Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

tzxp wrote: »
    Did they say how long it'd be before results are out?

they said 7-10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tzxp

lolli wrote: »
    they said 7-10 days

Thanks, forgot to ask during my disaster of an interview. Looks like I've a nice rejection email to look forward to right before xmas lol

tzxp wrote: »
    Thanks, forgot to ask during my disaster of an interview. Looks like I've a nice rejection email to look forward to right before xmas lol

I'm sure you got on fine, dont be worrying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Had interview on Monday, I think it went ok, it was all about the competencies and the interviewers were very nice. Fingers crossed we get the results before Christmas.

connectq wrote: »
    Had interview on Monday, I think it went ok, it was all about the competencies and the interviewers were very nice. Fingers crossed we get the results before Christmas.

Yeah hopefully we will have them by Christmas, the waiting is the hardest part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭svei

lolli wrote: »
    Yeah hopefully we will have them by Christmas, the waiting is the hardest part

I got my interview results exactly a week later and as I imagine PAS would want to clear everything before the holidays, I think chances are good you'll hear before Christmas. Best of luck!

svei wrote: »
    I got my interview results exactly a week later and as I imagine PAS would want to clear everything before the holidays, I think chances are good you'll hear before Christmas. Best of luck!

Thanks svei, hopefully it'll be the same, i'd love to know before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Just wondering have many people not got through the interview stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭snypers12

Bankprop wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Has anyone heard anything about the Garda Information Services Centre jobs in AGS Castlebar Mayo?
    They asked if I was interested 8 weeks ago but heard nothing since.

Thanks

Hi
    I had my interview a good few weeks ago. I got a phone call from pas this morning saying they are checking my references. Hopefully it won't take too long now after this.

Does anybody know how long it takes after references are checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

snypers12 wrote: »
    Hi
    I had my interview a good few weeks ago. I got a phone call from pas this morning saying they are checking my references. Hopefully it won't take too long now after this.

Does anybody know how long it takes after references are checked?

Had the same phone call this morning. Was so unexpected that I forgot to ask any questions. I'm hoping this means that all going well there's a job at the end of this. I'd be expecting another couple of months in a wait but totally unknown I guess. Hopefully someone else will have a bit more info on it

• Advertisement

niconoa wrote: »
    Had the same phone call this morning. Was so unexpected that I forgot to ask any questions. I'm hoping this means that all going well there's a job at the end of this. I'd be expecting another couple of months in a wait but totally unknown I guess. Hopefully someone else will have a bit more info on it

I was the same. I got off the phone and then thought of everything I wanted to know. Ya hopefully there is someone here that thought to ask questions. I'm hoping that it will be well into January as I Will need the guts of a week off early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

I was the same. I got off the phone and then thought of everything I wanted to know. Ya hopefully there is someone here that thought to ask questions. I'm hoping that it will be well into January as I Will need the guts of a week off early January.

I can't imagine it would be that soon, with Christmas and all that. I think this step will take some time and then we'd be given a few weeks notice at least of a start date.

I can't imagine it would be that soon, with Christmas and all that. I think this step will take some time and then we'd be given a few weeks notice at least of a start date.

Ya that's what I'm hoping for anyways. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ToRamona

Bankprop wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Has anyone heard anything about the Garda Information Services Centre jobs in AGS Castlebar Mayo?
    They asked if I was interested 8 weeks ago but heard nothing since.

Thanks
    Hi, was asked if I was interested back in September, have passed interview and haven't heard anything yet so sorta similar boat.

From what I've heard, they were meant to get some COs before the Christmas but not sure if that has gone ahead. Talking to people , it's a tough job due to the continuously changing shift pattern so staff end up leaving so may be more jobs down the road in there.

No COs started in GISC as we expected. No staff ever leave GISC except on a transfer which is impossible as we are not allowed leave unless we get a replacement which is impossible considering its shift work and the hours are hard. If we did get a transfer we cant take it basically.
    The hours are the same as AGS six days on four days off and ten hour shifts. Its a ten week cycle you work six weekends in the ten weeks.

ToRamona wrote: »
    No COs started in GISC as we expected. No staff ever leave GISC except on a transfer which is impossible as we are not allowed leave unless we get a replacement which is impossible considering its shift work and the hours are hard. If we did get a transfer we cant take it basically.
    The hours are the same as AGS six days on four days off and ten hour shifts. Its a ten week cycle you work six weekends in the ten weeks.

What's it like working there apart from the shift work? Do ye get paid weekly. I'll have to move up to castlebar so I need to make sure it's the right decision

What's it like working there apart from the shift work? Do ye get paid weekly. I'll have to move up to castlebar so I need to make sure it's the right decision

We get paid weekly. The work is grand but its so short staffed at the moment its a joke. We are down seventeen people over the last few years, then materity etc which are never replaced.
    Its constant on the phone with calls waiting all the time. We would have have eleven to fifteen call takers for the whole country on a night shift or late shift.

Money depends on where you are on the scale? if you are starting off its the same as garda start off now which is 28,889 could be a little off there but not much and that includes shift allowance. I must check that figure actually.

We get paid weekly. The work is grand but its so short staffed at the moment its a joke. We are down seventeen people over the last few years, then materity etc which are never replaced.
    Its constant on the phone with calls waiting all the time. We would have have eleven to fifteen call takers for the whole country on a night shift or late shift.

Money depends on where you are on the scale? if you are starting off its the same as garda start off now which is 28,889 could be a little off there but not much and that includes shift allowance. I must check that figure actually.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will be starting people soon so for yer own sake.

The money isn't actually too bad so if that's the case. I thought it would be quite a bit less than that

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will be starting people soon so for yer own sake.

The money isn't actually too bad so if that's the case. I thought it would be quite a bit less than that

That includes shift allowance which brings it up. I could be off on that figure but I will check when Im back and post it.
    It will be after christmas and possibly longer as the EO interviews will be soon and they are internal interviews.
    If you are moving to Castlebar rent is a nightmare and expensive.
    We get paid extra for Sundays btw.

That includes shift allowance which brings it up. I could be off on that figure but I will check when Im back and post it.
    It will be after christmas and possibly longer as the EO interviews will be soon and they are internal interviews.
    If you are moving to Castlebar rent is a nightmare and expensive.
    We get paid extra for Sundays btw.

That would be great. Thanks.
    I'm hoping myself that itl be well into January anyways before they take us on. Are there many COs starting? Or do you know?
    The rent is slightly higher than where I am so it's not actually too bad. It's manageable

That would be great. Thanks.
    I'm hoping myself that itl be well into January anyways before they take us on. Are there many COs starting? Or do you know?
    The rent is slightly higher than where I am so it's not actually too bad. It's manageable

Then we got an email saying they were taking on seventeen COs before christmas which we knew was crap. There have been no new staff since the last group in 2008.
    If COs move up to EOs then thats call takers gone so the new ones will just replace them. I dunno whats going on tbh and we are always the last to know.

• Advertisement

Then we got an email saying they were taking on seventeen COs before christmas which we knew was crap. There have been no new staff since the last group in 2008.
    If COs move up to EOs then thats call takers gone so the new ones will just replace them. I dunno whats going on tbh and we are always the last to know.
    I know well. Ye probably won't know until everyone lands in some morning! 😊

I know well. Ye probably won't know until everyone lands in some morning! 😊

You are so right, god help them is all I can say. They have to be trained first which used to be a month on days in the training environment before going live on the system. I dont know how they will do it now but it will definitely be two weeks training.

starting salary is 20859 without shift allowance.

Would you like shift work?

You are so right, god help them is all I can say. They have to be trained first which used to be a month on days in the training environment before going live on the system. I dont know how they will do it now but it will definitely be two weeks training.

starting salary is 20859 without shift allowance.

Would you like shift work?

I think in the info I was sent before the interview said 6 weeks training but I could be wrong. I'd have to check that.
    Well I've been working in a shop since September to tie me over and I have actually gotten used to the shift work now but I hated it at the beginning. I think I'd find it hard to go back to a Mon-Fri 9-5 job now

I think in the info I was sent before the interview said 6 weeks training but I could be wrong. I'd have to check that.
    Well I've been working in a shop since September to tie me over and I have actually gotten used to the shift work now but I hated it at the beginning. I think I'd find it hard to go back to a Mon-Fri 9-5 job now

You start on days 8am to 18.00pm x2 two late shifts 2pm to 00.00 x2 and two nights 10pm to 08.00am by the nights you have done 40hrs and wrecked. Its fine starting off but takes it toll after a few years.
    Agree 9-5 would be difficult for most of us with been off during the week etc. We work 32 sundays in the year.

You start on days 8am to 18.00pm x2 two late shifts 2pm to 00.00 x2 and two nights 10pm to 08.00am by the nights you have done 40hrs and wrecked. Its fine starting off but takes it toll after a few years.
    Agree 9-5 would be difficult for most of us with been off during the week etc. We work 32 sundays in the year.

Ya I can imagine it would take its toll on you after a while alright. Just a matter of trying to get used to it I suppose. Same as anything else really

Ya I can imagine it would take its toll on you after a while alright. Just a matter of trying to get used to it I suppose. Same as anything else really

But on a positive note the people are lovely, all the teams are nice, we have five teams. You will like the people the banter and the crack. Its not all work no play lol even if it seems like it sometimes.

But on a positive note the people are lovely, all the teams are nice, we have five teams. You will like the people the banter and the crack. Its not all work no play lol even if it seems like it sometimes.

Haha! Well that's great to hear. Can't wait to start. Thanks for all the info. You've been a great help

Haha! Well that's great to hear. Can't wait to start. Thanks for all the info. You've been a great help

We cant wait for ye to start, do you know when it will be? have they said? you definitely taking GISC?
    We had an email from HR Navan saying they could not recruit or had no interest so were taking from this panel instead.

We cant wait for ye to start, do you know when it will be? have they said? you definitely taking GISC?
    We had an email from HR Navan saying they could not recruit or had no interest so were taking from this panel instead.
    Havnt a clue. Just got the phone call this morning saying they were going checking our references now. It was only when I got off the phone it dawned on me that I should have asked questions! I was still half asleep! Haha! Ya I'll definitely be taking GISC anyways

• Advertisement

Havnt a clue. Just got the phone call this morning saying they were going checking our references now. It was only when I got off the phone it dawned on me that I should have asked questions! I was still half asleep! Haha! Ya I'll definitely be taking GISC anyways

Checking refs is good. Gda vetting will be done during training. Make sure there are no arrests there as you will be working for AGS ( only kidding).

Starting salary is 20859 and 25% shift allowance on top of that.

Advertisement