Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

Well i got my result and i'm passed so i am truly delighted. Just have to hope my place is reached. They're already after placing up to 180, and i'm 207 so fingers crossed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Friday the 18th results are out. It's a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Well done to all who passed their interview. You are on the panel 'proper' now!

Divisadero wrote: »
    Well done to all who passed their interview. You are on the panel 'proper' now!

Whats the next stage now, do they write to you to offer you a position, or check references or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Whats the next stage now, do they write to you to offer you a position, or check references or what?

Check references, then once your place is reached offer you positions

• Advertisement

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Check references, then once your place is reached offer you positions

One more question. I assume they'll contact you first to check references?? Especially in current job?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

One more question. I assume they'll contact you first to check references?? Especially in current job?

Yes, They always contact you before contacting your current employer

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Passed interview for Dublin too! I'm 1252 so hopefully won't have to wait too long. I really want to leave this job in Limerick. Congrats to everyone who passed today, it's a long road!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

cos67 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was offered last Friday morning, accepted in the afternoon and contract by email on Friday evening, so very rush job!

Great - see you there!! Did they tell you anything about dress code or parking? I wonder will we get much training!

Anna1976 wrote: »
    The HSE in Portlaoise had an ad in the local paper this week for Clerical Officers. It seems crazy to me that they would recruit separately when there is a panel already there that they could choose from. Such waste of time and money.

Hi Anna, what paper was that in? I know someone who might be interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Well i got my result and i'm passed so i am truly delighted. Just have to hope my place is reached. They're already after placing up to 180, and i'm 207 so fingers crossed :-)

Are you going for limerick/tipp ?
    I just started in revenue this week and was placed just after 185 :)
    Best of luck - hope you get called soon

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

I passed the interview for lmk/tipp also. I am in 230's and hoping to get limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cos67

lmdke wrote: »
    Great - see you there!! Did they tell you anything about dress code or parking? I wonder will we get much training!

I was told there would be more info in letter I would get on Monday but only thing it said was starting time is at half nine. Full time during training. Didn't give finish time or how long training is for. Someone told me there is parking but not sure.

I was told there would be more info in letter I would get on Monday but only thing it said was starting time is at half nine. Full time during training. Didn't give finish time or how long training is for. Someone told me there is parking but not sure.

Yeah, my letter was the same. Just start at 9.30 on the 12th but no other info.

Idrive wrote: »
    Are you going for limerick/tipp ?
    I just started in revenue this week and was placed just after 185 :)
    Best of luck - hope you get called soon

Ya Limk/Tipp. Revenue is a great place to work, had tow RCO contracts there. Would love to get something soon as doing a Jobbridge and i've 5 weeks left. Would be great to have a job to go to before Xmas! Here's hoping. Obviously i'd like Limerick, but have no problem going to Tipp. Just glad i'm in the running

Ya Limk/Tipp. Revenue is a great place to work, had tow RCO contracts there. Would love to get something soon as doing a Jobbridge and i've 5 weeks left. Would be great to have a job to go to before Xmas! Here's hoping. Obviously i'd like Limerick, but have no problem going to Tipp. Just glad i'm in the running

Two TCO contracts, my typing is abysmal this morning. Must be Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cos67

lmdke wrote: »
    Yeah, my letter was the same. Just start at 9.30 on the 12th but no other info.

I emailed lady who sent contract. She said training lasting til Easter. Probably 9 to 5 with half hour for lunch. Training much longer than I thought but at least we'll know what we're doing at the end!

Lads just got a missed call and when i googled the number it came up as Revenue Commissioners in Dublin Castle. Tried to ring it back but its engaged. Any reason they would be ringing me? Surely it couldnt be moving this fast? Would PAS not ring you? Or do the relevant departments ring you if theres a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

A dedicated Revenue recruitment section rang me to offer me my position in Revenue Dublin.

Danielle D wrote: »
    A dedicated Revenue recruitment section rang me to offer me my position in Revenue Dublin.

Me too Starting in Limerick on 9th November in Revenue

• Advertisement

Danielle D wrote: »

But did PAS or Revenue not contact you first to let you know they would be contacting your references?

Edit: Ignore the above Danielle as it crossed with Vegas Girl's most recent post.

Me too Starting in Limerick on 9th November in Revenue

Congrats.

Divisadero wrote: »
    But did PAS or Revenue not contact you first to let you know they would be contacting your references?

Edit: Ignore the above Danielle as it crossed with Vegas Girl's most recent post.

Nope, they said theres a letter in the post and i think ive to bring my references on the day. I was overly excited, so have to wait for the email and letter to explain things further!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

PAS contacted me late yesterday asking me to forward on my Social Welfare details. Not a problem except for the bloody postal strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

Yay. Interview in Dublin for Limk/Tipp next week. Any top tips?

Nope, they said theres a letter in the post and i think ive to bring my references on the day. I was overly excited, so have to wait for the email and letter to explain things further!

No probs. They are obviously rushing to get people started. It has worked out well for you!

Am I correct in thinking that all or most of the jobs in the Limerick/Tipp region have been in Revenue in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Orlsheen wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Longford or Carrick but I'm in the 60's so not expecting to get a call for a while yet

Going from posts here, 20 already assigned to social welfare Longford, & seemingly there are 30 positions in Carrick.. Odds are u could be called sooner than you think :)

I emailed lady who sent contract. She said training lasting til Easter. Probably 9 to 5 with half hour for lunch. Training much longer than I thought but at least we'll know what we're doing at the end!

Wow, that is alot of training - we will be experts. Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    Yay. Interview in Dublin for Limk/Tipp next week. Any top tips?

Go through the list of competencies and have examples ready for all of them. Also try and relate the competencies in the form. Makes life easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Orlsheen wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Longford or Carrick but I'm in the 60's so not expecting to get a call for a while yet

Me too ... I'm 68 for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford... Have you heard anything yet as to where they are at with the panel?

Advertisement