Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Just got stage 2 results you mite want to check your messages

Done stage 2 29th October

• Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

anna congrats on the job ! What number were u on the panel ? I just got stage 2 results

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Got results and passed!! Did very well. It says it's for Laois Offaly and Westmeath? What about our other locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Passed stg 2 in Dublin, did exam Oct. 13, wonder will I get interview before Xmas?

Passed stg 2 in Dublin, did exam Oct. 13, wonder will I get interview before Xmas?[/

It's hard to know, but Id say interviews would be in the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

connectq wrote: »
    Passed stg 2 in Dublin, did exam Oct. 13, wonder will I get interview before Xmas?[/

It's hard to know, but Id say interviews would be in the new year

Waiting for placement as TCO to, so that would be nice before XMAS then full-time CO.

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Update on Laois/ Offaly/Westmeath.
    I got a letter today saying I'm being assigned to the Dept of Agriculture in Portlaoise. No start date yet, I'm so thrilled because they phoned me 3 weeks ago and said there were positions in Tullamore, but Portlaoise was always my first choice. Did anyone else get assigned to the dept of Agric in Portlaoise? It would be a bit daunting starting on my own.

That's great Anna, Agri is meant to be s nice dept to work in. How long has you to wait for your interview after getting stage 2 results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Got results and passed!! Did very well. It says it's for Laois Offaly and Westmeath? What about our other locations?

Your result will carry over for the other locations should your place for being called to Stage 2 in those locations be reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

laoisgirl wrote: »
    anna congrats on the job ! What number were u on the panel ? I just got stage 2 results

Thank you. I was number 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

That's great Anna, Agri is meant to be s nice dept to work in. How long has you to wait for your interview after getting stage 2 results?

Thank you. I'm not sure I would have to check my messages on public jobs. I'll check it tonight and let you know.

• Advertisement

Your result will carry over for the other locations should your place for being called to Stage 2 in those locations be reached.

Thanks, hopefully will get called before the panel runs out in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Hi guys.. I got stage 2 results for dublin yesterday and I'm place 1702. I rang and they said currently interviewing people in the 1400 bracket.. any idea how quick they're moving things along in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mel11

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I sat stage 2 exams on 27th October, but didn't receive results yesterday like some of you. Is anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tzxp

Does anyone know roughly how many people were called to stage 2 and interview in the last batch earlier this year for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois?

Say if there were 50 people called last time round, does that mean that they start at no. 51 with the latest results for the region?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lou121ie

I just got my references checked and one of my referees asked when would I be placed and they said three weeks.. I know seeing is believing ;-) I was 151 on Cork panel if its any good to anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 repub

are they all purely CO places or has anyone been offered higher?

repub wrote: »
    are they all purely CO places or has anyone been offered higher?

CO only competition. There was other comps for EO & AO. See publicjobs.ie for vacancies

I'm anxious to know the same ! I think I saw recently someone in the 40s getting a job in Portlaoise - I got stage 2 results yesterday and am number 76 does that mean I'm on a new panel or a continuation of current one ??

only just saw reply What would u like to know from her about job ! Were you on Laois Offaly panel too or how did u get called to prison in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I got a message informing me I'd passed my stage 2 tests for Kildare/ Wicklow and they'd call me for stage 3 interview if they reached my number.
    However I already got the same message back in April, and I've passed my interview for a different region and am just waiting to get called for references!

Presuming it was just an oversight that they sent me the same message again, but do I need to get onto them and tell them? Has this happened anyone else?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I got a message informing me I'd passed my stage 2 tests for Kildare/ Wicklow and they'd call me for stage 3 interview if they reached my number.
    However I already got the same message back in April, and I've passed my interview for a different region and am just waiting to get called for references!

Presuming it was just an oversight that they sent me the same message again, but do I need to get onto them and tell them? Has this happened anyone else?
    :confused:

It sounds like they just reached your position for stage 2 in one of your other chosen regions. You only sit stage 2 once so your stage 2 results just carried over for that region. I'd just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Gickyk wrote: »
    Called PAS RE: Longford Leitrim Sligo & they're in mid 40's

Hi there, do you mind me asking when they told you this ... I got an email Friday saying they were only in 30s on that panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Hi there, do you mind me asking when they told you this ... I got an email Friday saying they were only in 30s on that panel?

I Rang PAS on Monday 23rd the guy I was talking to said they were at mid forties, however he didn't say/specifically - if it was those already assigned or those being processed ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

PAS rang me last week, to ask me about contacting my referee, I'm in Dublin region, anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi just wondering has anybody been offered a position in Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Whistles49 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering has anybody been offered a position in Roscommon?

That was one of the regions i applied for only did stage two lately know a few people working down there reckon not a lot of vacancies at the moment in roscommon area.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

lou121ie wrote: »
    I just got my references checked and one of my referees asked when would I be placed and they said three weeks.. I know seeing is believing ;-) I was 151 on Cork panel if its any good to anyone else!

Thanks for the update, im 50 behind you so looks like it will be a while

I emailed PAS today and they said they have called approx up to place 50 from Laois Offaly Westmeath to interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

I emailed PAS today and they said they have called approx up to place 50 from Laois Offaly Westmeath to interview stage

Did they say if there were many vacancies in that region by any chance, heard dept. Of education in athlone need a good few COs

• Advertisement

Hershall wrote: »
    Did they say if there were many vacancies in that region by any chance, heard dept. Of education in athlone need a good few COs

I didn't ask about vacancies but athlone or tullamore would be too far me to commute. I'd be hoping for Portlaoise if I get called. I had two other locations Kilkenny/Carlow and Tipperary/limerick but haven't heard anything about them yet.

Advertisement