to formally let them know if I'm going to refuse Kilkenny. I have been kinda waiting to see what revenue hr will say.

Yea ur in an awkward situation. Hopefully it works out.

Ive just started a new job so im dreading the references(if i get that far!) as chances are il be waiting ages to leave after theyve called my emoloyer :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Hi just wondering what number your were for Kilkenny please...

Lulucas wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what number your were for Kilkenny please...

24 after 2nd stage. I was 117 originally

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Hi all, I'm here filling out the Supplementary Application form for the interview. I in two jobs which brings me back 15 years but I have been working full time since 1995 do I need to got back that far? Just I already am sick of filling out the form so hoping 15 years is enough. Would really appreciate any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Just out of curiosity up to what number has been called to Stage 2 tests in Waterford/Wexford and what numbers are they at for Stage 3 interview?

I have heard of people taking positions in other areas Dublin/Cork etc. and immediately requesting to be put on a transfer list to Waterford can this be done or do you need to see out your year probation?

Just out of curiosity up to what number has been called to Stage 2 tests in Waterford/Wexford and what numbers are they at for Stage 3 interview?

I have heard of people taking positions in other areas Dublin/Cork etc. and immediately requesting to be put on a transfer list to Waterford can this be done or do you need to see out your year probation?

70s for Waterford. I have asked that question about transferring and am awaiting reply. I wouldn't see why you can't be put on transfer list immediately, kinda unfair though for people who do wait for their number to come up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭AprilMayJune

You can apply for a transfer after serving 2 years. There are 2 people in my department waiting to transfer from Kilkenny to Waterford one of them is 11 years on the list so do bear in mind that you could be waiting a long time. Regarding parental leave you can apply for it once you have 1 years service unless your child is reaching the age which parental leave ends ( which is 13 in the civil service) and in that case you can take 1 weeks parental leave for each month of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

1130 in Dublin. I was told on Wednesday (19th August), they were checking my references. I also have to get a statement from SW when I was in the receipt of Social Welfare payments during periods of not working. Just something to be aware of when you're contacted for references!

You can apply for a transfer after serving 2 years. There are 2 people in my department waiting to transfer from Kilkenny to Waterford one of them is 11 years on the list so do bear in mind that you could be waiting a long time. Regarding parental leave you can apply for it once you have 1 years service unless your child is reaching the age which parental leave ends ( which is 13 in the civil service) and in that case you can take 1 weeks parental leave for each month of service.

Thanks for the info. Answers many questions for me. I will still call revenue hr to confirm but I just can't wait 2 plus years to transfer. The extra cost of commuting and the extra time would just not make it affordable to my family and I. We were already thinking that only affordable way for me to take position would be for us to get Au Pair. I will just have to take a chance and wait for a position in Waterford.

No problem I left a job to take a clerical officer position 8 years ago for family friendly reasons. I have a masters and a cima qualification - I've reached the top 5 in 4 promotion competitions but no position has come up where I live so had turn them all down. After 8 years I take home €400 because of pension deductions and I've yet to get term time because everything - term time job sharing etc has a waiting list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

No problem I left a job to take a clerical officer position 8 years ago for family friendly reasons. I have a masters and a cima qualification - I've reached the top 5 in 4 promotion competitions but no position has come up where I live so had turn them all down. After 8 years I take home €400 because of pension deductions and I've yet to get term time because everything - term time job sharing etc has a waiting list.

Term time has a waiting list too - how does that work, can only so many take it per section?

Mhana wrote: »
    Term time has a waiting list too - how does that work, can only so many take it per section?

Yes each area had a limit to how many can have it at s time and even if you get offered it it's often not exactly what you want. For example you might want 8 weeks off July and August to stay home with kids - you might get offered 4 weeks or 8 weeks starting in May etc. Also you cannot take annual leave 2 weeks before or after Term time. It's now open to all staff not just parents and it's called shorter working year .

Yes each area had a limit to how many can have it at s time and even if you get offered it it's often not exactly what you want. For example you might want 8 weeks off July and August to stay home with kids - you might get offered 4 weeks or 8 weeks starting in May etc. Also you cannot take annual leave 2 weeks before or after Term time. It's now open to all staff not just parents and it's called shorter working year .

Can I ask which department you work in and what area. My neighbour who works for land registry said it easy to get term time and parental leave where she works as they have too many staff but that she has friends in social welfare and they can't get any as they don't have enough staff.

What ever I do I need it to work for my family. Long term I need to go back but not if it not good for my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Mr. A wrote: »
    1130 in Dublin. I was told on Wednesday (19th August), they were checking my references. I also have to get a statement from SW when I was in the receipt of Social Welfare payments during periods of not working. Just something to be aware of when you're contacted for references!

Is that for if you're currently unemployed or is it even if you've been unemployed previously and are now working?

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Is that for if you're currently unemployed or is it even if you've been unemployed previously and are now working?

For any period of unemployment I think. I had to get one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

For any period of unemployment I think. I had to get one

Ah crap

Advertisement