Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

CBGirl wrote: »
    Have you got your contract/starting details yet? I'm due to start on 5th but had no contact since being told that.

I got my contract less than a week before I started so wouldn't worry about that to much

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

CBGirl wrote: »
    Have you got your contract/starting details yet? I'm due to start on 5th but had no contact since being told that.

I got my contract a week after the phone call but it seems to vary as others were waiting a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I'm strongly considering passing on the 2nd round invite. Only started a new job last month and they are willing to pay for me to do the QFA even though the role is only a 1 year contract. Very strong possibility of been kept on after the contract ends. The role pays better and offers the same perks like flexi time and term time. The location I'm in is perfect also.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering passing on the 2nd round invite. Only started a new job last month and they are willing to pay for me to do the QFA even though the role is only a 1 year contract. Very strong possibility of been kept on after the contract ends. The role pays better and offers the same perks like flexi time and term time. The location I'm in is perfect also.

Well, i guess if you're happy with what you have got, then good for you. I don't think they'd pay for your QFA thingy not to keep you on afterwards (what employer gives away money for nothing!) Still, there'd be no harm attending, because it could take 2 months to get the results of Stage 2, and then another 1-6 months to get called for interview.

Anyway, best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

rsl1976 wrote: »

Well, i guess if you're happy with what you have got, then good for you. I don't think they'd pay for your QFA thingy not to keep you on afterwards (what employer gives away money for nothing!) Still, there'd be no harm attending, because it could take 2 months to get the results of Stage 2, and then another 1-6 months to get called for interview, and who knows what might happen in that time?

Anyway, best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Advertisement

Anyone get a result for Stage 3 yet for Limerick and Tpp, that sat the interviews last week? I'd really like to know one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

hi does anyone know what's the next step after receiving letter of assignment.
    I have to give my employer 4 weeks notice so hope this wont be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Anyone get a result for Stage 3 yet for Limerick and Tpp, that sat the interviews last week? I'd really like to know one way or another

Nothing here yet from the Dublin interviews the week before. Indeed, even a PFO would be welcome at this point. They should hire new staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Nothing here yet from the Dublin interviews the week before. Indeed, even a PFO would be welcome at this point. They should hire new staff.

But they would have to interview them first...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Anything more from Waterford/wexford anyone offered a position yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Did the sample tests on link in CO doc download, as people know they are the same questions each time you do it, anyone know where their are more sample questions especially numeracy ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Did the sample tests on link in CO doc download, as people know they are the same questions each time you do it, anyone know where their are more sample questions especially numeracy ones?

If you google numerical aptitude tests you will find loads of sites to practice on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Divisadero wrote: »
    But they would have to interview them first...

Competencies to include:

Ability to make decisions.

Ability to send an e-mail.

Experience in use of smoke signals or postage stamps is desired but not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Has anyone else been assigned to state exams commission? And how long after assignment letter do you get your start date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been assigned to state exams commission? And how long after assignment letter do you get your start date?

There's no one answer to that. It varies depending on departmental needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Got called forward for stage two, now in the year and a half since I did stage one I have gotten another job and they wont give me the day off to attend. Will they reschedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 anonyms

Does anyone who completed the revenue training in Dublin know what the Mount Street hours tend to be? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

so whats the highest number placing we have for Cork so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

TheRoyce wrote: »
    so whats the highest number placing we have for Cork so far?

they're at around 450 for Cork , I'm waiting in the mid 600's with a year left so not much hope

so what do we do if we're on a panel for an area, but they're already placing people at a higher number than you?

• Advertisement

you'll need to explain that further, people behind you in the panel are being called ahead of you?

sorry, I meant that i'm in the early 200's and you say that they're already placing people at around 450. How does that work?

I rang & thats where the lady said the panel was.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

For any one that is already in their new position can u tell me how many days annual leave u get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Has anyone from the Louth/Meath area had a call regarding references after stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

hi does anybody know what number they are at in Dublin?
    i'm waiting to hear about a stage 3 interview

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cos67

Any idea how many people are starting in Revenue in Kilkenny on 12th October?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

sorry, I meant that i'm in the early 200's and you say that they're already placing people at around 450. How does that work?

Back in mid-August when I received my results for stage 2 the notification for Cork said they were placing those from numbers 80 to 109 in positions. You could try phoning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

They might be calling people up to 450 for stage 2 in Cork but that doesn't mean they're being placed. A guy I work with was in the 120's and was placed (ie. assigned to a department) about a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

anonyms wrote:
    Does anyone who completed the revenue training in Dublin know what the Mount Street hours tend to be? Thanks 😊

9-5pm in Mount Street, 9.30-5.30pm in D'Olier Street

Advertisement