Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

archie199 wrote: »
    My references were contacted this morning, this is moving very fast! 1252 for Dublin.

Wohoo, I'm so close, the waiting (although not really that long is killing me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hioy

Maybe a daft question.... Are all of the Dublin civil service positions based in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Hioy wrote: »
    Maybe a daft question.... Are all of the Dublin civil service positions based in the city centre?

Not necessarily, if you got social protection it could be any office in Dublin (apparently Maynooth falls into this) if you got passport office it could be Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Hioy wrote: »
    Archie199- Did your referees let you know, or did public jobs get in touch to let you know they would be contacting your references ? I'm not far behind you on the list - would be great to get a position soon!

They rang me first this morning and then rang my references straight away. I never told my current employer so they got a shock! I didn't think they'd be contacted so soon. I really hope I'm not called until after Christmas. I'm away on holidays from Novemeber 16th until December 16th. I'm allowed defer it ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cwcmc

Anyone starting in Limerick Revenue on 9th of November heard anything from PAS yet by email?

I am, i hope! I've heard nothing via email or post, just phonecall asking to start on the 9th. Were your references contacted? I'm not sure if mine were and the lady i spoke to never mentioned them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Just spoke to PAS today on the phone they have reached number 75 so far for reference checks etc for Carlow/Kilkenny and in the 20's for Waterford/Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just spoke to PAS today on the phone they have reached number 75 so far for reference checks etc for Carlow/Kilkenny and in the 20's for Waterford/Wexford.

They were at 65 last week so they're doing about 10 a week. If they keep going the way they're going might hear something by the end of the month. Hopefully

alwaysadub wrote: »
    They were at 65 last week so they're doing about 10 a week. If they keep going the way they're going might hear something by the end of the month. Hopefully

Yeah it would be nice if they keep going at that rate hopefully it does not slow down and grind to a halt before it gets to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

cwcmc wrote: »
    I am, i hope! I've heard nothing via email or post, just phonecall asking to start on the 9th. Were your references contacted? I'm not sure if mine were and the lady i spoke to never mentioned them

No she told me bring my references with me on the day i think, other than that that is all ive heard. she said tehres a letter in teh post, but sure trust AN Post to be on strike! Hopefully hear something soon, glad to know i am not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Miss Understood

references were checked last Friday, Dublin region, and had letter in post today assigning me to dept of children and youth affairs. Start date and location to follow.

Anyone any idea where these positions may be based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Has anyone had reference checks for Louth/Meath?

references were checked last Friday, Dublin region, and had letter in post today assigning me to dept of children and youth affairs. Start date and location to follow.

Anyone any idea where these positions may be based?

Congratulations! That's quick, what number were you? That sounds like an interesting job, I presume you'll be based in Dublin 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Miss Understood

Congratulations! That's quick, what number were you? That sounds like an interesting job, I presume you'll be based in Dublin 4?

1239. I initially assumed it would be D4, but given that TUSLA, adoption authority and others are under their umberella I was unsure as to where it may be. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Folks.Help needed. I did the original campaign last Oct I think it was. I got a high placing for my areas in west of Ireland. Got called for test in Dublin back in April. I missed the test as my father was very Ill & passed away over the course of that month. I never got to check emails . Contacted office then in May to explain what had happened & they placed me on the next round due to genuine excuse. I have now being called for temp clerical officer role in Abbey street next week. 1st question can anyone give me an idea of questions that come up please ? Never worked in public service before so I have not a clue 2nd question -does this mean I won't be considered for perm roles now ? Or is there potential to move to permanent role if I take the temp contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi All
    Ive been called for interview next week for stage 3. Can anyone give me an idea of what the answer and also can someone please tell me what is the difference between the Civil and Public service . I cant find it any where.. thanks in advance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

speedygirl wrote: »
    Folks.Help needed. I did the original campaign last Oct I think it was. I got a high placing for my areas in west of Ireland. Got called for test in Dublin back in April. I missed the test as my father was very Ill & passed away over the course of that month. I never got to check emails . Contacted office then in May to explain what had happened & they placed me on the next round due to genuine excuse. I have now being called for temp clerical officer role in Abbey street next week. 1st question can anyone give me an idea of questions that come up please ? Never worked in public service before so I have not a clue 2nd question -does this mean I won't be considered for perm roles now ? Or is there potential to move to permanent role if I take the temp contract ?

Have you applied for both permanent CO and TCO?

You can't be made made permanent from a TCO competition. You will need to go through the permanent CO recruitment process for that.

If your interview is for TCO it will be very easy. It's more of a chat really. Rating your IT skills, can you use photocopier etc

1239. I initially assumed it would be D4, but given that TUSLA, adoption authority and others are under their umberella I was unsure as to where it may be. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

It's hard to know until they give you the official location and starting date. Do you think it'll be long again before you're contacted in relation to your starting date?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

So after over 14 months of hoop jumping, finally getting a CO job from the panel, and a month of work, today is finally pay day and... Nothing. There's nothing in my account. In fact, I'm not even set up on the payroll system because the HR people haven't finished processing my files. Any advice on how to expedite this? It's under the HSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

So after over 14 months of hoop jumping, finally getting a CO job from the panel, and a month of work, today is finally pay day and... Nothing. There's nothing in my account. In fact, I'm not even set up on the payroll system because the HR people haven't finished processing my files. Any advice on how to expedite this? It's under the HSE.
    That does not surprise me!! Contact H.R and your payroll dept and demand a special payment be transferred to your account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

Anyone who has started in Sarsfield House in Limerick already tell us what the work is like so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

deseil wrote:
    That does not surprise me!! Contact H.R and your payroll dept and demand a special payment be transferred to your account today.

That's what I'm thinking. Do you know of any legislation I can throw at them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

Did you get a copy of your contract or terms of employment? You should have.
    It should state about payments in this.

I would contact payroll and explain the situation first thing this morning, it sounds like a H.R problem but payroll are the ones who can fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

As somebody else said, this does not surprise me. My husband works for the HSE and in his previous area everything worked fine, never any issues with payroll, but now he's working in a different HSE area (more rural) and there are always mistakes... I'm not sure what you can do other than contact payroll and ask (demand?) them fix it now. They should be able to do a separate pay run in an emergency situation like this. I could understand if your tax situation wasn't sorted yet and you were put on emergency tax for your first pay, but to not be paid at all?? Doesn't make sense...

Just bear in mind, anybody who is hoping for Wexford that is, that there are no vacancies in Wexford for the foreseeable future. I was offered a part-time position in Wexford last week but I rang around and finally in the HSE I got lucky and they told me they had one full-time position that hadn't gone to PAS yet for filling. So I'm hanging on waiting for that to go through (a very anxious wait as I turned down the part-time positions!)... All the jobs were in Waterford, Social protection and the court services were what I was told last week. I was in the top 5 for Waterford/Wexford and first in line for a job in Wexford (I think), so anybody wanting Wexford, I'm afraid it's going to be a bit of a wait...

svei wrote: »
    Just bear in mind, anybody who is hoping for Wexford that is, that there are no vacancies in Wexford for the foreseeable future. I was offered a part-time position in Wexford last week but I rang around and finally in the HSE I got lucky and they told me they had one full-time position that hadn't gone to PAS yet for filling. So I'm hanging on waiting for that to go through (a very anxious wait as I turned down the part-time positions!)... All the jobs were in Waterford, Social protection and the court services were what I was told last week. I was in the top 5 for Waterford/Wexford and first in line for a job in Wexford (I think), so anybody wanting Wexford, I'm afraid it's going to be a bit of a wait...

I heard Wexford had not applied to PAS with any positions alright, very strange given the amount of departments in the county, but I live near bunclody so carlow/kilkenny is not a bad commute probably closer than some areas of wexford and waterford would be my least preferable option.

I would say for carlow/kilkenny it is the same with very few jobs in carlow and majority in kilkenny

Anyone already in Revenue in Limerick, how are we paid? Is it weekly fortnightly or monthly or what? When i was a TCO i was paid weekly, with no week in hand to work. Should i be squirreling away money now to tide me over? Starting 9th November

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

lmdke wrote: »
    I heard that someone in the early 80's has been offered a position, you should give PAS a call to see where exactly they are at with the panel as they must be getting near you at this stage!

Are you talking about Carlow/Kilkenny or Laois/Offaly??

I heard Wexford had not applied to PAS with any positions alright, very strange given the amount of departments in the county, but I live near bunclody so carlow/kilkenny is not a bad commute probably closer than some areas of wexford and waterford would be my least preferable option.

I would say for carlow/kilkenny it is the same with very few jobs in carlow and majority in kilkenny

You're working in Revenue in Wexford on a TCO contract, am I right? I had heard (a few months ago from people working in Revenue) that there would be a few vacancies there due to a number of retirements but that doesn't seem to be the case... Last week I rang Revenue, Social Protection, and HSE to see about vacancies. Social Protection said they were crying out for staff but were not allowed to request any (they were a bit put out that Waterford were getting staff).

If you live near Bunclody Carlow would probably be better than Wexford alright, fingers crossed that things start to move there too!

Anyone already in Revenue in Limerick, how are we paid? Is it weekly fortnightly or monthly or what? When i was a TCO i was paid weekly, with no week in hand to work. Should i be squirreling away money now to tide me over? Starting 9th November

You will get paid weekly. Have you over a years TCO experience? If you have you'll be on the second payscale which means you'll get around €365 a week net pay. Do you know what department you're in?

• Advertisement

You will get paid weekly. Have you over a years TCO experience? If you have you'll be on the second payscale which means you'll get around €365 a week net pay. Do you know what department you're in?

No, just twenty weeks experience is all over two summers. Ah sure, twil be grand, just when i saw another poster worked for a month and got no wages i thought we had to work a month in hand. Don't know which section of Revenue i'm going to . Have experience in the debt management section but not sure where they'll put me

Advertisement