Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jayk99

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Hi, I rang today and he said that there's just a few things to be done. He said if I don't get it by the weekend to ring back next week..
    Thanks! I'll let u know if I get my letter this week and I might ring up also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Anna1976 wrote:
    Only the first 10 have been called yet as far as I know. I'm also waiting, seems very slow compared to other regions.

Yes, it seems to be dragging on a bit. I am number 17 and beginning to feel like I won't even get a position.
    There has been no indication of when they hope to fill vacancies or even how many there will be. It would help if there was a was a bit more clarity in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Same as yourself, early 100s and passed interview. Am hoping they'll be as quick at placing us as they were with the interview results. Getting impatient in my job now I know I might have a new one! :)

I still haven't got my letter (ranked early 20's), they seem to be at a stand still in Kilkenny area. I hope they get moving very soon as my boss has already hired my replacement!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

lmdke wrote: »
    I still haven't got my letter (ranked early 20's), they seem to be at a stand still in Kilkenny area. I hope they get moving very soon as my boss has already hired my replacement!!!

Hope you hear soon Imdke when you waiting like that it very frustrating. Im early 50s myself interview July went through clearance heard nothing since. Seems like things at a standstill at moment alright

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

any update on cork? rough number of jobs left? what number are they up to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Askabout wrote: »
    I have been assigned to Revenue in Tralee, anyone know what to expect? Also, does anyone know what the training is like and the dress code, is it shirt and tie?

Askabout, do u mind me asking what was ur placing on the Kerry panel ?

Just got word that I am in clearance in one of my regions-not the region I wanted. It would mean a drive of 60-90 mins each way regardless of where I am offered. I was told I can turn an offer down and wait for my chosen region but there is no guarantee of any more places. I am number 17 in my chosen region and they have the first 10 in clearance-not sure what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Just got word that I am in clearance in one of my regions-not the region I wanted. It would mean a drive of 60-90 mins each way regardless of where I am offered. I was told I can turn an offer down and wait for my chosen region but there is no guarantee of any more places. I am number 17 in my chosen region and they have the first 10 in clearance-not sure what to do?

Do you mind me asking what area you were offered. Im 15 but heard nothing :(

budget1984 wrote:
    Do you mind me asking what area you were offered. Im 15 but heard nothing

I got an email to say I am in clearance in Leitrim/Longford/Sligo but I am 17 in Westmeath/Offaly/Laois so was hoping to get a position in or near athlone

I got an email to say I am in clearance in Leitrim/Longford/Sligo but I am 17 in Westmeath/Offaly/Laois so was hoping to get a position in or near athlone

What position are you in Leitrim/Longford/Sligo - this is the region I would love

• Advertisement

budget1984 wrote:
    What position are you in Leitrim/Longford/Sligo - this is the region I would love

I am number 28 in that region

I am number 28 in that region

I was 26 and heard nothing yet:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Askabout wrote: »
    I have been assigned to Revenue in Tralee, anyone know what to expect? Also, does anyone know what the training is like and the dress code, is it shirt and tie?

Shirt and tie would be quite unusual for a CO (or indeed an EO)- it depends on the office- but norm would be smart/casual- i.e. no t-shirts or clothing with brands on it- shirt and jeans etc would be fine.

The determining factor tends to be whether its a public facing role- or a back office position- if you're dealing with the public- you will be expected to be dressed smarter and less casual- whereas if you're back office- as long as you're dressed in an appropriate manner- pretty much anything goes.

budget1984 wrote:
    I was 26 and heard nothing yet

The only reason I heard was because I emailed to get an update! My boss is looking for my replacement at the moment so hope it moves a bit quicker now. Just not sure what to do about the regions

The only reason I heard was because I emailed to get an update! My boss is looking for my replacement at the moment so hope it moves a bit quicker now. Just not sure what to do about the regions

Jsherlock1, if my experience is anything to go by it could be a while yet anyway. I was told I was in the clearance process back in early July. I emailed them again today & was told that it could be another few weeks yet before I get the letter! The panel is open 'till June so if you are high up the list for the region you would like it might be worth waiting but always a risk !!

lmdke wrote:
    Jsherlock1, if my experience is anything to go by it could be a while yet anyway. I was told I was in the clearance process back in early July. I emailed them again today & was told that it could be another few weeks yet before I get the letter! The panel is open 'till June so if you are high up the list for the region you would like it might be worth waiting but always a risk !!

Yes that is what I was thinking but hope I don't tempt fate!
    Losing heart

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

jayk99 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll let u know if I get my letter this week and I might ring up also :)

Just got a call and starting Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Siobhan11

Idrive wrote: »
    So parking in Limerick city is a little bit of a nightmare which I didn't give too much thought to before.
    What are any of new people doing ?
    Starting in revenue in September and pricing the various car parks around.
    All my wages will be going to the creche and parking - eek
    Arthurs quay. The best for revenue. €15 weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Siobhan11 wrote: »
    Arthurs quay. The best for revenue. €15 weekly

It's says 18 on the website.
    Is that a special rate for revenue I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Yes that is what I was thinking but hope I don't tempt fate!
    Losing heart

I feel for you, its a tough situation to be in, very best of luck with your decision. Can I ask a question, when you talk about the clearance stage, do you mean they have checked your references? Do they phone you before they ring your referees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi,

Can anyone comfirm if they have heard from Laois/Offaly/westmeath or Roscommon/Mayo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Askabout

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Is that through the permanent comp? Did you have your interview last week? Didn't think they would have been offering positions that quick.

Interview in mid July. Yes, permanent

denmar wrote: »
    Askabout, do u mind me asking what was ur placing on the Kerry panel ?

Was offered position through the Irish stream for

Can anyone give me some insight into the training process for Revenue? How long is it and is it very tough? Supposed to start on Mon but still undecided as pay is not great and I am taking a step back from area I am qualified in.

Anna1976 wrote:
    I feel for you, its a tough situation to be in, very best of luck with your decision. Can I ask a question, when you talk about the clearance stage, do you mean they have checked your references? Do they phone you before they ring your referees?

They are awaiting confirmation of Garda clearance then reference check so it will be a while yet!

Does anyone know how much notice you are allowed to give your current employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I would imagine most people have to give a months notice, and I'm sure they would know and understand that.

Anna1976 wrote:
    I would imagine most people have to give a months notice, and I'm sure they would know and understand that.

I am covering maternity leave until January and was wondering if I will be allowed to give 2-3 months notice if I get an offer in the coming weeks. My boss is having difficulty getting anyone for 3 months and I was hoping I could stay to finish my contract

I asked PAS that question & they said "Most government departments will give a month’s grace to candidates that are taking up employment"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ask. When I was joining the civil service I was contractually obligated to give 3 months notice to my then current employer. PAS almost had connuptions when I told them this- but when I forwarded them my work contract from my current job- they kept the post open for me- and all was fine.

Advertisement