Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

laoisgirl wrote: »
    connectq wrote: »
    Passed interview for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath me too !!!

Me three!! :-) anyone know what number they're at one the placing??

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Hershall wrote: »
    Congrats well done would you mind if I asked roughly whereabouts you're placed after interview?

I'm mid 60s, you keep your score from
    Stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

connectq wrote: »
    I'm mid 60s, you keep your score from
    Stage 2

Well done would love to be placed around there myself! !!!!!!

laoisgirl wrote: »
    Hershall wrote: »
    Congrats well done would you mind if I asked roughly whereabouts you're placed after interview?[ you stay the same number as stage 2 tests! I also passed interview last week for laois Offaly Westmeath and I'm in the 70s

Well done hopefully you won't have too long to wait! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Stickmam wrote: »
    Well done.

Do you mind me asking what number on the Wicklow panel you were before and after stage 2, and also if you had applied for another region? Anyone I know who had applied for Wicklow/kildare and also Dublin has had their results and interviews. But those for Wicklow/Kildare only (or other regions) still haven't heard.

How does that work for those of us still waiting for results? I presume Wicklow/Kildare jobs won't be offered until all results are out. Does anyone know?

i'm in the 200's and I didn't apply for Dublin, I applied for wexford aswell. did you do your test in October or November?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Doireann 15

Really thought results for stage 2 would have been out by now . Was told at the time mid to late December !!! No patience ......

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

lolli wrote: »
    i'm in the 200's and I didn't apply for Dublin, I applied for wexford aswell. did you do your test in October or November?

I'm just Wicklow/Kildare - did the test on 27th October. I can't fathom the system out at all. I can't see any reason why the results aren't out yet unless they are still inviting people for stage 2. Sure all we can do is wait I suppose.

Did they ask you where you wanted to work and give any idea of when you might be placed?

Stickmam wrote: »
    I'm just Wicklow/Kildare - did the test on 27th October. I can't fathom the system out at all. I can't see any reason why the results aren't out yet unless they are still inviting people for stage 2. Sure all we can do is wait I suppose.

Did they ask you where you wanted to work and give any idea of when you might be placed?

I sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

Got my letter of assignment this morning in the post. Good way to start Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

niconoa wrote: »
    Got my letter of assignment this morning in the post. Good way to start Christmas!

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Well I got my letter of assignment and start the 2nd week of January. Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

MetalDog wrote: »
    Well I got my letter of assignment and start the 2nd week of January. Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Hey Metaldog
    Firstly congrats on your new job Great start to the new year!
    What number were you? I've passed my interview for Dublin region also just kinda trying to get a time scale?
    I've been with my current employer a long time and will need to give a months notice.
    Do you think that will be an issue with PAS? Should I hand my notice in when my refs are checked? I can't not accept this job it really is a new start for me I will be dropping money but trying to concentrate on the benefits of life as a civil servant! I work very very unsociable hours Sorry for long post 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

poppy81 wrote: »
    Hey Metaldog
    Firstly congrats on your new job Great start to the new year!
    What number were you? I've passed my interview for Dublin region also just kinda trying to get a time scale?
    I've been with my current employer a long time and will need to give a months notice.
    Do you think that will be an issue with PAS? Should I hand my notice in when my refs are checked? I can't not accept this job it really is a new start for me I will be dropping money but trying to concentrate on the benefits of life as a civil servant! I work very very unsociable hours Sorry for long post 🙄

Hi I was in the 1400's.

The PAS will ring you to ask if you can contact your referees, then as soon as all your referees get back to them they can set about making you an offer of placement, so I think the best thing to do is make your current employer aware of the situation.

Passing the interview is no guarantee you'll be offered a place though so wait for the offer letter, which will be accompanied by an email asking you for more details PPS etc.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Anyone know were they are on the Dublin panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

kranbo wrote: »
    Anyone know were they are on the Dublin panel?

Looks like 1400s from MetalDog's post.

Happy new year all. Anyone know what number they're at with the placing for the following 3 regions: laois, offaly & westmeath, longford, letrim &Sligo or mayo & roscommon ...... this waiting game is a killer......

yeah waiting is really hard! Has anyone heard from Wicklow/Kildare? I emailed but I havent heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Looks like 1400s from MetalDog's post.

I rang PAS today and was told they in the 1600's for dublin ... she also said that that the panel might close in the spring time

u2fanatic wrote: »
    I rang PAS today and was told they in the 1600's for dublin ... she also said that that the panel might close in the spring time

No hope for anyone waiting on results still for stage 2 so if the panel is going to time out 😞 I rang them yesterday 're th he results and she just said they were being compiled and should be out in the coming weeks !

Guy I spoke with late November told me they would be exhausting this panel. Different story depending who you talk too. Really hope they don't wrap it up, to get so near n then have them scrap it would be sickening!!

• Advertisement

I got a reply, they said they'e assigned 90 from the Wicklow/Kildare panel.

The lady just said they "might" be closing it in the spring but that nothing was confirmed.

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Guy I spoke with late November told me they would be exhausting this panel. Different story depending who you talk too. Really hope they don't wrap it up, to get so near n then have them scrap it would be sickening!!

I couldn't see them closing it in the spring as they hardly want to go through the process of forming a new panel any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Anyone have any updates on the Cork panel? I think they're on 151/152 but this was over a month ago at this stage

I can't understand why they would waste so many peoples time running a stage 2test in November if t hey wee wrapping it up in Spring but hey who knows !!
    At least the ones passed interview stand a better chance !

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I can't understand why they would waste so many peoples time running a stage 2test in November if t hey wee wrapping it up in Spring but hey who knows !!
    At least the ones passed interview stand a better chance !

I think the old one would run parallel to the initial stages of the competition which will take a month or three before they will actually start to hire. The advertisement will probably be there for a month or more. Then online assesment, retesting in dublin, then eventually interviews. They probably won't hire to July or August at earliest?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

u2fanatic wrote: »

Was that they are interviewing 1600s now or placing?
    I'm also 1400s passed my interview for Dublin region but haven't heard anything yet Passed just at Christmas so with hols etc was expecting not to hear for a bit I just hope to get good news before the panel expires 😩

poppy81 wrote: »
    Was that they are interviewing 1600s now or placing?
    I'm also 1400s passed my interview for Dublin region but haven't heard anything yet Passed just at Christmas so with hols etc was expecting not to hear for a bit I just hope to get good news before the panel expires 😩

They are interviewing the 1600s now

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Happy new year all. Anyone know what number they're at with the placing for the following 3 regions: laois, offaly & westmeath, longford, letrim &Sligo or mayo & roscommon ...... this waiting game is a killer......

Is this after stage 2 results ?

• Advertisement

speedygirl wrote: »
    Is this after stage 2 results ?

Hi, yes. Does you know what numbers they're currently placing?

Advertisement