Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Did mine Saturday week and nothing yet. Don't worry. It will arrive. Bit like having faith in the Jedi or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Aye don't worry. It says in the email everyone will get to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Got nothing yet either. Although I made a huge blunder in the questionnaire so even if I do get through to the interview I'm not expecting to be hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

bandit99 wrote: »
    ....should i bow out now

Yes definitely!

1 down 28498 to go! ;)

Seriously though you should just go for it you've absolutely nothing to lose by attempting it and your marks on the other sections might bring up your overall score.

Also did everyone else's email say Thursday the 23rd? All part of the error checking test? First 600 emails pointing out their error get the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Civil service, why you no luv me?

:pac:

• Advertisement

bandit99 wrote: »
    should i bow out now

Course not, you might do well on the other part. I tend to do well at numerical reasoning but not so much at verbal and I've passed aptitude tests before.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

gonzo.phd wrote: »

Also did everyone else's email say Thursday the 23rd? All part of the error checking test? First 600 emails pointing out their error get the job?

There should be at least two more vacant positions now - 1 for the person who put the wrong date in the e-mail, and 1 for the person who should have checked the e-mail before it issued.

Ridiculous!

Got ma mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

Got my txt also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Tarzana wrote: »
    Got ma mail.

They didn't forget ole Techno either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Got ma mail.

Me too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nothing for me yet, sad so sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

bijou wrote: »
    Me too!! :)

. . . . . and me!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Got ma mail.
    Put in a word for old fangler, would ya

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UnluckyInLuck

Was reading that people got their invites and feeling a bit sad when my phone went off with mine :)

Good luck, y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My sister got her e-mail around 23.00, you have till Thursday next week to finish part B.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

SSMorg wrote: »
    Got mine also, but can anyone tell me if they had a similar experience. I applied for the temp clerical officer a few months ago, was accepted, emailed them on the 26th & got my place number which was 34 for my chosen location. They emailed me back for the next day & I thanked them, did not hear anything for a few weeks so I called & was told my job came up on the 26th & they could not contact me via phone so I was skipped, I called back & asked the date again & explained how I had ben in contact on the 26/27th & was told that if they could not get me by phone I was un-contactable & they moved on. Never has any missed calls or voicemail!!! does anyone think this will stand against me as I know if you turn a position down you cant apply again.

Not at all- every competition is delineated from every other competition. Failing at one competition- or being uncontactable, or failing the Garda check- etc- does not impede you in any way going for another competition. All information relating to a competition is thoroughly ringfenced- and not referenced for future competitions.

Seriously suggest you get a new phone though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

Just got the link for the test. Surprised as I didn't get email yesterday til really late

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still no text but an email has been sitting in my inbox since 7:21 am,gonna get it done tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Hi! Got my link this morning to do the aptitude test. I didn't think we would get it until tomorrow. Maybe it was the day that was wrong in the email sent out and not the date. Anyways I done one when I worked in PTSB a few years ago and im hoping it might be similar or better still, easier! I done the sample tests on the Saville website I didn't do too bad except the third part where you have to check for any mistakes I ran out of time. Does anyone know if the test will be exactly like that or should we have more time?

Im currently doing a JobBridge internship so anything is the region of €21000 and over is going to have me feeling like iv won the lotto!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

AshF22 wrote: »
    Im currently doing a JobBridge internship so anything is the region of €21000 and over is going to have me feeling like iv won the lotto!!

Thats the gross salary........

19,200 (ish) after pension deductions
    16,900 (ish) after tax, USC and PRSI

= 320 (ish) per week.......

definitely better than Jobbridge- but hardly- winning the lottery.......

Yeah maybe not the euromillions... but you know what I mean! To have a social life again would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

Thats the gross salary........

19,200 (ish) after pension deductions
    16,900 (ish) after tax, USC and PRSI

= 320 (ish) per week.......

definitely better than Jobbridge- but hardly- winning the lottery.......

I thought the pension contributions were lower than this, as far as I can figure its 3.5% of pensionable remuneration (21000*.035 = €735). From what I can tell the additional 3% net pensionable renumeration wouldn't apply as double the state pension is more than 21000. After tax just under €1500pm or €345 pw.

I might well be calculating this wrong or using wrong rates?

Edit: Source www.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/Single-Scheme-booklet-Final.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

Yep the money is useless.

Just shows how bad things are employment wise in this country when there's the guts of 30,000 people (including me) applying for these almost minimum wage mundane jobs.

Did the aptitude test, was pretty straight forward. Same as last time.

Brilliant did it take you long? Is it like the sample tests they recommended we do?

I know money isn't great but right now I would just appreciate a paying job that's secure, I'm not really in a position to criticize the salary when currently my income is about €11,000 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Just did the test first tow parts were fine but ran out of time on the last section on each question. Not sure how i did as i was very aware of the clock ticking down. Have done lots of aptitude tests before but this was the first timed one so bit nervous as normally I do well but the time kind of panicked me a bit. Anyway, good luck to everyone

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Just did the test first tow parts were fine but ran out of time on the last section on each question. Not sure how i did as i was very aware of the clock ticking down. Have done lots of aptitude tests before but this was the first timed one so bit nervous as normally I do well but the time kind of panicked me a bit. Anyway, good luck to everyone

Thanks for letting us know :) is it two minutes per section ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

AshF22 wrote: »
    Brilliant did it take you long? Is it like the sample tests they recommended we do?

Yes much the same and will depend on how long you take per section.

I could tell you I flew through it and it took 20 mins but someone else might take twice that and be better off because they took their time so it's all subjective really.

Nothing to worry about anyway once you get started it's a breeze.

• Advertisement

Yes much the same and will depend on how long you take per section.

I could tell you I flew through it and it took 20 mins but someone else might take twice that and be better off because they took their time so it's all subjective really.

Nothing to worry about anyway once you get started it's a breeze.

Aw thanks a mill Sebbplatter :) hope it goes well for you !!

Advertisement