Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Received my letter today, got the department of foreign affairs & trade, absolutely delira, only took 10 days from being reference checked :D

That's brilliant - well done! Things really seem to be moving fast in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I had my references checked on Tuesday and work has gotten very awkward. My manager asked me this morning to ring and demand to know when I'll be placed so they can figure when to hire someone. Surely that's the point of a notice period?? And would PAS even know how long it would be?

Any help would be appreciated! I feel totally ambushed after everything this morning!

I had my references checked on Tuesday and work has gotten very awkward. My manager asked me this morning to ring and demand to know when I'll be placed so they can figure when to hire someone. Surely that's the point of a notice period?? And would PAS even know how long it would be?

Any help would be appreciated! I feel totally ambushed after everything this morning!

I know how you feel, I had my references checked 6 weeks ago and still no job offer (but I'm in the Wexford region which isn't moving at all). My boss keeps asking me when I'm leaving too but tbh there's nothing PAS can do, when they've reached your position they'll contact you. I would think the same as you re notice period but, in my case at least, I know my boss is hassling me just to make me feel bad (he's like that). He likes to tell me on a daily basis that I've ruined everything for him by leaving etc. etc. I got upset at the start but now I just don't answer him anymore... :(

I would imagine PAS don't know anything about how long you'll be waiting, although you could ring them to find out where on the panel they've reached so far. If you're in Dublin, Cork, or Limerick I'd say you shouldn't be waiting long - I get the impression things are moving quite quickly there?

I'm in Cork so hopefully I won't be waiting too long. I just couldn't believe when she said it to me this morning, I tried to explain to her that they wouldn't know but she just didn't listen. I feel like she wants me gone as soon as possible so she can get started with the new person.

I might ring them and ask where they are in the process, it might help me! Thanks:-)

No worris paintinglasses, PAS are generally very helpful I've found - if they know anything they'll tell you :)

• Advertisement

Just rang them, they are lovely! Very helpful, he said I should hear within 2 weeks. So I just have to keep my head down at work and hope I survive!! Thanks again:-)

There ya go so! At least you know now you don't have long to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Just rang them, they are lovely! Very helpful, he said I should hear within 2 weeks. So I just have to keep my head down at work and hope I survive!! Thanks again:-)

Good news. Don't let that so and so of a boss grind you down! Would you mind letting us know (roughly) what number you are for Cork?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

No haven't a clue, i heard theyre setting up new units so god only knows

Sounds busy so. All good. Good luck .

No problem, I'm in the early 130s! (I can't figure out how to quote on my phone, sorry!) I had my interview mid September. Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

svei wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I had my references checked 6 weeks ago and still no job offer (but I'm in the Wexford region which isn't moving at all). My boss keeps asking me when I'm leaving too but tbh there's nothing PAS can do, when they've reached your position they'll contact you. I would think the same as you re notice period but, in my case at least, I know my boss is hassling me just to make me feel bad (he's like that). He likes to tell me on a daily basis that I've ruined everything for him by leaving etc. etc. I got upset at the start but now I just don't answer him anymore... :(

I would imagine PAS don't know anything about how long you'll be waiting, although you could ring them to find out where on the panel they've reached so far. If you're in Dublin, Cork, or Limerick I'd say you shouldn't be waiting long - I get the impression things are moving quite quickly there?

What a ****ing prick your boss is. You're better off that you're leaving, imagine having to work for someone like that forever! Wouldn't be worth it regardless of the money

What a ****ing prick your boss is. You're better off that you're leaving, imagine having to work for someone like that forever! Wouldn't be worth it regardless of the money

Thanks vegasgirl - I've worked for him for 5 years now (recession - i.e. no other jobs around) but sometimes I forget how awful he really is as I'm so used to being treated like ****e :rolleyes:.

Hopefully I'm out of here soon enough. Anyhow, best of luck to you in Revenue! I hear it's a great place to work so lucky you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I am curious to know i anyone whom is currently working in a public/civil job has been offered permanency through this campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Can somebody tell me when they look for references... Did we put them down on the original application? It's been that long since I applied I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

u2fanatic wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me when they look for references... Did we put them down on the original application? It's been that long since I applied I can't remember.

I put them on the form they send you pre-interview. You get that about a week before the interview so they're up to date and it reduces the odds of awkward bosses making trouble as seen above.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I am curious to know i anyone whom is currently working in a public/civil job has been offered permanency through this campaign?

Over 99% of the people who get an offer through this competition will be made permanent after 12 months.
    Basically you would have to punch the minister of the Dept in the face to be let go!

Over 99% of the people who get an offer through this competition will be made permanent after 12 months.
    Basically you would have to punch the minister of the Dept in the face to be let go!

lol

What I mean is, are there people whom have been working as a temp whom have been made permanent? :p

lol

What I mean is, are there people whom have been working as a temp whom have been made permanent? :p

No, this is a separate panel from the temporary CO panel. We all applied last year and have done 2 aptitude tests and an interview to be considered for a permanent position. There's no transfer from a temporary CO to a permanent position unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Received my letter today, got the department of foreign affairs & trade, absolutely delira, only took 10 days from being reference checked :D

Congrats, I would have loved that instead of the HSE! Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Hi any move on Carlow/Kilkenny ???

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

lol

Yes actually a good few people I know were working as tco's and were made permanent in their roles. But it all depends on your place on the panel and which department is hiring and in what order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eamondevaney

Hello All,

Despite being a member of this forum for sometime, this is the first occasion I have asked a question or made a contribution. I would be grateful for any insight you guys can offer.

I applied for Clerical officer open competition in 2014 for the Dublin region and passed the first and second phase of computer testing. I received a message in August telling me I had been placed 1531 and that they were assigning candidates placed between 1000 & 1110.

Was anybody else positioned similarly and does anyone know the likelihood of being called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Hello All,

Despite being a member of this forum for sometime, this is the first occasion I have asked a question or made a contribution. I would be grateful for any insight you guys can offer.

I applied for Clerical officer open competition in 2014 for the Dublin region and passed the first and second phase of computer testing. I received a message in August telling me I had been placed 1531 and that they were assigning candidates placed between 1000 & 1110.

Was anybody else positioned similarly and does anyone know the likelihood of being called for interview?

I got the same message as you in the middle of August. Placed in the 1230s (Dublin region). I received a call for interview on 11 September. So the only difference is I ranked higher in the round 2 placement.
    If there's another round of interviews I'd be very confident in your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

I got the same message as you in the middle of August. Placed in the 1230s (Dublin region). I received a call for interview on 11 September. So the only difference is I ranked higher in the round 2 placement.
    If there's another round of interviews I'd be very confident in your place.

I was ranked 1280s, had my interview on the 23rd of September, was referenced checked on the 13th of October and got assigned to dept on the 22nd of Oct, the Dublin list seems to be moving fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

lol

I was working as a TCO in my department before I was made permanent but I went through the permanent CO recruitment process and they requested I be assigned to them. You can't go from TCO to CO without going through the permanent CO process.

I was working as a TCO in my department before I was made permanent but I went through the permanent CO recruitment process and they requested I be assigned to them. You can't go from TCO to CO without going through the permanent CO process.

I'm on the Panel after interview for a CO and I am waiting to see if I may be given a position were I am at the moment. Just don't want to take anything for granted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm on the Panel after interview for a CO and I am waiting to see if I may be given a position were I am at the moment. Just don't want to take anything for granted!

Has your office AP/HEO approached you about keeping you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

hi,
    I have been called for stage two next week. Does any body know what region it is for? Also does anyone who has been through two stage two already have any tips? would really appreciate them
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Hioy

What number were you cdsb46? I still haven't heard anything since my interview... getting worried?

Advertisement