Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

alwaysadub wrote: »
    2 hours for your interview?! They were very punctual when I had mine, there was a few of us waiting and we were all called at the exact time. That's very strange. And annoying!

Turns out they made a scheduling conflict :L could work to my advantage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just got a email, have a second stage sit down exam in October for CO position, was placed around 3000 in 2014 never thought I'd hear from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

Bear85 wrote: »
    Spoke too soon Kats. Got called today. 1 weeks notice for interview. Much sooner than I had anticipated :-) Did you hear anything?

That's great news bear happy days ! Ya I got called for interview yesterday for next wed so under a wks notice !!!!I ain't complaining but only thing is its for the Cork region! Interviews arghhhhhh!!!!! Hope ur interview goes well, is urs for Lmk/Tipp region?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

I had to wait almost two hours this morning as well, long wait! I met a lovely girl from Cavan who was very chatty but apart from that hardly anyone was speaking to each other which made the wait more anxious! Reasonably happy with it, just a waiting game again now. You need to know your competencies and use good examples from work/college, etc. Also, be prepared for random questions in relation to what you wrote on your application form. They asked me at the end of the interview why did I like travelling, what do I do to relax and why did I want a role in the public service. Best of luck to ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I got called to 2nd stage for Dublin today. I was 3301 on the list. Nice surprise to be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Does anyone know the average timeframe between the exam and an interview if successful. Are we talking a few weeks or 6 months etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Has anyone heard anything from the Roscommon/Mayo regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Does anyone know the average timeframe between the exam and an interview if successful. Are we talking a few weeks or 6 months etc?

I think it varies but I sat stage 2 at the end of June, received my results mid-August and just had my interview this week.

I got my exam results 8 weeks after sitting it had my interview 4 weeks after that but the average time frame seems to be 2 months after exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Any one know if there are positions going in Cork at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I found out earlier in the week that I passed the interview, I was surprised. I wonder where people are being placed in Cork though??

I found out earlier in the week that I passed the interview, I was surprised. I wonder where people are being placed in Cork though??

How long were you waiting? And in Cork people seem to going to cso in Mahon, the exchange in town and revenue in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I had my interview Wednesday and got a message saying I passed the interview on Friday afternoon. I was told it would be two weeks so I thought it was a message to say I hadn't passed!

I hope your interview went well after all the waiting!!
    Thanks for the info:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

It really seems to depend on the region. I got my stage 2 results in April but didn't get called for interview until August (Waterford/Wexford). So 6 months wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Anyone have an idea what departments the dublin jobs are in roughly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what departments the dublin jobs are in roughly

Most departments have a presence in Dublin so it would be hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Has many people been offered positions in Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Have an interview in Dublin on Thursday. I got the results of the second test on the 18th of August wasn't expecting to be called so quick! I was placed 1312 after the 2nd test

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

budget1984 wrote: »
    Has many people been offered positions in Athlone?

When I got the phone call last week, it wasn't an official offer of a position. The lady said they were just phoning to see how many people might be interested. As far as I can see they are still calling people in rotation, because I have not been contacted about my references or garda clearance yet. Maybe they are just trying to avoid the situation of people turning down positions after they have gone spent time checking references etc, and I think that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Anna1976 wrote:
    When I got the phone call last week, it wasn't an official offer of a position. The lady said they were just phoning to see how many people might be interested. As far as I can see they are still calling people in rotation, because I have not been contacted about my references or garda clearance yet. Maybe they are just trying to avoid the situation of people turning down positions after they have gone spent time checking references etc, and I think that makes sense.

What number are you? Trying to get an idea of how many jobs they have for athlobe

• Advertisement

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    What number are you? Trying to get an idea of how many jobs they have for athlobe

I'm number 42. Are you hoping for Athlone and have they phoned you about reference checks yet?

Anna1976 wrote:
    I'm number 42. Are you hoping for Athlone and have they phoned you about reference checks yet?

I am in clearance and they are doing references at the moment -I'm number 17 but got no phone call to ask about athlone which is the location I really want so starting to wonder how they are doing it at all! Would love to know where I am going but don't mind when I start

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Re: Longford Leitrim Sligo
    I was talking to a girl who works in the Civil Service in this area and she heard during the week that there are 30 new positions being offered to new recruits in Carrick on Shannon. Seemingly people in Civil Service who have transfer requests in are not being considered so there are a few disgruntled staff in there but I wondering if anyone has been offered anything yet in this area

I am in clearance and they are doing references at the moment -I'm number 17 but got no phone call to ask about athlone which is the location I really want so starting to wonder how they are doing it at all! Would love to know where I am going but don't mind when I start

As far as I can make out there are only positions in Athlone at the moment. I asked how long I might be waiting to hear about a position and she said no other positions had been confirmed yet. So if you are at the reference check stage hopefully you will be in line for one of the positions in Athlone, and I am hoping by the time they get to my number all the positions in Athlone will be filled and I will get Portlaoise or Tullamore.

Anna1976 wrote:
    As far as I can make out there are only positions in Athlone at the moment. I asked how long I might be waiting to hear about a position and she said no other positions had been confirmed yet. So if you are at the reference check stage hopefully you will be in line for one of the positions in Athlone, and I am hoping by the time they get to my number all the positions in Athlone will be filled and I will get Portlaoise or Tullamore.

I am hoping I will know where I am getting in the next couple of weeks, don't mind when I start then but would like some indication of placement soon

I am hoping I will know where I am getting in the next couple of weeks, don't mind when I start then but would like some indication of placement soon

Yes I feel the same, waiting and wondering where you will be offered is very hard. Keep us updated if you get an offer, and fingers crossed it will be Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Have many more been called to stage 2 tests for KK/Carlow, Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Limerick/Tipp? I ranked early 300 for KK/Carlow 400 Laois/Offaly and mid 500 for Limerick/Tipp in stage 1 tests. Is there any hope of being called to the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

connectq wrote: »
    Have many more been called to stage 2 tests for KK/Carlow, Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Limerick/Tipp? I ranked early 300 for KK/Carlow 400 Laois/Offaly and mid 500 for Limerick/Tipp in stage 1 tests. Is there any hope of being called to the next stage?

I was 117 for Carlow / Kilkenny and was called for second stage testing April or May time. Hope that helps

Really hoping for a letter for Westmeath this week-only a few weeks left in work now and the process is dragging so much now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Orlsheen wrote: »
    Re: Longford Leitrim Sligo
    I was talking to a girl who works in the Civil Service in this area and she heard during the week that there are 30 new positions being offered to new recruits in Carrick on Shannon. Seemingly people in Civil Service who have transfer requests in are not being considered so there are a few disgruntled staff in there but I wondering if anyone has been offered anything yet in this area

Social Welfare have their identity HQ in Carrick on Shannon. It's likely them.

Advertisement