Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

Had my interview for Limerick/Tipp today. Don't think it went too well. I got caught out on the first competency, not that i couldn't answer the questions but i didn't really understand what she was asking, and it seemed as if she kept asking the same question in different ways. i could give examples of everything she asked me but i don't they were the answers she wanted. Apparently i had a lot on the application form and don't think this went down well either. Anyway, best of luck to the rest of ye, i just hope they put me outta my misery soon so i can get on with it and look for something else

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

lmdke wrote: »
    Hi Lulucas, I was 21 for Carlow/KK and I am starting on Oct 12th. I don't know how many more have been offered places. What number are you?

That's great congrats. I'm a bit away from that (80s). Can I ask where u were assigned to

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Lulucas wrote: »
    That's great congrats. I'm a bit away from that (80s). Can I ask where u were assigned to[/QUOTE

Hi Lulucas, I got Revenue in Kilkenny

That's great congrats. I'm a bit away from that (80s). Can I ask where u were assigned to[/QUOTE

Hi Lulucas, I got Revenue in Kilkenny

Deadly I was TCO there 3 years ago loved it.. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EDDARD STARK

Hello all, just a quick question.

I am a qualified secondary school teacher and am looking to join the CS.

1) Is this possible?

2)How?

Thanks for any advice

• Advertisement

Deadly I was TCO there 3 years ago loved it.. Best of luck

Thanks Lulucas, its great to hear positive feedback as I don't know anyone thats ever worked there. Can you tell me if there is staff car parking onsite? What is the dress code like? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't had anyone to ask!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Hello all, just a quick question.

I am a qualified secondary school teacher and am looking to join the CS.

1) Is this possible?

2)How?

Thanks for any advice

Register on publicjobs.ie They will send you emails of recruitment campaigns and you can apply if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Just a quick Q. What's the pay like if you get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

When assigned to your Department, does Garda clearance take a while? (Only thing holding up my start date now). :) Was 1120 in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Thanks Lulucas, its great to hear positive feedback as I don't know anyone thats ever worked there. Can you tell me if there is staff car parking onsite? What is the dress code like? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't had anyone to ask!!!

Ye parking on site. Dress code is very casual. They were all really nice and friendly. You will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Does anyone know how often clerical officers get paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how often clerical officers get paid?

Weekly for CO's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

astradave wrote: »
    Weekly for CO's

Think it must depend on where you work.. I'm fortnightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Think it must depend on where you work.. I'm fortnightly.

It probably does, the majority of CO's would be on weekly wages. They have been trying to put them to monthly wage now for a while but the unions are against the way that they want it to be done.

Personally I'd prefer a monthly wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm paid weekly and I'd like to keep it that way. I was paid monthly in a previous job and I hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Does anyone know roughly how long d wait is from when you receive letter of assignment til u get start date

budget1984 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long d wait is from when you receive letter of assignment til u get start date

I got a phone call with start date exactly a week after receiving the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

lmdke wrote:
    I got a phone call with start date exactly a week after receiving the letter.

Did they give you much notice for the start date?

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Did they give you much notice for the start date?

A month - Got call on Sept 11th & starting on Oct 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

It's been a week since I did my interview and haven't heard anything yet. Not concerned but rather annoyed and am thinking I should ring up and ask, especially considering that they forgot me in the interviews and had me waiting 2 hours. Might ring them Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

It's been a week since I did my interview and haven't heard anything yet. Not concerned but rather annoyed and am thinking I should ring up and ask, especially considering that they forgot me in the interviews and had me waiting 2 hours. Might ring them Tuesday.

I did my interview last Friday too, still haven't heard anything. Just have to be patient I guess! Some people got results a day or two laters and others had to wait two weeks. We should hear by next Friday... My interview was two hours late too as they double booked loads of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Has anybody who did interviews last Friday the 18th for Dublin heard anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nope. Did mine last Friday too (the 18th and for Dublin). Seems about 4 or 5 of us on here were interviewed around then as well. No word back yet either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

archie199 wrote: »
    I did my interview last Friday too, still haven't heard anything. Just have to be patient I guess! Some people got results a day or two laters and others had to wait two weeks. We should hear by next Friday... My interview was two hours late too as they double booked loads of people.

Sound for that - I'll leave them alone so

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Still you would think they would inform people in chronlogical order of their interview date. Seems those who interviewed this Wednesday were informed the following day. Perhaps you were unlucky and have an overworked or inefficient person dealing with Friday's results! Don't see any harm in ringing them next week if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Divisadero wrote: »
    Still you would think they would inform people in chronlogical order of their interview date. Seems those who interviewed this Wednesday were informed the following day. Perhaps you were unlucky and have an overworked or inefficient person dealing with Friday's results! Don't see any harm in ringing them next week if you wish.

The longer this campaign goes on the more workload PAS have so inevitability longer the process will take!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

A fairly general statement. Regardless I'm not sure you have read the detail in the posts concerning those interviewed this Wednesday vs those interviewed last Friday. Anyway for those affected it's a choice between wait and see or phone/e-mail and request an update. I don't see anything wrong with either option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Divisadero wrote: »
    A fairly general statement. Regardless I'm not sure you have read the detail in the posts concerning those interviewed this Wednesday vs those interviewed last Friday. Anyway for those affected it's a choice between wait and see or phone/e-mail and request an update. I don't see anything wrong with either option.

I have. Just giving my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

A month - Got call on Sept 11th & starting on Oct 12th.

Have you got your contract/starting details yet? I'm due to start on 5th but had no contact since being told that.

Advertisement