Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Got word last night that I passed my interview for Carlow/Kilkenny that was on August 20th. Now hopefully they are as quick at reaching my number early 100's on the list.

I just had my TCO contract extended until November so would be nice if I got an offer in the meantime.

Well done to all who passed and now the waiting game continues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laura911

I got notified yesterday I have passed my interview for Sligo, Leitrim & Longford.

Also heard that some new clerical officers have started in HSE in Leitrim. Great to see movement and jobs being filled!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Got word last night that I passed my interview for Carlow/Kilkenny that was on August 20th. Now hopefully they are as quick at reaching my number early 100's on the list.

I just had my TCO contract extended until November so would be nice if I got an offer in the meantime.

Well done to all who passed and now the waiting game continues again.

Congrats on passing your interview & having your contract extended. Where are you working as a TCO? I am number 21 on the panel & still waiting for an official letter with offer, I hope things move quickly and you get your offer before November!

I am in Revenue. Hopefully things will start to move now alright, you have had your call for references and all though so should only be a matter of days or a week or 2 more of waiting.

All the best anyway hope you get your place ASAP

I am in Revenue. Hopefully things will start to move now alright, you have had your call for references and all though so should only be a matter of days or a week or 2 more of waiting.

All the best anyway hope you get your place ASAP

Yeah, I got a call from PAS over a week ago now to say that I was going to revenue & would have the letter in a week or so but still nothing. I emailed them earlier but they just said that there is no update on my placement! Are you in Revenue in Kilkenny? Is there any talk of when there are new co's starting? I would imagine they will move through the numbers fairly quickly as they only seem to interview when there are positions coming up. Are you hoping for Kilkenny or Carlow placement?

• Advertisement

lmdke wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a call from PAS over a week ago now to say that I was going to revenue & would have the letter in a week or so but still nothing. I emailed them earlier but they just said that there is no update on my placement! Are you in Revenue in Kilkenny? Is there any talk of when there are new co's starting? I would imagine they will move through the numbers fairly quickly as they only seem to interview when there are positions coming up. Are you hoping for Kilkenny or Carlow placement?

I am in Wexford in Revenue, but live in North Wexford, so Carlow would be ideal short commute with Kilkenny about 40 minutes drive which still would not be bad. Slightly less than the drive I have now.

I would imagine most of the jobs are in Kilkenny but I don't mind either way, would just be happy to be back in full time employment after more than a year out of work.

I know I am still a bit down the line ranking in the 100's but I imagine they have a fair idea of the amount of jobs coming up and would not call much more to interview than the amount of jobs available.

As I know an initial batch of about 30-40 were originally called for Carlow/Kilkenny who know seem to have received offers, and I was in the second batch of interview offers.

Ah well thanks for your help and fingers crossed, I will go enjoy my day off today and be happy going back to work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got my letter. I'm being assigned to the Department of Foreign Affairs. Was waiting ages for the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

I got my letter. I'm being assigned to the Department of Foreign Affairs. Was waiting ages for the letter.

When did you have your interview and references checked? What region are you in?

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    When did you have your interview and references checked? What region are you in?

I'm in the Dublin region. Had interview and references checked in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Great stuff JohnMearsheimer, really got the impression the wait was getting maddening for you - and completely understandable too. (Plenty of that to come for myself). How soon is your start date from getting your letter? And would it be specifically in the passport office you're getting assigned to?

• Advertisement

Congratulations JohnMearsheimer, you must be delighted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

At last. It's been a long time coming!! That's brilliant. Delighted for you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Delighted to log and see you finally got your placement 😊 best of luck with it 😊

Thanks everyone, I'm delighted :)
    Mr. A wrote: »
    Great stuff JohnMearsheimer, really got the impression the wait was getting maddening for you - and completely understandable too. (Plenty of that to come for myself). How soon is your start date from getting your letter? And would it be specifically in the passport office you're getting assigned to?

Ah ya a little alright but the wait is 90% over now. My letter didn't specifically say what part of the DFA I'm going to but I have passport office experience so I'd imagine I'll get put in one of the 2 offices in Dublin. I didn't get a start date yet. The letter said HR will be in touch about the contract, start date etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roc16

Thanks everyone, I'm delighted :)

Ah ya a little alright but the wait is 90% over now. My letter didn't specifically say what part of the DFA I'm going to but I have passport office experience so I'd imagine I'll get put in one of the 2 offices in Dublin. I didn't get a start date yet. The letter said HR will be in touch about the contract, start date ....

What number were you after the stage 2 results came out do you mind me asking?

roc16 wrote: »
    What number were you after the stage 2 results came out do you mind me asking?

I was in the 1000s.

I was in the 1000s.

I'm in the early 1100s, hopefully won't be waiting much longer for a position. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

Delighted to see u finally got your place congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Does anyone know any of the people that were called for westmeath / Offaly region

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

roc16 wrote: »
    I'm in the early 1100s, hopefully won't be waiting much longer for a position. Congrats.

Hi, did you get the results of your interview yet and were you waiting long to be notified of an interview after your stage 2 results? I got my stage 2 results for Dublin last week, I'm 1252 at the moment. Do you think I will be called soon?

• Advertisement

budget1984 wrote:
    Does anyone know any of the people that were called for westmeath / Offaly region

I think we are all still waiting to be placed! What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

budget1984 wrote: »

I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed a few weeks ago and they said that they were processing the top ten at the moment.

Has anyone heard anything about Roscommon/Mayo?

Whistles49 wrote:
    I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed a few weeks ago and they said that they were processing the top ten at the moment.

I am number 17 so hopefully they will move through them quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

I think we are all still waiting to be placed! What number are you?

hi im early teens. Called pas yesterday and they confirmed that they have contacted some of the panel. Seems it was only top 10.
    seems very small number

archie199 wrote: »
    Hi, did you get the results of your interview yet and were you waiting long to be notified of an interview after your stage 2 results? I got my stage 2 results for Dublin last week, I'm 1252 at the moment. Do you think I will be called soon?

I had my interview in July and passed. You should be interviewed in next month or 2 I'd imagine. Had my references checked 3 weeks ago and heard nothing since.

budget1984 wrote:
    hi im early teens. Called pas yesterday and they confirmed that they have contacted some of the panel. Seems it was only top 10.
    seems very small number

Yeah I hope it goes higher than that and that I get athlone so it was not all a big waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

Yeah I hope it goes higher than that and that I get athlone so it was not all a big waste of time!

I rang them about a week ago. They said there were 8 vacancies only! but that could change overnight as requests for staff come in.

I'm in the low 30s and they also told me 14 people were 'gone from the panel' in front of me. So together with the 8 being taken off to fill vacancies that puts me forward 22 places.

Podbrdo wrote:
    I rang them about a week ago. They said there were 8 vacancies only! but that could change overnight as requests for staff come in.

I'm in the low 30s and they also told me 14 people were 'gone from the panel' in front of me. So together with the 8 being taken off to fill vacancies that puts me forward 22 places.

8 vacancies seems very little for a region!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Koyoteugg

I'm awaiting getting a call for stage three the interview but wonder when and if this will happen at all! I placed 245 in limerick/Tipp after stage two results ,and they said they are currently placing 100-180.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

As far as I know no one has been called for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath yet. What number are you on the panel do you mind me asking, Im number 42.

Advertisement