Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

lou121ie wrote: »
    I got a call yesterday evening for reference checks for Cork region. I am number 151. I asked what department the jobs were available in, but woman I spoke to didn't have that information. All she could say was a dept. from cork has got onto them with positions and they were proceeding to check references etc..

Amazing I'm only a few places away from you. Please keep us posted with the process and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lou121ie

Amazing I'm only a few places away from you. Please keep us posted with the process and best of luck!
    Ill update as soon as I know.. must pluck up courage to tell current boss this evening.. PAS seemed to want to contact the references asap so hopefully things will move fast and you get news yourself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Just out of stage 2 testing. Found the numerical much easier, more suitable to CO testing than the online stage 1. Three sessions on today, seem to be testing a lot of people. They told us results won't be sent until the middle/end of December, so looks like no interviews this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

ruadh wrote: »
    Just out of stage 2 testing. Found the numerical much easier, more suitable to CO testing than the online stage 1. Three sessions on today, seem to be testing a lot of people. They told us results won't be sent until the middle/end of December, so looks like no interviews this side of Christmas.

Hi Ruadh, best of luck with the results. If you dont mind me asking, did you sit your 2nd stage for Dublin? If so would you mind saying your position after stage 1, was hoping to get called for stage 2 meself but nothing yet.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Hi Ruadh, best of luck with the results. If you dont mind me asking, did you sit your 2nd stage for Dublin? If so would you mind saying your position after stage 1, was hoping to get called for stage 2 meself but nothing yet.

All the best

Hi, I set stage two for Galway/Mayo. I'm not sure if we were all there for Galway/Mayo, I was in last minute due to the traffic issues in the morning so didn't get to chat to anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Got 2 separate messages 1 day apart on publicjobs.ie.

First one invited me to stage 2 testing on Wednesday next week.

The second one was the exact same email stating that stage 2 testing is Thursday next week.

Theres no contact in order for me to get clarification on this.

Has anyone had the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

price690 wrote: »
    Got 2 separate messages 1 day apart on publicjobs.ie.

First one invited me to stage 2 testing on Wednesday next week.

The second one was the exact same email stating that stage 2 testing is Thursday next week.

Theres no contact in order for me to get clarification on this.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Just ring PAS with your details (exam no. etc.). Odds are you're not the only one on the receiving end of that. Proves you're adept at clerical checking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lou121ie wrote: »
    I got a call yesterday evening for reference checks for Cork region. I am number 151. I asked what department the jobs were available in, but woman I spoke to didn't have that information. All she could say was a dept. from cork has got onto them with positions and they were proceeding to check references etc..

I'd be quite surprised if its not the CSO- do let us know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

laoisgirl wrote: »
    Antoswords What number on the panel were you ? I know a girl that works there and she loves it - u are in same uniform as prison officers - I've only done stage 2 tests couple of weeks ago so interested to see how quick Laois Offaly is moving and if I even have a chance !!

Hi laoisgirl, i was around 1400 on the dublin panel, going through clearence at the minute which takes a number of weeks, then there is 5 wks training in Portlaoise. Would love to find out more info from your friend if possible about the job on a daily basis !

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Can anyone tell me how many days annual leave you get as a C.O.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Any more movement in the Carlow / Kilkenny region?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how many days annual leave you get as a C.O.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SkipPeanut

Hi all,

Does anyone know what number has been reached for Dublin in terms of reference checks/being offered a job?

I got the email to say I'd passed the interview about a month ago now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kitty3kids

SkipPeanut wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know what number has been reached for Dublin in terms of reference checks/being offered a job?

I was 1312 in Dublin and got my job offer on Monday. I found out I passed the interview on the first of October. References were checked on the 1st of November and I'm starting in the Adoption Authority on the 30th.

SkipPeanut wrote: »
    Hi all,

Placed 1237 in Dublin. Found out I passed the interview 1st October as well. They rang about checking references 2 weeks ago. No word since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SkipPeanut

Placed 1237 in Dublin. Found out I passed the interview 1st October as well. They rang about checking references 2 weeks ago. No word since.

Thanks, FloatingVoter- it seems like I might be waiting awhile, so! I hope you get a job offer soon anyway, the waiting is the worst part! :)

It suits me to hold off contacting them until the new year or at least December. I'm just taking no news as good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Completed stage 2 yesterday

Absolutely panicked in myself and messed my verbal up and found numerical so hard. Devastated :( best of luck to everyone else

Completed stage 2 yesterday

Absolutely panicked in myself and messed my verbal up and found numerical so hard. Devastated :( best of luck to everyone else

Don't worry too much. A lot of people including myself did better than they thought they did at Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Don't worry too much. A lot of people including myself did better than they thought they did at Stage 2.

Tanks it such a horrible destroying feeling knowing i should done better I couldn't even work maths out I got so bogged down in myself. Results not till jan will av try out to back of my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

Bear85 wrote: »
    Has anyone else in Limerick Tipp got a call in the last few days for reference checks? I got a call on Saturday. :)
    Brill news bear :) I still await the call and I'm number 245 in Lmk/Tipp. What number are you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Anyone that did stage 2 on 29th Oct our results won't be out until mid Dec.. I contacted PAS today. I was sure on the day of the test they said Nov. Will just have to wait patiently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

kats4ever wrote: »
    Brill news bear :) I still await the call and I'm number 245 in Lmk/Tipp. What number are you again?

241 Kats :) we're very close! You won't be waiting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sicilylemons

I am 1326 for dublin. got message on 1st oct saying I passed stage 3 interview. I heard nothing since. Does anyone know why it is that a prev poster at 1312 got job offer but another poster at 1237 did not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

Bear85 wrote: »
    241 Kats :) we're very close! You won't be waiting much longer.
    Oh jeaz we are very close !!!! :) Do u mind me asking where in Lmk u get d job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

kats4ever wrote: »
    Oh jeaz we are very close !!!! :) Do u mind me asking where in Lmk u get d job?

They don't say until after reference checks but I'm hoping with all my heart that it's Revenue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

called the office to see what number they are up to in Cork as I'd seen 151 on here, but they have advised 140's again

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

theaxel132 wrote: »
    called the office to see what number they are up to in Cork as I'd seen 151 on here, but they have advised 140's again

I'm pretty sure it's 140s for positions and 150s for reference checks

Also side note - if they're in the 200s for Limerick surely they'll get to that number in Cork

Got the letter today offering me a position in DSP. So the wait is over....I'm in.
    No when or where yet. Hopefully city centre.
    Time to clean the house, close down the knocking shop then buy a bowler hat and umbrella - that is what the modern civil servant wears, isn't it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Got the letter today offering me a position in DSP. So the wait is over....I'm in.
    No when or where yet. Hopefully city centre.
    Time to clean the house, close down the knocking shop then buy a bowler hat and umbrella - that is what the modern civil servant wears, isn't it ?

Congrats FV. So you may be going from one side of the glass to another! I received a similar letter recently. Bowler hat and custard creams all round then.

Advertisement