Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Hi folks. Sat stage 2 today. Just like stage 1 numerical was a tough one. I'm just wondering how quick things are moving in Dublin in regards to moving through numbers on the outside chance that I am successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Hi U2fanatic,

Best of luck with the results, hopefully things keep moving in Dublin.

I haven't sat stage two yet, would you mind telling me what position you where after stage 1. I was hoping to get called for stage two but I've nothing to date.

Thanks and best of luck again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rhodod

Hi Po

sat part 2 today, I was 3600 after part 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Hi po.. I was in the 3300 bracket..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Does anyone know when the next CO competition wilI be? I was unsuccessful for the last one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Does anyone know when the next CO competition wilI be? I was unsuccessful for the last one

It won't be until after summer 2016 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Thanks for that ! Hopefully I'll get through the next time

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

It won't be until after summer 2016 at least.

Did you actually hear that John? Just asking as they won't necessarily wait until the current panel expires in May/June before commencing the next competition. In fact they could be caught short if they do due to the length of the hiring process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Divisadero wrote: »
    Did you actually hear that John? Just asking as they won't necessarily wait until the current panel expires in May/June before commencing the next competition. In fact they could be caught short if they do due to the length of the hiring process.

Haven't heard it directly but I have worked in the HR section of a government department. I was told there that CO panels generally have a lifespan of 2 years.

I'm just going on that. I suppose nobody really knows when the next CO competition will be held. I'm guessing they will assess staffing levels next year and the public finances and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Yes the panel lasts two years but if the public finances hold up I would put my money on a new competition in the first few months of next year if not before. That way they will have a panel up and running continously if needed. The timing is just speculation on my part by the way. But I can't see them waiting until the current panel expires before starting a new comp or they will have no new staff available if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

How long do you have to wait for results of the stage two supervised exams? I took the exams on Wednesday and I'm just wondering how long it takes to get the results? What is the subject line does it read invitation to stage 3 or does it read stage 2 results? I'm nervous about getting the results as the exams didn't go well for me fingers crossed I'll pass

I did exam Tuesday last week, they said results would be out in mid december.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

I did exam Tuesday last week, they said results would be out in mid december.

How was stage 2 folks ? Any tips. I'm dreading it. I have it next week. Have sick 4 month old & sleep deprived :-(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Christmas arrangements are in dept of education usually?

Christmas Eve is a normal day- however, normally you'd only be there for a few hours- depending on the office there may be a family day- where you bring your children to work with you.

This year- Christmas Day is on a Friday- which obviously you get off- however, you get the next working day off in lieu of Stephen's Day- which falls on a weekend (i.e. Monday the 28th).

Office is open as normal on Tuesday the 29th/Wed 30th/Thurs 31st- for full days.

Closed on Friday 1st of Jan- reopening as normal on Monday the 4th.......

Week of Tue 29th/Wed 30th/Thurs 31st - most sections are skeleton crewed- and generally there is an agreement that most people would get 2 of the 3 days off. It depends on the office- but usually- priority for time off is given to those with young children.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

Just found out I passed the Interview Stage. How do they generally contact people re job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    Just found out I passed the Interview Stage. How do they generally contact people re job offer?

First of all, congrats. What location? Well Revenue called me directly for a position in Limerick/Tipp . Someone on here said that they ring you to okay a reference check and once your references check out, they offer you a position once one arises

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

They'll contact you in order to check your references (in my experience they do this after garda vetting and when there are jobs available in your region). After that you wait for a phone call with a job offer. My references were checked 8 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a job offer - but that's because I'm on the Waterford/Wexford panel and I turned down Waterford in order to wait for a Wexford job.

First of all, congrats. What location? Well Revenue called me directly for a position in Limerick/Tipp . Someone on here said that they ring you to okay a reference check and once your references check out, they offer you a position once one arises
    I'm Limerick/Tipp too. How long did that take for you? Are you started already in Revenue?

svei wrote: »
    They'll contact you in order to check your references (in my experience they do this after garda vetting and when there are jobs available in your region). After that you wait for a phone call with a job offer. My references were checked 8 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a job offer - but that's because I'm on the Waterford/Wexford panel and I turned down Waterford in order to wait for a Wexford job.
    Thanks. I'm Limerick so not sure how fast that's moving job wise. I hope Wexford turns up soon for you. There's been so much waiting.

I'm Limerick/Tipp too. How long did that take for you? Are you started already in Revenue?

I got interview results on the Thursday and got the offer on the friday evening. Starting 9th November

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

Thanks. I'm Limerick so not sure how fast that's moving job wise. I hope Wexford turns up soon for you. There's been so much waiting.

Thanks - I'm slowly dying inside from all the waiting :(. Although on a positive note, I rang Revenue, Social Welfare and the HSE to enquire about vacancies and was told that there is one in the HSE which hadn't been sent in yet so I'm just waiting for that to be released. Hopefully that'll go through in the next couple of weeks!

Best of luck, and hopefully you won't be waiting too long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

Congrats. Fair play to you.

I got the notification too, passed for the Dublin region. A waiting game now.

I got interview results on the Thursday and got the offer on the friday evening. Starting 9th November

Oh wow that was super quick. Well apart from having applied in June 2014!
    Good luck with it. Do you know what you'll be doing in there?

svei wrote: »
    Thanks - I'm slowly dying inside from all the waiting :(. Although on a positive note, I rang Revenue, Social Welfare and the HSE to enquire about vacancies and was told that there is one in the HSE which hadn't been sent in yet so I'm just waiting for that to be released. Hopefully that'll go through in the next couple of weeks!

Best of luck, and hopefully you won't be waiting too long :)

Oh I really hope that comes through for you. I was so nervous for the interview I didn't think I'd pass. Fingers crossed all round so

Royal82 wrote: »
    Congrats. Fair play to you.

I got the notification too, passed for the Dublin region. A waiting game now.

It's been all about the waiting hasn't it. Fingers crossed it all pays off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

How did you get garda clearance, reference checked and an offer in 24 hours?

Not directed at me I know but I filled out Garda clearance forms at the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I believe you are hired with Garda vetting pending, if there are skeletons in the closet then its tough luck and goodbye. Employment contract will state as much.

They must be in a hurry to get people started in there. Garda clearance is pending

Oh wow that was super quick. Well apart from having applied in June 2014!
    Good luck with it. Do you know what you'll be doing in there?

No haven't a clue, i heard theyre setting up new units so god only knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Received my letter today, got the department of foreign affairs & trade, absolutely delira, only took 10 days from being reference checked :D

Advertisement