Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Doooes anyone know what's the highest that's been placed in Cork atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Has your office AP/HEO approached you about keeping you on?

Nope, just keeping my head down. I know we are very understaffed as it is so I hope some sort of request has been put in!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Any idea where they have reached for Clare/Galway? Has there been a second round of stage 2s?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Hioy wrote: »
    What number were you cdsb46? I still haven't heard anything since my interview... getting worried?

Hey, I was 1288 in the Dublin region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Nope, just keeping my head down. I know we are very understaffed as it is so I hope some sort of request has been put in!

Your department would have to seek permission from the Department of Finance to make your position permanent. Maybe you should broach the subject of you staying on with your EO or HEO if they haven't already brought it up with you. If they haven't let PAS know they want you then you'll just go to the department that next requests staff when the reach your place on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 neddytom

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to say thanks a million for all the tips I got here esp for the interview. I'm starting in Revenue with a few others in here on Nov 9th thank god!! I have a bit of a commute to Limerick and while we are training the woman said there wouldn't be flexi time so will find it tight to get in for 9 as child minder doesn't open until 8! Does anyone know how long we will be training for? And is there parking on site for staff? Or nearby at a decent rate? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

neddytom wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to say thanks a million for all the tips I got here esp for the interview. I'm starting in Revenue with a few others in here on Nov 9th thank god!! I have a bit of a commute to Limerick and while we are training the woman said there wouldn't be flexi time so will find it tight to get in for 9 as child minder doesn't open until 8! Does anyone know how long we will be training for? And is there parking on site for staff? Or nearby at a decent rate? Thanks

Hi there neddytom :-) Congrats on getting the post! Will see you in Sarsfield House on the 9th! Think i was told the training would be for a few weeks. Arthurs Quay does a weekly rate for €18 i think. And it's literally on the doorstep on Sarsfield House. I know there are a few carparks around town that the staff use but this would be the closest. There's no onsite parking for staff. Hope this helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lulucas wrote: »
    Hi any move on Carlow/Kilkenny ???

Seems to have come to a standstill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunnyshinedays

Fooker wrote: »
    Any idea where they have reached for Clare/Galway? Has there been a second round of stage 2s?

Did stage 2 the end of April, somehow went from 99 to 89.
    Interview first week in August.
    One reference was contacted last Tuesday.
    There doesn't seem to be anything whatsoever available in Clare, no idea 're Galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neddytom

Hi there neddytom :-) Congrats on getting the post! Will see you in Sarsfield House on the 9th! Think i was told the training would be for a few weeks. Arthurs Quay does a weekly rate for €18 i think. And it's literally on the doorstep on Sarsfield House. I know there are a few carparks around town that the staff use but this would be the closest. There's no onsite parking for staff. Hope this helps :-)

Hi Vegasgirl,

Thanks a million for the info. If its just a few weeks I might be able to pull in some help with the kids for the morning to try get in on time! Commute is only 40 mins normally but I assume traffic into city centre is going to add another 30 mins. €18 for the week is very reasonable too so hopefully it will all work out, Again thanks, I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

neddytom wrote: »
    Hi Vegasgirl,

Thanks a million for the info. If its just a few weeks I might be able to pull in some help with the kids for the morning to try get in on time! Commute is only 40 mins normally but I assume traffic into city centre is going to add another 30 mins. €18 for the week is very reasonable too so hopefully it will all work out, Again thanks, I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

it's €69 for the monthly ticket which is a decent enough deal, i just saw it there at lunchtime, but its only for Monday to |Friday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I just did the graduate positions test. I'm quite terrible at maths.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Occono wrote: »

Don't worry- you just have to pass it- your panel place is determined by verbal reasoning and the psychometric/work-skills test- not the numeracy. In the last competition the pass mark for numeracy- was 46/47 (out of 80).

Occono wrote: »

How come the tests for that competition are only on now, i remember applying for that last year. passed Stage 1 and was told that the Local Authority/Whoever would be in contact, and then i received an email saying they werent proceeding with the application, which i thought was weird!

How come the tests for that competition are only on now, i remember applying for that last year. passed Stage 1 and was told that the Local Authority/Whoever would be in contact, and then i received an email saying they werent proceeding with the application, which i thought was weird!

That was a different competition.

That was a different competition.

It was Graduate Opportunities in Local Authority one which i applied for! Around December last year i was told i was successful at Stage 1

It was Graduate Opportunities in Local Authority one which i applied for! Around December last year i was told i was successful at Stage 1

The local authority competition was a different competition. PAS advertised a graduate competition for 2015 a few weeks ago looking for AOs and 3rd Secs. Applications closed a week or 2 ago and people are going the initial testing at the moment. I think that's the competition being referred to.

The local authority competition was a different competition. PAS advertised a graduate competition for 2015 a few weeks ago looking for AOs and 3rd Secs. Applications closed a week or 2 ago and people are going the initial testing at the moment. I think that's the competition being referred to.

Oh i see. Never saw that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Stage 2 test tomorrow.. very nervous. Any last minute tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

connectq wrote: »
    Stage 2 test tomorrow.. very nervous. Any last minute tips?

I've mine as well, best of luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

I'm after forgetting to print off the form that is needed for tomorrow and won't get to a printer before the test in the morning. I have my ID and passport photo. Would a screen shot of the form on my phone do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

connectq wrote: »
    I'm after forgetting to print off the form that is needed for tomorrow and won't get to a printer before the test in the morning. I have my ID and passport photo. Would a screen shot of the form on my phone do?

they are really nice up there, so I'm sure a screen shot would be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

A girl at my test last week had the same problem and they accepted it off her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Doooes anyone know what's the highest that's been placed in Cork atm?

I phoned 2 weeks ago and on Monday both tomes I was told they are at the 140 mark for giving out positions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Or123

Has anyone heard any update on the Laois/Offaly/Westmeath panel? References were checked three weeks ago, but still no word.

theaxel132 wrote: »
    I phoned 2 weeks ago and on Monday both tomes I was told they are at the 140 mark for giving out positions

That's odd because I rang then myself today and they said they were in the 120s

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I hope they haven't gotten to the 140s or else they've skipped me!

My references were checked 20th October and I'm still waiting today back. I rang last Friday and was told I'd probably hear about 2 weeks after they were checked. So I'm playing the waiting game again......

I hope they haven't gotten to the 140s or else they've skipped me!

My references were checked 20th October and I'm still waiting today back. I rang last Friday and was told I'd probably hear about 2 weeks after they were checked. So I'm playing the waiting game again......

Maybe it's 140s for reference checks? Because someone just told me 140s as well. Either way they seem to give you 4 weeks notice of a position and I very much doubt anyone would be starting in December so I'm thinking jan/Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Or123 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any update on the Laois/Offaly/Westmeath panel? References were checked three weeks ago, but still no word.

I rang about 2 weeks ago and they said they had assigned into the low 20's. They said all the positions so far had been in Athlone. Do you mind me asking what number you are? I'm number 42 and have not had my references checked yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Or123

Anna1976 wrote: »
    I rang about 2 weeks ago and they said they had assigned into the low 20's. They said all the positions so far had been in Athlone. Do you mind me asking what number you are? I'm number 42 and have not had my references checked yet.

Did they say which department in athlone? Im 35 and my references were checked on the 8th of October, but I haven't been told anything since then. Hoping to be in before Christmas at least.

Advertisement