Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

kats4ever wrote: »
    Hi, yes I have passed the interview stage and waiting to get placed in Limerick.I have heard nothing yet! I'm number 245 for Limerick/Tipp and 217 for Cork but Limerick is my pref!

How long have you been waiting since passing your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

When i was last talking to PAS they said the were around the 80 mark.

Your best option is to ring 01 8587400 and ask to speak to somebody about the CO competition and they will transfer you, and just tell them what region you are and ask where they are up to on the list after the interview stage for assigning people.

If you do contact them can you post up the current status thanks.

Hey
    Thanks for you reply. So I called PAS this morning and the lady said they was still a few ahead of me but she could not tell me how many ?? She actually didn't really say much (sad face) I asked if that region was moving slow or it was quick and she said kind of slow enough ??

Still none the wiser...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lulucas wrote: »
    Hey
    Thanks for you reply. So I called PAS this morning and the lady said they was still a few ahead of me but she could not tell me how many ?? She actually didn't really say much (sad face) I asked if that region was moving slow or it was quick and she said kind of slow enough ??

Still none the wiser...

Friend of mine just got called for stage 2 tests for Carlow/ Kilkenny, not sure what number they are but I'm hoping it means there's a lot of jobs coming up if they are still calling people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

Rang PAS this morn re: Limerick/Tipp. Was told 462 have been called for stage 2 so far and more should be called within next 1-2 months. 250 called to interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Hi all, can anyone who has started tell me how long it takes to get your first pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I believe its end of week two and weekly thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone who has started tell me how long it takes to get your first pay?

I got mine my first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I got mine my first week.

Just in case, I'd check with Payroll.
    With me, pay is fortnightly, and paid in arrears, so it was a month before I got paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Hey Archie, congrats on the job offer, can i just check when you got your reference check? I'm not too far off your number and got referenced checked this week, wondering how long I'll have to wait :)

Thank you! My references were checked on October 6th and I got a job offer on October 15th, so I just had to wait 9 days. You won't have to wait long! Do you think I can defer it for long? Should I contact PAS or the HSE directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Does anyone know what the Christmas arrangements are in dept of education usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting since passing your interview?
    I have been waiting now for about a month to get a position since finding out I passed the interview stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

I have been waiting now for about a month to get a position since finding out I passed the interview stage!

What region and position are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

I think I can top that! I've been waiting 8 weeks since passing my interview (Wexford region) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

svei wrote: »
    I think I can top that! I've been waiting 8 weeks since passing my interview (Wexford region) :(

It's 12 weeks today since I got word I passed the interview. (Laois region) Each region is different, some moving very quickly, others moving so slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

Nice one thanks. Hopefully not too long more for you.

What region and position are you at?
    Its been a month since i got word i passed the interview stage,no word yet on a job offer and Im 217 for Cork and 245 for Lmk/Tipp! Hoping for Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mitchells33

Its been a month since i got word i passed the interview stage,no word yet on a job offer and Im 217 for Cork and 245 for Lmk/Tipp! Hoping for Limerick!

Have you been rang about references yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Does anyone know how many positions have been offered in Donegal so far??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hioy

Does anyone know what number they are at now in Dublin? I thought I would have heard something by now. I passed the interview in September!

• Advertisement

Hioy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what number they are at now in Dublin? I thought I would have heard something by now. I passed the interview in September!

I passed the interview too and got results the 1st of October. Got offered a position in Loughlinstown, not sure if I will accept it. I'm 1252 for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hioy

I'm about 50 places behind you so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Loughlinstown is a bit out, but you can always apply to work elsewhere after your probation. Why not give it a couple of months and see how you get on. I think it would be worth it in the long run. Best of luck whatever you decide archie199

Hioy wrote: »
    I'm about 50 places behind you so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Loughlinstown is a bit out, but you can always apply to work elsewhere after your probation. Why not give it a couple of months and see how you get on. I think it would be worth it in the long run. Best of luck whatever you decide archie199

Cheers, same to yourself! You will hear something very soon I would say. Hopefully I can get a house not too far from Dublin City...
    Will stick it out and see what it's like. Be grand to start in the new year!

Have you been rang about references yet?
    No, I think from reading posts on here they don't start contacting your references until you get offered a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

No, I think from reading posts on here they don't start contacting your references until you get offered a position.

They ring references first. I had my references checked last week but have yet to have an offer.

They ring references first. I had my references checked last week but have yet to have an offer.

Oh right I didn't realise that! Did they contact your current employer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

Hi does anybody know what number they have called for interview from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Same situation, Archie99 took 9 days from reference check to being offered a job, do you mind me asking what number you are? (I'm 1288 in Dublin)

Oh right I didn't realise that! Did they contact your current employer ?

They contacted pass employers. They rang me beforehand to ask if they could talk to my references and if they was any problems. I said work away and then they rang just one.

• Advertisement

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Same situation, Archie99 took 9 days from reference check to being offered a job, do you mind me asking what number you are? (I'm 1288 in Dublin)

Don't mind at all. I'm 128 in cork, around that anyway.

Advertisement