Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Anna1976 wrote: »
    I am number 42 on the panel for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. Yesterday I got a call from PAS saying there are positions coming up in Athlone and would I be interested. My heart sank because I was told that if you turn a position down you are taken off the panel, but I couldn't accept because it would be an hour commute which I could not afford. I explained this to the lady and asked was I now being taken off the panel, she said no. I asked would I be waiting much longer for another offer, she said they are waiting for positions to be confirmed. Did any else get a similar call?

Hi Anna

My call was the same. I called back to see if I was taking off the panel for this area also and she said no as she was just seen who was interested. Pls god we won't be to long waiting for something else

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Lulucas wrote: »
    Hi Anna

My call was the same. I called back to see if I was taking off the panel for this area also and she said no as she was just seen who was interested. Pls god we won't be to long waiting for something else

Hopefully they are finally taking into consideration people's preferential areas. This would make more sense, rather than having people turn jobs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bmac2015

CBGirl wrote: »
    Buncrana, which is awkward as I live in Letterkenny & don't drive but I'll work it out!

I got buncrana as well but prob gonna have to turn it down as it doesn't suit. Does anyone know if you turn down an offer are you removed from the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

svei wrote: »
    Just to let people know the time frame for me re Waterford/Wexford panel (I know a lot of people are asking this and it seems to differ a lot between regions).

I sat my 2nd aptitude test 20/2/2015 and got results 4 weeks later. Did my interview 19/8/2015 and got results a week later (I'm in the top 5). Got a call for reference check on 9/9/2015, my boss called them back on the 11/9/2015 and I've heard nothing since.

It is an agonising wait but impossible to guess what the time frame will be as some regions seem to be moving quite quickly whilst others barely at all. I would have thought Wexford would have been quicker given the population density and large public service presence in the county but there you go. I've seen hardly anything from Waterford/Wexford on this board so hopefully this information will help somebody!

Hi just wondering how high were you placed originally? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

I contacted PAS to ask when I am likely to receive an assignment letter given that people lower on the panel have been contacted and it seems that because I was contacted about a different region first and subsequently pulled out of that region, that my order of merit for my chosen region is now somewhat irrelevant. They have said they will be in touch to start clearance for my chosen region but clearance was done for the other region already,Surely that can't be right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

Hi just wondering how high were you placed originally? Thanks

How do you mean? After the first round of aptitude tests? I was placed no 29 after the first (unsupervised) round, then in the top 5 after the second round of aptitude tests. Like everybody else, I've kept my placement from the aptitude tests - interview was just pass or fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    I contacted PAS to ask when I am likely to receive an assignment letter given that people lower on the panel have been contacted and it seems that because I was contacted about a different region first and subsequently pulled out of that region, that my order of merit for my chosen region is now somewhat irrelevant. They have said they will be in touch to start clearance for my chosen region but clearance was done for the other region already,Surely that can't be right!

that does not sound right. Were you offered a position already?

I called PAS this afternoon about the fact the people lower on the panel had been contacted. She didn't really answer my question. was very vague.:mad:

How do you mean? After the first round of aptitude tests? I was placed no 29 after the first (unsupervised) round, then in the top 5 after the second round of aptitude tests. Like everybody else, I've kept my placement from the aptitude tests - interview was just pass or fail.

Meant after first round. I have gone through everything and been offered a job for Carlow / Kilkenny (which I turned down). I was just trying to figure out how far they have gotten to for Waterford / Wexford. Thanks for letting me know, seems to be going very slow.

Meant after first round. I have gone through everything and been offered a job for Carlow / Kilkenny (which I turned down). I was just trying to figure out how far they have gotten to for Waterford / Wexford. Thanks for letting me know, seems to be going very slow.

I agree, VERY slow. Where are you on the panel if I may ask? Best of luck and I hope you hear something soon.

I agree, VERY slow. Where are you on the panel if I may ask? Best of luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Originally 154 for Waterford / Wexford so really don't think they will get to me. Was originally 117 for Carlow / Kilkenny, but moved up to 24 after second stage testing. Waterford City only place that wouls make sense for me to take position, that is why i turned diwn Kilkenny. Good luck wherever you are posted.

• Advertisement

Originally 154 for Waterford / Wexford so really don't think they will get to me. Was originally 117 for Carlow / Kilkenny, but moved up to 24 after second stage testing. Waterford City only place that wouls make sense for me to take position, that is why i turned diwn Kilkenny. Good luck wherever you are posted.

Thanks mquinmullally, I hope we both get word soon! I'm hoping for Wexford, not Waterford, so with any luck there'll be others like me so you'll be moved up on the Waterford list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

I just got called for interview for next wed 23rd for Cork region and I was no.217 after stage 2. Only problem is I was hoping for Limerick so if I turn down this interview will I loose chances of getting interview for Lmk - I am placed no.245 for Lmk and last I heard they were up to placing no.180 there! Delighted to get an interview but if only twas for Limerick!!!Any responses greatly appreciated,tks all :-)

kats4ever wrote: »
    I just got called for interview for next wed 23rd for Cork region and I was no.217 after stage 2. Only problem is I was hoping for Limerick so if I turn down this interview will I loose chances of getting interview for Lmk - I am placed no.245 for Lmk and last I heard they were up to placing no.180 there! Delighted to get an interview but if only twas for Limerick!!!Any responses greatly appreciated,tks all :-)

As far as I'm aware the interview will cover all areas you've applied for . So if you pass the interview but turn down Cork, you should still be in the running for Limerick.

budget1984 wrote:
    that does not sound right. Were you offered a position already?

I called PAS this afternoon about the fact the people lower on the panel had been contacted. She didn't really answer my question. was very vague.

She rang me afterwards and said that when I pulled out of Sligo region, my clearance was stopped and has now started for Westmeath region and that I could expect an assignment letter in the next couples of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

As far as I'm aware the interview will cover all areas you've applied for . So if you pass the interview but turn down Cork, you should still be in the running for Limerick.
    Thanks for reply :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Teaforme

She rang me afterwards and said that when I pulled out of Sligo region, my clearance was stopped and has now started for Westmeath region and that I could expect an assignment letter in the next couples of weeks

Were you offered a position in the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region? Whereabouts? Good luck with Westmeath :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

kats4ever wrote: »
    I'm in same position mid 200's in Lmk/Tipp waiting in hope of getting an interview! Wonder will they ever get to our numbers ! It seems that when people do get called for interview they only get 1 WK notice max?

Spoke too soon Kats. Got called today. 1 weeks notice for interview. Much sooner than I had anticipated :-) Did you hear anything?

Teaforme wrote:
    region? Whereabouts? Good luck with Westmeath :-)
    Teaforme wrote:
    Were you offered a position in the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region? Whereabouts? Good luck with Westmeath :-)

No I decided before I got the letter to pull out because I knew no matter where I was offered it would be too far

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

cdsb46 wrote: »
    I'm just 30 places behind you, gah me nerves really hope the interview comes soon, I'm TCO at the moment in DFA, would love to be made permanent... those annoyed about how long it takes, 28k applied for these jobs and they aren't bad in comparison to some other organisations, I've been in a recruitment process for 2 years now to get on to a panel

I'm sure you'll be called soon. They're getting through the numbers really quickly now. I have my interview in the morning! Any last minute tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Bmac2015 wrote: »
    I got buncrana as well but prob gonna have to turn it down as it doesn't suit. Does anyone know if you turn down an offer are you removed from the panel?

I think that's supposed to be the case but some people seem to have been lucky & kept on it when they explained their reasons. Speaking to ones in the LK office, they think all d LK vacancies are being filled by people transferring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

I'm 230's after stage 2 in limerick. Interview next week in Dublin. Just a week's notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Got an email today, my interview is on Wednesday (so nervous) have to say from reading the posts here, the gap between exam results and interview seems to be becoming smaller, it is exactly a month since I got my results :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

pepper61 wrote: »
    I'm 230's after stage 2 in limerick. Interview next week in Dublin. Just a week's notice.

Same as. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

No I decided before I got the letter to pull out because I knew no matter where I was offered it would be too far

Do you know what they mean by clearance. I was offered nothing yet. Im no 15 for westmeath and yet others way down the panel are been offered. When I called yesterday all she said that my file was in clearance?? :confused:

budget1984 wrote:
    Do you know what they mean by clearance. I was offered nothing yet. Im no 15 for westmeath and yet others way down the panel are been offered. When I called yesterday all she said that my file was in clearance??

From what I was told it is ensuring they have Garda clearance, references and a letter from dsp if you have had a claim within the past 12 months in your file

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

Interview in Dublin Thursday, i was no. 207 on panel for Limerick Tipp. very nervous now. wasnt expecting it to be so soon

Just wanted to say best of luck to everybody with the interview. I don't know if you've been reading this thread for a while but there are a lot of tips for the interview in it. I downloaded a document on competency based interviews from the University of Limerick (just google those words, I can't paste links yet - too few posts) and found it very helpful. They won't ask you those exact questions but it gets you into the right mind frame. Make sure you've really studied the competencies that were given to you and have your answers ready for all of them. Any gaps in your CV will need to be explained also.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Bring or book to read. I've been waiting for nearly two hours. My nerves are grand but I can't get rid of my bitch face from having to wait so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Bring or book to read. I've been waiting for nearly two hours. My nerves are grand but I can't get rid of my bitch face from having to wait so long.

2 hours for your interview?! They were very punctual when I had mine, there was a few of us waiting and we were all called at the exact time. That's very strange. And annoying!

• Advertisement

I'm also surprised you had to wait so long, I was maybe waiting 10 minutes for mine. Has somebody been to check on you?

Advertisement