Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Or123 wrote: »
    Did they say which department in athlone? Im 35 and my references were checked on the 8th of October, but I haven't been told anything since then. Hoping to be in before Christmas at least.

No they didn't mention which department. Are you hoping for Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

lolli wrote: »
    they are really nice up there, so I'm sure a screen shot would be ok!

Thanks got sorted they are very nice.Found numerical tough enough today it was tougher than test cases, I'm not too confident but should know sometime in November

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Or123

Anna1976 wrote: »
    No they didn't mention which department. Are you hoping for Athlone?

They rang in September and asked would I go to athlone, so I presume there's still vacancies there. Yea, it would be ideal for that region for me. I live near Longford town. Where are you hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

connectq wrote: »
    Thanks got sorted they are very nice.Found numerical tough enough today it was tougher than test cases, I'm not too confident but should know sometime in November

I had mine at 11.15, found the maths tough enough aswell! At least its all done now

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

Got the call for reference checks today! I'm 1312 in Dublin so things are moving quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

lolli wrote: »
    I had mine at 11.15, found the maths tough enough aswell! At least its all done now

Same as that!!!! Definetly didn't pass it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

I had stage 2 test today for Laois Offaly area - those of you that have been phoned re positions are the numbers you are referring to the number you were placed after stage 2 tests and how long were u waiting for your results ??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

laoisgirl wrote: »
    I had stage 2 test today for Laois Offaly area - those of you that have been phoned re positions are the numbers you are referring to the number you were placed after stage 2 tests and how long were u waiting for your results ??

Yeah it's the place awarded after the stage 2 tests. I was waiting around a month for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Or123 wrote: »
    They rang in September and asked would I go to athlone, so I presume there's still vacancies there. Yea, it would be ideal for that region for me. I live near Longford town. Where are you hoping for?

They rang me in September aswell to see if I was interested in Athlone. I explained I wouldn't be able to accept Westmeath as it would be over an hour comute for me which I couldn't afford. The lady was lovely and said that was no problem and I was still on the panel, she said they were just making enquiries as to which areas people were interested in. I would love Portlaoise, but I would take Tullamore if it came up either. Will you keep us updated on your progress. Very best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

They rang me in September aswell to see if I was interested in Athlone. I explained I wouldn't be able to accept Westmeath as it would be over an hour comute for me which I couldn't afford. The lady was lovely and said that was no problem and I was still on the panel, she said they were just making enquiries as to which areas people were interested in. I would love Portlaoise, but I would take Tullamore if it came up either. Will you keep us updated on your progress. Very best of luck!!

They are lovely in the PAS office, aren't they? I've rang them a few times now and have started to feel that I'm a bit of a nuisance but they are nothing but nice to me when I ring, and very helpful. I too was worried about turning down an area due to a long commute, but it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

• Advertisement

kitty3kids wrote: »
    Got the call for reference checks today! I'm 1312 in Dublin so things are moving quick.

Fantastic kitty3kids - delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Or123

I rang this morning and my letter of assignment has been posted today, so I should receive it early next week. :) I see on this that they are doing more stage 2 tests, so presumably they must have more vacancies to fill. Very best of luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

Just called for stage 2! :)

To all Wexford panel people: I just got assigned to the Department of Agriculture so it's moving at last! I know there should be a HSE position coming up in the next while too (which is what I was waiting for originally) so fingers crossed that will be released soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

So I just called regarding Carlow /Kilkenny and the lady informed me they are on no. 88. God I hope I'm not 2 long me.. Also they are working on num 27
    For clearance for Laois / Offaly/ Westmeath. Hope this helps someone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lulucas wrote: »
    So I just called regarding Carlow /Kilkenny and the lady informed me they are on no. 88. God I hope I'm not 2 long me.. Also they are working on num 27
    For clearance for Laois / Offaly/ Westmeath. Hope this helps someone

What number are you roughly for Carlow/ Kilkenny? I'm in the early 100s so think it'll be the new year at this stage for me. They really slowed down once they hit the 80s!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I just got assigned a place from the Cork panel! Got a letter this morning and a phonecall this afternoon from the place I'll be starting!
    Absolutely delighted, the tension at work was unbearable over the last week or so!

I'm number 131 on Cork panel, hope that helps someone!

I just got assigned a place from the Cork panel! Got a letter this morning and a phonecall this afternoon from the place I'll be starting!
    Absolutely delighted, the tension at work was unbearable over the last week or so!

I'm number 131 on Cork panel, hope that helps someone!

Congratulations paintinglasses - it all worked out in the end for both of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Just got called for stage 2
    Was wondering has anyone any tips for it and was it tough
    Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Psack wrote: »
    Just got called for stage 2
    Was wondering has anyone any tips for it and was it tough
    Thanks !!

Practice the examples, I also got a book with more examples and practiced those it's the same as the first stage just supervised
    . Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

jules86 wrote: »
    Practice the examples, I also got a book with more examples and practiced those it's the same as the first stage just supervised
    . Good luck

Just wondering what this book was called? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

svei wrote: »
    Congratulations paintinglasses - it all worked out in the end for both of us :)

Congrats to you too! I missed your post earlier in the thread, can't wait to hand in my notice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Cokkini wrote: »
    Just wondering what this book was called? Thanks

Ultimate psychometric tests - Mike Bryon

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

alwaysadub wrote: »
    What number are you roughly for Carlow/ Kilkenny? I'm in the early 100s so think it'll be the new year at this stage for me. They really slowed down once they hit the 80s!

Hey I'm 102 I'm nearly sure. She told me ta call back in 2 weeks if I hear nothing. She said still a few ahead but they may not want Carlow / Kilkenny

Congrats to you too! I missed your post earlier in the thread, can't wait to hand in my notice:)

I've been looking forward to handing in my notice since last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Been away from the forum for a while ... What number after the first set of exams were\are the people now being called for interview? (Not for regional locations but for Dublin). Must be 3,000 plus at this stage.

Any ideas how many have actually got jobs in the civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldhand07

Hi all, I passed the interview for dublin last week. Anyone know where things go from here? Am I just waiting for a phone call??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Got notification that I'm being brought to Dublin for stage two for Galway/Mayo. I just can't get over how long they draw out the process for. How long are we at this 2014 panel application process?? It annoys me that we have to go to Dublin for testing, no consideration for the time and money incurred. Why can't they test regionally?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

oldhand07 wrote: »
    Hi all, I passed the interview for dublin last week. Anyone know where things go from here? Am I just waiting for a phone call??

Hey, did you get a message on your public jobs account? I did the interview 2 weeks ago and still no word! That doesn't look good for me!!!

As far as I know you will get a phone call asking can they check references and then get your job offer in the post, saying where you're based etc. I could be wrong though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Got reference checked over two weeks ago for employer of nearly three years but PAS have since come back requesting an academic reference from my masters supervisor. My supervisor was an absolute tyrant and wouldn't be the happiest of me leaving the field and I know it would effect me going back for my doctorate in the future if I do. Tried to explain it to PAS and offer other references to no avail so far. I know they have given places after my number so think I'm out. Really sucks.

Advertisement