Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Question for anyone who has got their start date - how long were you waiting from receiving the letter to getting your start date? how much notice were you given from getting the start date to actually starting? Got my letter last Friday but no phone call with a start date yet & I am just wondering how long it might be till I hear when I am starting & how much notice I should dive my employer!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

budget1984 wrote:
    Just got call about reference checks for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region.
    I think there are 20 positions between these 3 areas.

So we may not even get an offer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Bmac2015 wrote: »
    Hi, I had call for reference checks for Donegal about 4 weeks ago. Anyone else heard anything more for Donegal region?

I got called at the end of July re references but they haven't contacted my boss yet. Do you know if your references were called? My boss is asking me every week when I'm going and has already reduced my hours!

CBGirl wrote: »
    I got called at the end of July re references but they haven't contacted my boss yet. Do you know if your references were called? My boss is asking me every week when I'm going and has already reduced my hours!

CBGirl, I know how you feel, it is very frustrating. I had my reference call on the 9th of July & only got my letter on the 4th of September & still no start date - my boss has severely reduced my hours as they have already hired my replacement !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    So we may not even get an offer!!!

When she said 20 positions I said "Oh Im 26 so I wont receive a position"
    She said that I was assigned to a position and would get a letter shortly.

She couldn't give me any more info.

we'll wait and see -- not too hopeful to be honest

• Advertisement

budget1984 wrote:

Yeah I'm not holding my breath with anything really

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Teaforme

budget1984 wrote: »

I'm in the 20's and had a reference check call too. Do they do garda vetting before or after ringing references. No one has phoned my boss yet.

Which region are you all hoping to get, and did she say where the 20 positions were located, any idea at all?

Teaforme wrote:
    I'm in the 20's and had a reference check call too. Do they do garda vetting before or after ringing references. No one has phoned my boss yet.

Which region are you all hoping to get, and did she say where the 20 positions were located, any idea at all?

No idea. I am hoping to get as close to athlone as possible so I'm not aure I will accept anything in that region-it depends on location. The Garda vetting process started following the interview because that was when we submitted the form

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bmac2015

Just found out that they called my current boss yesterday

When you receive an offer how long do you have to accept or refuse it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Just got call about reference checks for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region.
    I think there are 20 positions between these 3 areas.

Did they mention if this is the total they are taking on at the moment or may there be more positions? Did they tell you where you might get a post? I am 68 for this region so not expecting a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Just wondering does anyone have any update on the Laois/Offaly/Westmeath area? Also what email address or phone number are ye using to get more information from PAS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mamabear

Just wanted to let people know that I've just had a call to check references for the Waterford/Wexford area (I'm in the top 10). It's a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Did they mention if this is the total they are taking on at the moment or may there be more positions? Did they tell you where you might get a post? I am 68 for this region so not expecting a call!

they didnt say much. To be honest I dont think they know much and are waiting on confirmation about positions.
    I got a call for reference checks yesterday. they called my employer within 10mins and called me back then to confirm that all was good.
    They were passing my file onto next stage and I would receive a letter in due course.
    Im 26 so not sure how many people they called. Its all very vague and the waiting game is dreadful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Really disappointed in the lack of transparency and speed with this recruitment process. Seems pretty pointless applying unless you're prepared to work in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Teaforme

they didnt say much. To be honest I dont think they know much and are waiting on confirmation about positions.
    I got a call for reference checks yesterday. they called my employer within 10mins and called me back then to confirm that all was good.
    They were passing my file onto next stage and I would receive a letter in due course.
    Im 26 so not sure how many people they called. Its all very vague and the waiting game is dreadful!!

Are you based in Leitrim, Longford or Sligo? I wonder will we be matched with our locations, hope so! Though I don't think my references have been called yet since they called me about it, everyone seems to a slighty different experience!

Thanks for that, hopefully I hear the same soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi just wondering if anyone has heard from Roscommon region? Thanks

Did you get a letter yet? I got one today assigning me to social protection but boss still hasn't been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Starting in sarsfield house on Monday how's everyone finding it that already started? Do we get training or are we thrown in at the deep end?? What's working hours like? Nerves are setting in I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bmac2015

Did you get a letter yet? I got one today assigning me to social protection but boss still hasn't been called.

Yep got one today too but don't know where yet, hope it's Letterkenny

Yep got one today too but don't know where yet, hope it's Letterkenny

I'm hoping for LK too although I heard most jobs are in Buncrana. Hopefully it won't be too long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

Starting in sarsfield house on Monday how's everyone finding it that already started? Do we get training or are we thrown in at the deep end?? What's working hours like? Nerves are setting in I think

Lovely place to work. Of course you will be trainef.

to

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I just got an invite to interview on Wednesday, I'm in the Cork region. I'm awaiting a yes/no for a job I interviewed for earlier in the week, hopefully I'll know tomorrow. These things always come together!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I just got an invite to interview on Wednesday, I'm in the Cork region. I'm awaiting a yes/no for a job I interviewed for earlier in the week, hopefully I'll know tomorrow. These things always come together!

What number are you if you don't mind me asking? Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Got assignment letter with start date to follow as soon as garda vetting done. Am home and dry!

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Got assignment letter with start date to follow as soon as garda vetting done. Am home and dry!

Congrats vonshirach, thats great news, the wait is over. Where are you off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

hi, can i ask what number roughly you were please

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I'm in the early 130s..... hopefully it all goes well! The process is very slow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Literally just got my invitation to interview 10 minutes ago it's next Friday! Beyond excited

Edit: Cork region middle 140s

Advertisement