Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a letter today. Haven't been contacted for references yet but got a letter stating I'm to be assigned to revenue in Limerick!
    Idrive wrote: »
    Yes, we are in the same boat.
    Got letter this morning and have to bring two written references on the start date.
    I emailed them but didn't get date yet.
    Handing in my notice tomorrow anyway as advised.
    Delighted with revenue limerick.

Congrats guys!! 2 weeks in and so far so good!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Has anyone is Laois/Offaly/Westmeath had references check or offer of employment?

Hi, Im very new to Boards so I apologise if I am doing anything wrong.
    I placed 42 on the panal for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath, but have heard nothing yet. Would love to hear from anyone who has been offered a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Have they called u yet? They haven't advised me to hand in my notice yet. And the letter doesn't say anything about bringing in two written references either.

They called me once I emailed them. Should be an email addresson your letter.
    I have to return a Garda vetting form that had a missing year ( was nervous as the interview )

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I thought the same, but I passed mine so try not worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Idrive wrote: »
    Yes, we are in the same boat.
    Got letter this morning and have to bring two written references on the start date.
    I emailed them but didn't get date yet.
    Handing in my notice tomorrow anyway as advised.
    Delighted with revenue limerick.

Excellent news :-) We will be more than likely starting together so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Omc1 wrote: »
    I'm place 1001 and I'm starting in revenue in September but I got called a few weeks ago so you might not be waiting too long, I know theres a load of people starting the same day as me. Plus there will be people that didn't pass the interview and people who have dropped out so you actually could be pretty far up the list.

Hope you get called soon :)

I'm placed 1586 after stage 2 for Dublin, no results for country regions received yet.

Is there any hope for me to get to interview stage I wonder?, bearing in mind that there approx 500 - 600 people to be interviewed before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Does anyone know if jobs in GISC/Pulse in castlebar are included in this clerical competition?

I've heard they're very short staffed but as its shift work, i dont know if they recruit separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

any word on the rankings in cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

I can't believe the postman has just gone and no letter again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

theaxel132 wrote: »
    any word on the rankings in cork yet?

Nothing and I contacted them last Friday asking when the interviews would be and they said they didn't have a date yet

On a side note - could anyone tell me if this is the right scale we'd be on if we were to get a job? http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/new-scales-for-new-entrants-2011-civil-service/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 shazboh

Hi All.

I got the call a few weeks ago to say I was starting in Revenue in Dublin Sep 7th. However I haven't received any contract yet from them they said I was to receive this by email but still nothing. I finish up in my current job this Friday but just want to make sure the date etc hasn't changed.

Anyone else starting the same day on here received anything?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

shazboh wrote: »
    Hi All.

I got the call a few weeks ago to say I was starting in Revenue in Dublin Sep 7th. However I haven't received any contract yet from them they said I was to receive this by email but still nothing. I finish up in my current job this Friday but just want to make sure the date etc hasn't changed.

Thanks

I'm starting that week in Revenue, but in Cork. I received the contract about two weeks ago. Just to be sure, check your spam folder as it's from revenue, not PAS, so it may not be recognized. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

shazboh wrote: »
    Hi All.

Thanks

Same boat as yourself! I rang them on Thursday, there's one lady doing all the contracts, sounds like she's swamped. She's hoping to get the last of the contracts out this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Got notice already that I passed my interview. Interview wasn't even a week ago! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

On a side note - could anyone tell me if this is the right scale we'd be on if we were to get a job? http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/new-scales-for-new-entrants-2011-civil-service/

No that is an old one. I think this is the most up to date.
    http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/health/health-salary-scales/health-merged-salary-scales-2013/clerical-administration-related-grades-2013/[/QUOTE]

That link you gave is for C.Os in the public service. Are you sure that scale applies to the new Civil Service C.Os?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Lulucas I am number 17 for that region so depends on how many positions are available I guess! Where are you placed?

Hi Jsherlock, just wondering if you have heard anything from the Westmeath region?

That link you gave is for C.Os in the public service. Are you sure that scale applies to the new Civil Service C.Os?[/quote]

Pretty sure they are the same. Try this one. Can't compare on my phone!!
    http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/merged-salary-scales-for-new-entrants/

That link you gave is for C.Os in the public service. Are you sure that scale applies to the new Civil Service C.Os?[/quote]

Apologies.... They differ slightly. Think the 2nd link is the correct one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That link you gave is for C.Os in the public service. Are you sure that scale applies to the new Civil Service C.Os?

Pretty sure they are the same. Try this one. Can't compare on my phone!!
    http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/merged-salary-scales-for-new-entrants/[/QUOTE]

Yea, your 2nd link is the correct one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Bumbleton wrote: »
    JSherlock, I'm 2nd for the same panel and I haven't heard anything yet either. I rang today and they said that there are vacancies coming up in Tullamore and Athlone, that I would probably be contacted within the next week or two at which point the next stage is clearance where they will check my references. Then after that "thinks should move pretty fast, probably about 2 or so weeks until you get your start date". I hope this helps and puts your mind at ease.

Edit: Also, Orlsheen. I wouldn't mention it at all and legally they are not allowed to ask as far as I'm aware. Furthermore the civil service tends to be more okay with that sort of thing than say a private company would be.

Hi bumbleton just wondering if you have heard anything from Westmeath region? I am in the top 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Got notice already that I passed my interview. Interview wasn't even a week ago! :eek:

Congratulations, that's a huge relief for ya! What number were you for Dublin? When did you do your stage 2 tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Whistles49 wrote:
    Hi Jsherlock, just wondering if you have heard anything from the Westmeath region?

Nothing yet, but I have been abroad for the last week!

alwaysadub wrote: »

Same as!! Had my interview thurs n found out today i passed, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Did my interview last Wednesday for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford and found out today I passed. Anyone know what happens now?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

dawn8585 wrote: »
    Same as!! Had my interview thurs n found out today i passed, delighted!

Congratulations, that's a huge relief for ya! What number were you for Dublin? When did you do your stage 2 tests?

archie199 wrote: »

I didnt have dublin. It was for longford, leitrim, sligo. Had stage 2 in april. Long wait!

How long have people waited after interview for an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

archie199 wrote: »

Thanks. I wasn't in the Dublin region. I did my stage 2 at the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bmac2015

Hi, I had call for reference checks for Donegal about 4 weeks ago. Anyone else heard anything more for Donegal region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

dawn8585 wrote: »
    I didnt have dublin. It was for longford, leitrim, sligo. Had stage 2 in april. Long wait!

How long have people waited after interview for an offer?

Hi Dawn8585, I had interview on June 30th & still waiting for an offer....I think it varies though!

Advertisement