Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Hi has anyone heard of anybody being offered a position in Roscommon? or has anybody heard of any positions that are likely to come up in the region? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hi all, passed sit down stage 2 that I did in mid October for Dublin, anyone called for interview that did exam around then yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Hi all, passed sit down stage 2 that I did in mid October for Dublin, anyone called for interview that did exam around then yet?

Same here. Nothing yet

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Hi, yes. Does you know what numbers they're currently placing?

No sorry . I'm in 40's for Sligo Leitrim. Heard nothing .

Anyone on this apply for EO campaign also. Got call for stage 2 end of Jan. Don't know is it worth the hassle of going up again. Wasn't placed v high in stage 1. Any thoughts ?? Other than if your not in ..you can't win...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 eamondevaney

Did the interview in early December. Received notification I passed a week after. I called PAS to gauge the likelihood of being placed and was informed that Up to the early 1400's (Dublin) had been cleared, ready to placed as and when departments/Agencies request staff. I was also told that once you receive a call for permissikn to check your references that its a good indication that you will progress. The lady said that there was no expiration date on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

*finally* got stage two results for Galway/Clare. Passed. Went from 254 to 159 on the panel. They're "currently assigning candidates placed between 70 - 89."

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Just got the results of Stage 2 which I sat on 10th December. I've passed anyway but I'm 68 places behind where they're currently assigning at the moment. This is for the Galway and Clare region btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

ruadh wrote: »
    *finally* got stage two results for Galway/Clare. Passed. Went from 254 to 159 on the panel. They're "currently assigning candidates placed between 70 - 89."

I'm very close to you ruadh! I came from 272 after Stage 1 to 157 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Cocolola wrote: »
    I'm very close to you ruadh! I came from 272 after Stage 1 to 157 now.

Ooooo ... You frog leaped me!! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

they are placing the 70s in Laois offaly Westmeath because I got an offer today !!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

laoisgirl wrote: »
    they are placing the 70s in Laois offaly Westmeath because I got an offer today !!

Congrats! When were your references checked? Also, did you get an offer by post or over the phone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I've heard nothing at all from that test. Don't know if I passed or failed.

Edit- Just checked my public jobs inbox and apparently I passed. Got decent scores too. Placed 242.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Well done was it athlone by any chance? I got stage 2 results for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath im in the 270s. Would be a bit sceptical of being placed with that number but you never know, hopefully?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roc16

Anyone starting in the Department of Jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sun cream

anyone get placed stage 2 results for cavan monaghan? or louth meath? i got 300's in louth meath, prob too far down to be called for anything, didnt get results for stage 2 cavan monaghan, i thought i'd get them both the same day, maybe thats not the way it works, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

sun cream wrote: »
    anyone get placed stage 2 results for cavan monaghan? or louth meath? i got 300's in louth meath, prob too far down to be called for anything, didnt get results for stage 2 cavan monaghan, i thought i'd get them both the same day, maybe thats not the way it works, anyone know?

Yeah you should get results for both at the same time as far as I know, at least that's how it was for me..
    I'd give PAS a call..

Not sure how many have been placed in LH/MH, but I was offered a position at mid 20's on the panel - maybe someone who got an offer who was further down the list could let us know how things are moving?

Don't think there were any/many jobs that came up in MN/CN - someone posted earlier on the thread who was very high on the list (top 5 afair), and they'd heard nothing at that time..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

What dept were you offered? I got a call about reference checks this week so things are moving quick

connectq wrote: »

What dept were you offered? I got a call about reference checks this week so things are moving quick

Well done your nearly there. Any harm to ask roughly where you were ranked?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Hershall wrote: »
    connectq wrote: »

Well done your nearly there. Any harm to ask roughly where you were ranked?

I'm in the 60s

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yeah you should get results for both at the same time as far as I know, at least that's how it was for me..
    I'd give PAS a call..

Not sure how many have been placed in LH/MH, but I was offered a position at mid 20's on the panel - maybe someone who got an offer who was further down the list could let us know how things are moving?

Don't think there were any/many jobs that came up in MN/CN - someone posted earlier on the thread who was very high on the list (top 5 afair), and they'd heard nothing at that time..

Yes that's right. I placed 38 for cn /MN & was told by someone else on this they haven't hired external in Cn in about 5 years :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Headonfire2015

Any updates on Cork? Last mentioned, they were at around 151/152.

Any update further to that would be 'awesome'.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

sun cream wrote: »

I got my results for both Cavan-Monaghan and Louth-Meath last year; I was also on the Dublin panel at the time and did the supervised tests and interview for it. I've rang several times about the Cavan-Monaghan panel, but have been told each time that they haven't started recruiting from it yet as there aren't currently any advertised vacancies that need to be filled.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 AnCailin

Hi,

Got a letter assigning my department in the post last week. Looks like I'll be in department of Public Expenditure and Reform, I also had to fill out a Garda vetting form so I'll be dealing with sensitive information. I'm hoping I'm placed elsewhere within the department but I've a feeling it's People Point.

In my letter they've asked me to bring two references on the day I start. I have yet to receive a call to tell me the initial references I supplied are being checked, and I'm wondering if these two references are being taken instead of the three I supplied with my initial application form. Has anyone else been asked to bring references on their start date?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

AnCailin wrote: »
    Hi,

Got a letter assigning my department in the post last week. Looks like I'll be in department of Public Expenditure and Reform, I also had to fill out a Garda vetting form so I'll be dealing with sensitive information. I'm hoping I'm placed elsewhere within the department but I've a feeling it's People Point.

In my letter they've asked me to bring two references on the day I start. I have yet to receive a call to tell me the initial references I supplied are being checked, and I'm wondering if these two references are being taken instead of the three I supplied with my initial application form. Has anyone else been asked to bring references on their start date?

Thanks!

Hi AnCailin
    I think that department is on merrion sq or around Kildare st but I could be wrong.
    Were you waiting long for your letter and does it give much notice of a start date etc?
    Or does pas check references then there's no contact until placement!
    I'm all confused!
    Wat number were you anCailin?
    And congrats on the job x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

poppy81 wrote: »
    Hi AnCailin
    I think that department is on merrion sq or around Kildare st but I could be wrong.

The Main Department office is on Merrion Row/Merrion Street

That is where you will likely report to HR. You could however be assigned to other areas within the Department, including, as you mention, Peoplepoint which is out in Ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoinie87

Hi can anybody tell me what number has so far been given their stage 2 results for laois offaly I am in the 440s for my original number and was told results would be out for my stage two on Christmas week but stil no word. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Hi..
    I got through stage 2 Lh/Mh..anyone know have the inteviews for this area started yet and where they are being held. Also anyone know if there are actually many jobs for the area as I placed 190! Also do they check reference s or do you bring them if you are offered a post?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Hi..
    I got through stage 2 Lh/Mh..anyone know have the inteviews for this area started yet and where they are being held. Also anyone know if there are actually many jobs for the area as I placed 190!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Eoinie87 wrote: »
    Hi can anybody tell me what number has so far been given their stage 2 results for laois offaly I am in the 440s for my original number and was told results would be out for my stage two on Christmas week but stil no word. Thanks in advance!

I was in 500s after stage 1. Completed stage 2 on 20th of november got results last Friday moved up to 270s.
    Hope you get word soon the waiting is a killer!!!!!!

Advertisement