Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

Anyone know if there are more interviews coming up for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neddytom

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are more interviews coming up for Limerick?

I have an interview tomorrow for Limerick/Tipperary....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Has anyone got any updates on the Westmeath/Laois/Offaly region?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any updates on the Westmeath/Laois/Offaly region?

going to ring them tomorrow to see what the craic is. I'm in low 30s and had a call last week asking if I'm interested in Athlone. Does this mean I'm in the checking references stage?

neddytom wrote: »
    I have an interview tomorrow for Limerick/Tipperary....

Oh nice one. Hope that's not the end of them. Did you get much notice? And good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 neddytom

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    Oh nice one. Hope that's not the end of them. Did you get much notice? And good luck

Not much notice, I think last Thursday I got the message. I was placed 198. From reading this thread they have just finished placing the 100-180's. So moving along, slowly but moving at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

anyone who has had their interview, do you get a phone call or just a message on publicjobs.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

theaxel132 wrote: »
    anyone who has had their interview, do you get a phone call or just a message on publicjobs.ie?

You get a message on public jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Thanks for the tip John.

So I'm putting out the call - if anyone on here is in revenue, would you be able to PM me the HR email address please? All I can offer in exchange is my gratitude :)

does anyone here have an email address for hr in revenue to send of the verification form to be filled for incremental credit Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Has anyone who passed their interview last month for Carlow/ Kilkenny been called for references? Hoping there's a bit of movement, really want out of this job!

• Advertisement

neddytom wrote: »
    Not much notice, I think last Thursday I got the message. I was placed 198. From reading this thread they have just finished placing the 100-180's. So moving along, slowly but moving at least...

Yes indeed. Moving is good. Hope I'm called. Did interview go well for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Interview this morning so nervous!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

kitty3kids wrote: »
    Interview this morning so nervous!!!!

Best of luck today kitty3kids - you'll be fine! They are very nice and good at putting you at ease so don't worry. I have to say, I've done two interviews for the public service so far and they have been the most professional interviews I've ever done (and I've done my fair share of interviews!). You really feel that everybody gets a fair chance.

Make sure you have studied the competencies well and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Just out of the interview now. Think I did ok with the four competencies. The man and women interviewing were really nice. They said I should get a message to my public jobs profile in about 5 days telling me if I was successful or not!

That's great kitty3kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

After you are told on the boards that you passed the interview how long is it normally before they contact references, and then offer a job? roughly

After you are told on the boards that you passed the interview how long is it normally before they contact references, and then offer a job? roughly

It varies a lot theaxel132, depending on region. For me (Waterford/Wexford) it took 2 weeks after interview results until they contacted my references. It's now two further weeks down the line and I've heard nothing.

I've read elsewhere on this thread that some people are contacted days after passing the interview and receive job offer within a couple of weeks. I've been trying to figure out how long I have to wait for an offer and I THINK that perhaps 4-5 weeks after reference check is about average - but again, it's hard to say. Best thing is probably to search for your region on this thread to see what the story is.

All the other regions seem to be moving much faster than Waterford/Wexford - it's maddening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Did the Dublin interview last Friday (18th). I thought it went well but that's neither here nor there. Has anyone heard back from them yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

How long does it normally take for contract to be sent? Got my start date over a week ago for 5th oct but no contract yet. Is it sent by post or email usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Did the Dublin interview last Friday (18th). I thought it went well but that's neither here nor there. Has anyone heard back from them yet ?

I did my interview last Friday morning too, reasonably happy with it.
    Hopefully hear back tomorrow or early next week, I'm 1252 in the rankings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ Grand. Not just me then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

So I did my interview yesterday and today got an email confirming that I passed ðŸ˜႒, anyone have any idea what number they are placing in Dublin?

cdsb46 wrote: »
    So I did my interview yesterday and today got an email confirming that I passed ðŸ˜႒, anyone have any idea what number they are placing in Dublin?

Congrats! Did my interview a week ago and still haven't heard back yet. Where are you in the rankings? I think they're placing near enough to 1200 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

archie199 wrote: »
    Congrats! Did my interview a week ago and still haven't heard back yet. Where are you in the rankings? I think they're placing near enough to 1200 at the moment

Thanks, I'm placed around 1280, I'm currently a TCO in DFA would love if I got to stay here :-)

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm placed around 1280, I'm currently a TCO in DFA would love if I got to stay here :-)

That would be ideal for you! I'm 1252, you will probably get an offer before the end of the year. I'm working in Limerick but would happily take the job in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

archie199 wrote: »

Didn't hear back from mine for a good few months.

Patience is the game.

I did the exams almost 2 years ago and only started a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It seems to vary widely, got my results a month ago but haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

I also did my interview yesterday and heard this afternoon that I had passed! Happy days! I'm 217 in Cork and 245 in Lmk but really hope to get Lmk! Best of luck to all d rest :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Hey guys just wondering what number they have reached for Carlow/Kilkenny for job offers pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Lulucas wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering what number they have reached for Carlow/Kilkenny for job offers pls

Hi Lulucas, I was 21 for Carlow/KK and I am starting on Oct 12th. I don't know how many more have been offered places. What number are you?

Advertisement