Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭snypers12

ToRamona wrote: »
    Checking refs is good. Gda vetting will be done during training. Make sure there are no arrests there as you will be working for AGS ( only kidding).

Starting salary is 20859 and 25% shift allowance on top of that.

Haha! They're supposed to have that done but wouldn't surprise me if they havnt. Ya at least it's moving now. I think it was early Oct I had the interview. Thought there was never gonna be any movement.
    The salary isn't too bad with the shift allowance. Is it after 3 years then that a pay rise is possible or is that gone now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ToRamona

snypers12 wrote: »
    Haha! They're supposed to have that done but wouldn't surprise me if they havnt. Ya at least it's moving now. I think it was early Oct I had the interview. Thought there was never gonna be any movement.
    The salary isn't too bad with the shift allowance. Is it after 3 years then that a pay rise is possible or is that gone now?

They may have but if not its done during training. I know we only signed the forms for vetting during training. It could be different now.

Salary is bad TBF, you have tax, usc , prsi , pension and three more pensions to come out of that. we still get out yearly increments, it was pushes out a little and im not sure with new recruits how it works.

They may have but if not its done during training. I know we only signed the forms for vetting during training. It could be different now.

Salary is bad TBF, you have tax, usc , prsi , pension and three more pensions to come out of that. we still get out yearly increments, it was pushed out a little and im not sure with new recruits how it works.

Salary is bad TBF, you have tax, usc , prsi , pension and three more pensions to come out of that. we still get out yearly increments, it was pushed out a little and im not sure with new recruits how it works.
    3 pensions?! Jeez one will do me! Haha! That's true it could all change now for us. I was doing TCO during the summer. The pay was a goon bit less. Thought if would be the same so it's a nice surprise 😊

3 pensions?! Jeez one will do me! Haha! That's true it could all change now for us. I was doing TCO during the summer. The pay was a goon bit less. Thought if would be the same so it's a nice surprise 😊

Four pensions your own and three others which are no benefit but we have to pay them. Its for widows/widowers and children of civil servant. It's €30 week and then your own is approx €60.

• Advertisement

Four pensions your own and three others which are no benefit but we have to pay them. Its for widows/widowers and children of civil servant. It's €30 week and then your own is approx €60.

Jeez that really is a lot every week. A lot more than I thought. As a TCO we only paid 12 a week

Jeez that really is a lot every week. A lot more than I thought. As a TCO we only paid 12 a week

Im going on mine now so your may be less. The three pensions are a percentage of your pay so probably less than I said. Your own pension im not sure how much it would be.
    TCO is probably different in pay etc.

Im going on mine now so your may be less. The three pensions are a percentage of your pay so probably less than I said. Your own pension im not sure how much it would be.
    TCO is probably different in pay etc.

I know what you mean. Sure I won't fully know until my first payslip I suppose

I know what you mean. Sure I won't fully know until my first payslip I suppose

I think your basic is 401 and shift would be 100 so you should clear 400 after all stoppages. Someone else on here might have a better idea on pay.

Good luck anyway. Have you started looking for places to rent yet? Do you know where GISC is?

I think your basic is 401 and shift would be 100 so you should clear 400 after all stoppages. Someone else on here might have a better idea on pay.

Good luck anyway. Have you started looking for places to rent yet? Do you know where GISC is?

Not too bad. More than what I'm on now anyways.

Thanks. I have been looking on daft. Few places that seem quite close to GISC. Gonna keep an eye out. Ya I was looking it up on Google. Breafy road isn't it? On the outskirts.

• Advertisement

Not too bad. More than what I'm on now anyways.

Thanks. I have been looking on daft. Few places that seem quite close to GISC. Gonna keep an eye out. Ya I was looking it up on Google. Breafy road isn't it? On the outskirts.

Its on Breafy rd just across from Monaghans garage or Harvey norman is 1 minute away. It's michael davit house, GISC, revenue, social welfare, customs and teagasc in the building.
    If you are driving then Balla, or Claremorris would be cheaper. If walking get a place as near as possible.

Its on Breafy rd just across from Monaghans garage or Harvey norman is 1 minute away. It's michael davit house, GISC, revenue, social welfare, customs and teagasc in the building.
    If you are driving then Balla, or Claremorris would be cheaper. If walking get a place as near as possible.
    O I'll be driving. Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look around those places an see what the rent is like. Never thought of looking elsewhere

O I'll be driving. Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look around those places an see what the rent is like. Never thought of looking elsewhere

Balla is ten minute drive and Claremorris is twenty minutes. Parking in a problem in Castlebar town so watch out for that, you might have to park in a car park and walk five minutes. I know its not a lot but if its raining etc you want the car parked outside.
    Weigh up the pros and cons or paying extra for nearer town, go home for lunch, less petrol nearer work less driving especially after night shift.

Great thanks for that. I'll have to look into it all now over the next few weeks. You've been a great help 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunnyshinedays

Sligo22 wrote: »
    Sat stage 2 on 11th Nov - still waiting on results. Ranked 168th in stage 1 for Galway-Clare region. Has anyone else placed in Galway- Clare yet?

I placed 99 in stage 1, 89 after stage 2. .interview end of July. 2 references were contacted 2 weeks apart in November.started work in Clare 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

rafa2012 wrote: »
    Does any one know how Donegal is going? Passed interview in July and no word since...

I emailed them about 2months ago and they said only 10 positions had been offered in Donegal so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hope interview results are out this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

lolli wrote: »
    Hope interview results are out this week :)

Me too! Had interview last week, wasn't expecting to have them before Xmas, do you think they will be out? When did you interview?

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Me too! Had interview last week, wasn't expecting to have them before Xmas, do you think they will be out? When did you interview?

mine was early last week and they said to expect the results in 7-10 days :) so hopefully it'll be this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Doireann 15

I placed 99 in stage 1, 89 after stage 2. .interview end of July. 2 references were contacted 2 weeks apart in November.started work in Clare 2 weeks ago

Do you mind me asking where in Clare you got ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 eamondevaney

Hello All,

Just got an E mail to say I passed the interview that I had on Friday last.

When I was notified of my stage 2 results in August, I was told I was placed 1531 on the Dublin list and that at that time they were assigning 1000 ~ 1100.

Anyone hazzard an educated guess on when someone like me might be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Passed interview for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Well done those of you who have passed interviews. Hope you are all
    placed soon.

Still waiting on the results of Stage 2 for Wicklow/Kildare taken on 27th October. I had no idea we would be waiting this long for results.

Stickmam wrote: »
    placed soon.

Still waiting on the results of Stage 2 for Wicklow/Kildare taken on 27th October. I had no idea we would be waiting this long for results.

Hey I sat my stage 2 for Wicklow Kildare on the 29th October and I've since sat my interview and I got word today that I passed my interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

Stickmam wrote: »
    placed soon.

Hi. I rang them yesterday. I did stage 2 for Kildare Wicklow on 19th (I think) November. At test they said results should be out end November. When I rang yesterday was told results will be out early January! I hate the waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

bebie wrote: »
    Hi. I rang them yesterday. I did stage 2 for Kildare Wicklow on 19th (I think) November. At test they said results should be out end November. When I rang yesterday was told results will be out early January! I hate the waiting!

I did stage 2 on 20th of nov were also told that results would be out end of Nov no word as of yet looking like new year now
    Like yourself the waiting is a killer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

connectq wrote: »
    Passed interview for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath

Congrats well done would you mind if I asked roughly whereabouts you're placed after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

lolli wrote: »
    Hey I sat my stage 2 for Wicklow Kildare on the 29th October and I've since sat my interview and I got word today that I passed my interview.

Well done.

Do you mind me asking what number on the Wicklow panel you were before and after stage 2, and also if you had applied for another region? Anyone I know who had applied for Wicklow/kildare and also Dublin has had their results and interviews. But those for Wicklow/Kildare only (or other regions) still haven't heard.

How does that work for those of us still waiting for results? I presume Wicklow/Kildare jobs won't be offered until all results are out. Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

connectq wrote: »
    Passed interview for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath me too !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

Hershall wrote: »
    Congrats well done would you mind if I asked roughly whereabouts you're placed after interview?[ you stay the same number as stage 2 tests! I also passed interview last week for laois Offaly Westmeath and I'm in the 70s

Advertisement