Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Moved up to the 150s from the 290s after after stage 2 in the Cork Panel - 75% on Verbal, 85% on Math and 65% on error checking. Focking delira.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

Where do you get the percent and how much ya have moved up by? Can't see it on mine. Passed the lot tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

chair28 wrote: »
    Where do you get the percent and how much ya have moved up by? Can't see it on mine. Passed the lot tho

You have to work it out yourself with the figures they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jayk99

starsx wrote: »
    Hi Emer Im starting in the department of Justice aswell got the letter last Friday still no word where I'm going! Whats it like are most people assigned to stations?

I got my letter from justice around the same time. Did you get a start date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

i know in the email they stated they are arranging interviews for 80-109 in cork, can any confirm what number they are at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Miss Understood

Moved up to the 150s from the 290s after after stage 2 in the Cork Panel - 75% on Verbal, 85% on Math and 65% on error checking. Focking delira.

Forgive the probably obvious answer, but do you mean you were placed in the 290's after stage 1? And now 150's after stage 2? If that is it, I'm even more Delighted as I've jumped 1000 exactly, seems huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Forgive the probably obvious answer, but do you mean you were placed in the 290's after stage 1? And now 150's after stage 2? If that is it, I'm even more Delighted as I've jumped 1000 exactly, seems huge!

Yup you're right moved up 150 places after the stage 2 exam

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Just got mine too for Dublin. I passed and placed 1312 up from 2363 after the last round. Haven't placed high enough to be called just yet but delighted to have passed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

Got my results, went from 394 in Limerick and Tipp to 207. On the email they stated they are assigning places 100-180 - so close aaaaarghhh, surely there'll be another 27 interviewed for jobs! Delighted! My numerical and error checking were high scores, and the verbal was only like 36 above the qualifying score

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

theaxel132 wrote: »
    i know in the email they stated they are arranging interviews for 80-109 in cork, can any confirm what number they are at?

To the best of my knowledge they are not interviewing those candidates (80-109) but are actually assigning them to posts. They have already been interviewed. Which I suppose could be good news re the possibility/timscale of moving to Stage 3 and interview. Provided the jobs keep coming in of course. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Divisadero wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge they are not interviewing those candidates (80-109) but are actually assigning them to posts. They have already been interviewed. Which I suppose could be good news re the possibility/timscale of moving to Stage 3 and interview. Provided the jobs keep coming in of course. Fingers crossed.

Yeah mine said "assigning numbers to 100-180" so i hope that means those people are already interviewed! Language of email is confusing!

Yeah mine said "assigning numbers to 100-180" so i hope that means those people are already interviewed! Language of email is confusing!

They have already been interviewed. It just means they are giving out jobs to people between those numbers that passed their interview.

They have already been interviewed. It just means they are giving out jobs to people between those numbers that passed their interview.

Well that sounds promising! Hopefully, they'll reach my number, i feel a little more optimistic than i did last week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

If you had a choice between a clerical role in a garda station and revenue which would people prefer?

lmdke wrote: »
    If you had a choice between a clerical role in a garda station and revenue which would people prefer?

Having worked in a clerical role in revenue for 2 contracts, but never worked in a GS, i'd not be of much help! But if i was offered either i might go for the Garda Station. I would literally take a job ANYWHERE! The Garda Station may be more interesting, i don't know, although i really enjoyed my time in Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Having worked in a clerical role in revenue for 2 contracts, but never worked in a GS, i'd not be of much help! But if i was offered either i might go for the Garda Station. I would literally take a job ANYWHERE! The Garda Station may be more interesting, i don't know, although i really enjoyed my time in Revenue

Revenue provides future opportunities to change roles, get promoted etc.

Garda Stations is pretty much the one role with only Guards as colleagues

Hope today went well!

MrsPepperpot, if you dont mind me asking, what number were you placed at after Stage 2, was just wondering about how long id have to wait to hear about the possibility of an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

Just got my call from the Dept of Justice to say my contract is being sent out and I'll be starting in about 2 weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

jayk99 wrote: »
    I got my letter from justice around the same time. Did you get a start date yet?

No Word since still waiting!!

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Just got my call from the Dept of Justice to say my contract is being sent out and I'll be starting in about 2 weeks..

That's great news!! Where will you be placed i still have heard nothing:/

• Advertisement

That's great news!! Where will you be placed i still have heard nothing:/

He didn't really say much he said it'll be city centre and all info will be in the contract. Keep your phone nearby you might get the call tomorrow.

He didn't really say much he said it'll be city centre and all info will be in the contract. Keep your phone nearby you might get the call tomorrow.

its all very vague isn't it? at least its moving for you:) I'll have the phone glued to me haha
    I presume they are OK about 1 months notice period?

its all very vague isn't it? at least its moving for you:) I'll have the phone glued to me haha
    I presume they are OK about 1 months notice period?

Yeah I'm just delighted.. Such a long process!!! Yeah the first thing they ask is when you will be available , it just so happens that I got made redundant last week so I can start as soon as they need me.

Yeah I'm just delighted.. Such a long process!!! Yeah the first thing they ask is when you will be available , it just so happens that I got made redundant last week so I can start as soon as they need me.

I know the process is just so long you almost feel like its going nowhere but at least it worked out, really good timing for yourself!! thank god because I will need to give a months notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

lmdke wrote: »

Avoid Revenue. 3 years there and my happiest day was signing back on upon "retirement". They won't have changed much in 10 years. I'm sure the HEO's upwards are having a great time - but if you qualify and are given any choice, wait to take up a post in the general service. As for AGS, no idea.

No Word since still waiting!!

Literally got the call after I posted that. I say he's going through a list and you'll have a call by the end of the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have been following the thread, but can't remember the answer to this question, if someone could oblige..

Is there a re-ranking after the interview process, or are you just told you've passed the interview, and you retain the same place you had after stage 2?

jayk99 wrote: »
    Literally got the call after I posted that. I say he's going through a list and you'll have a call by the end of the week :)

Got the call too.. Did he tell you where you would be based?

Got the call too.. Did he tell you where you would be based?

Nope didn't tell me anything. He was just asking me about my availability and said the start date etc will be in a letter he's sending out :)

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Have been following the thread, but can't remember the answer to this question, if someone could oblige..

Is there a re-ranking after the interview process, or are you just told you've passed the interview, and you retain the same place you had after stage 2?

There's no re-ranking. You retain your stage 2 position.

Advertisement