Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 AnCailin

poppy81 wrote: »
    Hi AnCailin
    I think that department is on merrion sq or around Kildare st but I could be wrong.
    Were you waiting long for your letter and does it give much notice of a start date etc?
    Or does pas check references then there's no contact until placement!
    I'm all confused!
    Wat number were you anCailin?
    And congrats on the job x

Hi Poppy81,

Thanks, it's great to be starting soon!

I had my interview on the 4th of December and got notification on the 22nd December that I was successful. Then last Friday I got a letter from to say I would be placed in the Department of Public Expenditure but not much info other than that. I was told in the letter I would be contacted soon with regards a start date and location. So up to now movement has been pretty fast.

I am unsure of the order of how things go. I had just assumed they would have used the three references that I gave on the application form for the interview, and was just wondering is it standard across all departments that people bring references on their start date? My referees haven't been checked yet anyway. I would imagine you've been assigned a department before referees are contacted, but that's just my speculation.

I was also number 1516 on the list!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Whistles49 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone heard of anybody being offered a position in Roscommon? or has anybody heard of any positions that are likely to come up in the region? Thanks

GRO?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoinie87

Hershall wrote: »
    I was in 500s after stage 1. Completed stage 2 on 20th of november got results last Friday moved up to 270s.
    Hope you get word soon the waiting is a killer!!!!!!

Thank you very much hershall some confusion with my case over having declined dublin hopefully get a new number today.. best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

My interview was the 15th and I also got word I passed the interview on the 22nd.
    However I'm in the high 1400s and AnCailin was 1516? Have they skipped a few places for some reason?
    Should I be worried? No call to check referees etc yet

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Eoinie87 wrote: »
    Thank you very much hershall some confusion with my case over having declined dublin hopefully get a new number today.. best of luck :)

No problem let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

GRO?

Talking to a friend of mine who works in the gro theyre not short off staff but retirements coming up who may not be replaced. They haven't got new staff in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

poppy81 wrote: »
    My interview was the 15th and I also got word I passed the interview on the 22nd.
    However I'm in the high 1400s and AnCailin was 1516? Have they skipped a few places for some reason?
    Should I be worried? No call to check referees etc yet

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, my partner is in the same boat, she is in the mid 1400's and she got word she passed her interview on the 21st of Dec. It could be to do with where you are going to be placed even.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Emailed (again) about the results of Wicklow/kildare. Was told another week or two. Getting thoroughly fed up waiting now, especially as anyone who had Wicklow/kildare plus another region has already had their Wicklow/Kildare results. Can't understand why people who just have the one region are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

astradave wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it tbh, my partner is in the same boat, she is in the mid 1400's and she got word she passed her interview on the 21st of Dec. It could be to do with where you are going to be placed even.

Thanks for the reply Astradave!
    At least there are others in the same boat! Hopefully your partner and I not waiting too much longer!
    Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

relative1 wrote: »
    Hi..
    I got through stage 2 Lh/Mh..anyone know have the inteviews for this area started yet and where they are being held. Also anyone know if there are actually many jobs for the area as I placed 190!
    Thanks
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Not sure how many have been placed in LH/MH, but I was offered a position at mid 20's on the panel - maybe someone who got an offer who was further down the list could let us know how things are moving?

I posted the above earlier on the thread - can't give you any more info I'm afraid, but if you phone PAS, they might tell you how many have been placed so far...

• Advertisement

Is it true that the interview has no bearing on your ranking/placement . Ive heard that may not necessarily true?? Anybody know the exact situation??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Is it true that the interview has no bearing on your ranking/placement . Ive heard that may not necessarily true?? Anybody know the exact situation??

Your stage 2 ranking does not change after interview no matter how well the interview went.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

It's true. Your ranking from the supervised exams are the last ranking you'll receive and they hold for the rest of the process. The interview is just pass/fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

Anyone on this thread applying for Limerick Tipp? I was notified on Friday that I passed stage 2 and will be called for interview. They're currently assigning places 220-240 and I'm placed 300. Just wondering if I'm likely to be waiting months for interview.
    Also, what does the interview involve, I haven't applied for a job in over 10 years so I'm fairly out of practice! Are all interviews in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoinie87

I was in 500s after stage 1. Completed stage 2 on 20th of november got results last Friday moved up to 270s.
    Hope you get word soon the waiting is a killer!!!!!!

Down to the 210s now hopefully we are not waiting too much longer.. the woman I spoke to said they have called up to 220 for interviews so far

Eoinie87 wrote: »
    Down to the 210s now hopefully we are not waiting too much longer.. the woman I spoke to said they have called up to 220 for interviews so far

That's great well done hopefully they won't stop interviewing for another while. Would be a sickner to pass the interview and not get offered a placement!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Just got notification of an invitation to interview this Saturday in Dublin for Galway/Clare. Must have been a lot of people who are no longer on the panel considering I was 159 after Stage Two. Glad to see a bit of common sense with the interviews on a weekend for people not living in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

ruadh wrote: »
    Just got notification of an invitation to interview this Saturday in Dublin for Galway/Clare. Must have been a lot of people who are no longer on the panel considering I was 159 after Stage Two. Glad to see a bit of common sense with the interviews on a weekend for people not living in Dublin

Just got interview notification too for Saturday afternoon for Tipperary/Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just got interview notification too for Saturday afternoon for Tipperary/Limerick.

Me too! Interview Saturday morning. Kildare/Wicklow region. Didn't expect interview so soon. Just heard I passed stage 2 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

bebie wrote: »
    Me too! Interview Saturday morning. Kildare/Wicklow region. Didn't expect interview so soon. Just heard I passed stage 2 on Friday.
    Congrats. Do you mind me asking roughly what number you are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

MrsWoman wrote: »
    Congrats. Do you mind me asking roughly what number you are?

I'm in the 320s.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

bebie wrote: »
    I'm in the 320s.
    Thanks for that. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

I have an interview as well on Saturday afternoon. I'm surprised it came up so fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Looks like I'll be seeing a few of you on Saturday. Anyone who interviewed successfully got any tips for the rest of us?

Hi Limario well done what region did you apply for?

Hi Limario well done what region did you apply for?

Louth/Meath (though I don't remember apply for that region...)

Liamario wrote: »
    Louth/Meath (though I don't remember apply for that region...)

Thats strange but sure if it suits its fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

GRO?

Hi did you hear of jobs possibly coming up in the GRO?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

I'm 83 for Longford Leitrim Sligo & just got called to see if its OK to check reference !!! Eekk :)

• Advertisement

Gickyk wrote: »
    I'm 83 for Longford Leitrim Sligo & just got called to see if its OK to check reference !!! Eekk :)

Well done. How was the interview? Any advice?

Advertisement