Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

I'm in same position mid 200's in Lmk/Tipp waiting in hope of getting an interview! Wonder will they ever get to our numbers ! It seems that when people do get called for interview they only get 1 WK notice max?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bonker2015

Hi All

I got a call on friday 11th sept and offered a 6 month contact for revenue in Ennis anyone else out there get the call??

Anyone there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Bonker2015 wrote:
    Hi All

I got a call on friday 11th sept and offered a 6 month contact for revenue in Ennis anyone else out there get the call??

Anyone there already?

Is that length of contract common?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Is that length of contract common?

I would imagine he's just in the wrong thread. That's a tco contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

cdsb46 wrote: »
    I'm just 30 places behind you, gah me nerves really hope the interview comes soon, I'm TCO at the moment in DFA, would love to be made permanent... those annoyed about how long it takes, 28k applied for these jobs and they aren't bad in comparison to some other organisations, I've been in a recruitment process for 2 years now to get on to a panel

Keep the head up. I was a TCO in the DFA for a year and I've recently been made permanent. There's another 9 months in the competition yet so I'd say you will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Hi there. Has anyone apart from the first ten been contacted about references or positions in the Donegal region? I have passed the interview .

Does anyone where the jobs will be in Longford/Leitrim/Sligo?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its a reasonable assumption that with excesses of staff in various locations at present- any new staff would be in Longford itself (esp. Prison Service) and Carrick-on-Shannon (DSP). Recruitment though is at minimal levels thus far- so keep your powder dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I imagine the pensions office on College Rd in Sligo would be taking on a few anyways, not sure about Longford/Leitrim though.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Its a reasonable assumption that with excesses of staff in various locations at present- any new staff would be in Longford itself (esp. Prison Service) and Carrick-on-Shannon (DSP). Recruitment though is at minimal levels thus far- so keep your powder dry.

I hope you are right about Longford. Do you reckon they will take on many there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Padge1987

I am on the Waterford/Wexford panel really loosing any hope of ever getting a call even to the second sitting test ... So slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rainy27

Hi,

Can anyone give me any information on Revenue Training in Galway? How long is the training, what it involves etc.?
    Thanks so much!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

budget1984 wrote: »
    I hope you are right about Longford. Do you reckon they will take on many there?

Its hard to call how many staff would be taken anywhere. Theres a few vacancies in Prisons from what I know, not too sure about social welfare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cmap

Hi there. Has anyone apart from the first ten been contacted about references or positions in the Donegal region? I have passed the interview .

Hi, I am in top 30. Also, passed interview about 2 weeks ago but I have heard nothing else since!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi just wondering was anybody else offered Education in Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Whistles49 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering was anybody else offered Education in Westmeath?

Yes I was yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Got my start date yday, Oct 5th!

Lulucas wrote: »
    Yes I was yesterday...

Well done - can I ask what position you were?

I'm still waiting for a letter-hopefully soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

Just to let people know the time frame for me re Waterford/Wexford panel (I know a lot of people are asking this and it seems to differ a lot between regions).

I sat my 2nd aptitude test 20/2/2015 and got results 4 weeks later. Did my interview 19/8/2015 and got results a week later (I'm in the top 5). Got a call for reference check on 9/9/2015, my boss called them back on the 11/9/2015 and I've heard nothing since.

It is an agonising wait but impossible to guess what the time frame will be as some regions seem to be moving quite quickly whilst others barely at all. I would have thought Wexford would have been quicker given the population density and large public service presence in the county but there you go. I've seen hardly anything from Waterford/Wexford on this board so hopefully this information will help somebody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

budget1984 wrote: »
    Well done - can I ask what position you were?

I was 43.. It's a bit far for me.. I'm holding out for something closer to home. Had to say no (sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cmap

CBGirl wrote: »
    Got my start date yday, Oct 5th!

Congratulations CBGirl! Where did u get posted, if u don't mind me asking?

Lulucas wrote: »
    I was 43.. It's a bit far for me.. I'm holding out for something closer to home. Had to say no (sad face)

Hopefully you will be lucky. the waiting game is a killer. I was 15 for westmeath but heard nothing. My boss was contacted last week but nothing since.
    Really don't know what way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

cmap wrote: »
    Congratulations CBGirl! Where did u get posted, if u don't mind me asking?

Buncrana, which is awkward as I live in Letterkenny & don't drive but I'll work it out!

budget1984 wrote:
    Hopefully you will be lucky. the waiting game is a killer. I was 15 for westmeath but heard nothing. My boss was contacted last week but nothing since.
    Really don't know what way it works.

I am number 17, heard nothing yet-it's hard to work out how the process works! Boss hasn't even been contacted yet

I am number 17, heard nothing yet-it's hard to work out how the process works! Boss hasn't even been contacted yet

yeah I dont understand how they are working it. My boss was contacted last Wednesday but heard nothing since. When I ring PAS they dont really give out much info. The wait continues...
    just like to know one way or another.

budget1984 wrote:
    yeah I dont understand how they are working it. My boss was contacted last Wednesday but heard nothing since. When I ring PAS they dont really give out much info. The wait continues...
    just like to know one way or another.

Same here-I get generic answers when I ring and it's frustrating when because people further down the list have gotten offers

Where are you hoping to get budget1984?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I am number 42 on the panel for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. Yesterday I got a call from PAS saying there are positions coming up in Athlone and would I be interested. My heart sank because I was told that if you turn a position down you are taken off the panel, but I couldn't accept because it would be an hour commute which I could not afford. I explained this to the lady and asked was I now being taken off the panel, she said no. I asked would I be waiting much longer for another offer, she said they are waiting for positions to be confirmed. Did any else get a similar call?

• Advertisement

Where are you hoping to get budget1984?

would love Longford but not too hopeful on that front either. second choice would be Athlone. Dont understand how people further down have been offered Athlone. Doesnt seem to be fair especially if we dont end up with somewhere suitable.

Advertisement