Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

"We are currently assigning candidates placed between 1000 & 1110"

I'm stuck at 1237. Even if all of those drop out and they call the next 110 - I'm still 17 out.
    Badly hungover and numerical reasoning isn't helping.

Congrats to all who passed and there'll be another bus along for those that weren't so lucky (and it is mainly luck).

I'm place 1001 and I'm starting in revenue in September but I got called a few weeks ago so you might not be waiting too long, I know theres a load of people starting the same day as me. Plus there will be people that didn't pass the interview and people who have dropped out so you actually could be pretty far up the list.

Hope you get called soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

There's no re-ranking. You retain your stage 2 position.

Cheers..

I expect there might be an unofficial movement up the ranks 1 or 2 places to account for people not passing / not taking up the interview offer..

I was on a different panel for a fixed term contract before and the rankings were only given after the interview, so just thought I'd check..

Have interview next week for Louth/Meath panel, so some movement there for anyone that was wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Miss Understood

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Cheers..

I expect there might be an unofficial movement up the ranks 1 or 2 places to account for people not passing / not taking up the interview offer..

I was on a different panel for a fixed term contract before and the rankings were only given after the interview, so just thought I'd check..

Have interview next week for Louth/Meath panel, so some movement there for anyone that was wondering...

I would have thought there would be re ranking after interview that would indicate place on panel. Surprised that's not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I would have thought there would be re ranking after interview that would indicate place on panel. Surprised that's not the case.

They'll just cross the names of people that didn't pass the interview off the list. You'll probably be a few positions higher than your stage 2 result after the interviews because not everyone will pass it. You just won't get a new number.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Genuine question here - how does someone fail the interview? Like I imagine the only way is by being found out to be a liar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Looks like I'm going to the HSE. Can't say I'm too enthused at the prospect but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyone worked for them before? Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Moved up to the 150s from the 290s after after stage 2 in the Cork Panel - 75% on Verbal, 85% on Math and 65% on error checking. Focking delira.

I appear to have beaten you on each yet mysteriously lost a hundred odd places in Dublin..

corny wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to the HSE. Can't say I'm too enthused at the prospect but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyone worked for them before? Any opinions?

Any idea of an area corny?

Question, can you refuse an offer and if so be offered something later? As in could you hold out for HSE for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Question, can you refuse an offer and if so be offered something later? As in could you hold out for HSE for example?

I was told I could refuse on location, I think if you have valid reason would be ok.

If you refuse an offer for one region you are off the panel for that region. You will still be in contention for your other 2 regions but you're gambling that your place on the panel in that region will be reached.

• Advertisement

If you refuse an offer for one region you are off the panel for that regiiojm. You will still be in contention for your other 2 regions but you're gambling that your place on the panel in that region will be reached.

Thanks for clarification JohnMearsheimer, I have actually only selected Dublin region so therefore won't have the opportunity of refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

Genuine question here - how does someone fail the interview? Like I imagine the only way is by being found out to be a liar

I had the same question in my head, im usually ok in interviews, but selling myself is not my strong point. After doing so well in the aptitudes id be raging if i failed the interview. I only registered for Limerick and Tipp so i have one chance only!

You'll get sent a list of competencies before the interview. You have to be able to demonstrate through examples how you meet them at the interview. I believe you have to pass each of the competency areas to pass the interview. No good doing great on 3 but completely blanking the last one. I think that's how it works anyway. It's easy to see how someone might fail. Don't take it for granted that the interview is a formality. A few posters here haven't been successful at interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

jayk99 wrote: »
    Literally got the call after I posted that. I say he's going through a list and you'll have a call by the end of the week :)

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldhand07

Hi all, I got my ranking for Dublin region yesterday just over 1400 so not holding out much hope for been called for that! Did anyone get a ranking for Tipperary and Limerick region or for Cork Region?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

Cheers..

can i ask approx what number you were after stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

@oldhand07 sorry I'm on my phone so I can't really quote your comment but I'm place 1001 and I'm starting in revenue in September. You'll definitely get called to interview and more than likely get placed. There's still 10 months left till a new competition. Don't give up hope :)

ciartastix wrote: »
    can i ask approx what number you were after stage 2?

In the 20's..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

In the 20's..

thanks. i have yet to receive results for stage 2 but I'm long way away from that number anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

My brother just got called for an interview, are these temporary or full time positions?

• Advertisement

My brother just got called for an interview, are these temporary or full time positions?

The invitation to interview should either say Clerical Officer or Temporary Clerical Officer. If it's for Clerical Officer then it's a full time permanent position.

ciartastix wrote: »
    thanks. i have yet to receive results for stage 2 but I'm long way away from that number anyway :)

Well good luck anyway.. I jumped at least 100 places after stage 2, so all is not lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The invitation to interview should either say Clerical Officer or Temporary Clerical Officer. If it's for Clerical Officer then it's a full time permanent position.
    How formal are the interviews? Is it a suit and tie job or will I look daft if everyone else is wearing jeans and runners?

How formal are the interviews? Is it a suit and tie job or will I look daft if everyone else is wearing jeans and runners?

It's a suit and tie job if you have one. You'd probably get away with trousers, shirt and tie if you don't have a suit. Everyone that was around the place when I did my interview was formally dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

I was told I could refuse on location, I think if you have valid reason would be ok.

Have you officially turned down the offer for Kilkenny or are you still thinking about it? Did revenue get back to you with answers to your questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Mid 30's in Kerry & interview is next week.....at last!
    Thanks to everyone who has posted tips - I will be looking back over this thread to help prepare for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Is there a place to leave belongings before going for interview? Would like to bring a jacket that may not b interview suitable but dont fancy walking around dublin for d day after without it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

dawn8585 wrote: »
    Is there a place to leave belongings before going for interview? Would like to bring a jacket that may not b interview suitable but dont fancy walking around dublin for d day after without it either!

You can just leave it in the waiting area, that's what I did. The lady actually asked me did I want to leave it there and just asked me had I anything valuable in the pockets. It's a fairly quiet area with a reception desk so can't imagine anything would happen there!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

lmdke wrote: »
    Have you officially turned down the offer for Kilkenny or are you still thinking about it? Did revenue get back to you with answers to your questions?

She sent me an email asking me to call her. Answered one question and that was that I would have to wait 2 years to apply for transfer and that it would all depend on how many were in front of me so years and years.

I formally refused today based on location. I am now off the panel in Kilkenny / Carlow. I did say in my refusal email that I was refusing as I was hoping to get a position in Waterford City so hopefully they took a note of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

She sent me an email asking me to call her. Answered one question and that was that I would have to wait 2 years to apply for transfer and that it would all depend on how many were in front of me so years and years.

I formally refused today based on location. I am now off the panel in Kilkenny / Carlow. I did say in my refusal email that I was refusing as I was hoping to get a position in Waterford City so hopefully they took a note of that.

I really hope that something comes up for you in Waterford, it must be very disappointing to get the offer & not be able to take it. Very, very best of luck with the Waterford panel.

Advertisement