Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Liamario wrote: »
    Well done. How was the interview? Any advice?

It's formal but relaxed, all I can remember is they asked how comfortable I was with different comp packages i.e. windows 8 .. I rhymed off all the packages I have worked with & said I was very comfortable with new software also... Can't remember much else ..sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Gickyk wrote: »
    It's formal but relaxed, all I can remember is they asked how comfortable I was with different comp packages i.e. windows 8 .. I rhymed off all the packages I have worked with & said I was very comfortable with new software also... Can't remember much else ..sorry

Thanks, that's helpful. I've been unemployed for so long now, so I need all the help I can get. My references are VERY old as well :(

Wouldn't stress, just turn up presentable & try not to say anything idiotic :D well that's what I did neway !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Liamario wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be seeing a few of you on Saturday. Anyone who interviewed successfully got any tips for the rest of us?

They ask stuff like "give us an example of a time when you took the lead in a project" or "tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer" and things like that. Have a few of these scenarios prepared in your head so that you don't spend the interview going "Um...." while racking your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Do people sit the interview at the time designated (give or take a few minutes)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

egan2020 wrote: »
    Do people sit the interview at the time designated (give or take a few minutes)?

Mine was about 10 minutes ahead of time and lasted 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Hi folks just wondering have many people been called to stage 2 for laois / offaly / westmeath I was in 550s did stage 2 last nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Gickyk wrote: »
    I'm 83 for Longford Leitrim Sligo & just got called to see if its OK to check reference !!! Eekk :)

Me too! Did they give you any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Anyone any idea of the time scale from getting a call to say they are checking your references to actually offering you a position?

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Me too! Did they give you any more info?

Nope was to shocked that the call came that I didn't ask netin ! Doh ! - how bout u?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Does anyone have any info on Kerry region? They were up to 88 in November, going to ring again next week but just wondering if anyone here has any info. Thanks

Orlsheen wrote: »
    Re: Longford Leitrim Sligo
    I was talking to a girl who works in the Civil Service in this area and she heard during the week that there are 30 new positions being offered to new recruits in Carrick on Shannon. Seemingly people in Civil Service who have transfer requests in are not being considered so there are a few disgruntled staff in there but I wondering if anyone has been offered anything yet in this area

Orlsheen have you heard anything more on the Carrick positions? Have a feeling these are up next

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Hi all. any advice from anyone who has interviewed already?? I am also interviewing sat for Galway/ Clare region. am a big ball of nerves over it already :(
    What questions were you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sligo22 wrote: »
    Hi all. any advice from anyone who has interviewed already?? I am also interviewing sat for Galway/ Clare region. am a big ball of nerves over it already :(
    What questions were you asked?

If you scroll back, there's information and advice on this very page, and all the information you need about the interview is in this thread - search the thread for 'competencies' and you'll find all you need to know.
    Don't stress it, but do prepare - understand the competencies and you'll be fine.
    And remember, you just need to pass the interview - your place on the panel is not going to change.

He said once I had submitted the paperwork they wanted he would 'pass my file onto the people who assign positions'

What paperwork? If u don't mind me asking

I'm not working at the moment , so I had to send a certificate of unemployment. And today he rang for a character reference

Ah cool - thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Good luck to all of you with interviews tomorrow. Hope everything goes well for you all.

Did anyone get any results today? Some of the Wicklow/kildare results were due out at some stage today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Had interview this morning. ..they really try to put you at ease and ask the competency questions tailored around your experience on your cv...nothing difficult or unusal asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AdamF1

Does anyone know how long after doing the interview you can expect to be told if you passed? Had the interview for Dublin on the 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Ever come out of an interview & have no idea how it went. Very rushed interview as running behind. Didn't feel I got to sell myself at all & was very conscious of keeping my answers short as they were in a rush :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

speedygirl wrote: »
    Ever come out of an interview & have no idea how it went. Very rushed interview as running behind. Didn't feel I got to sell myself at all & was very conscious of keeping my answers short as they were in a rush :-(

You'll be grand they would have realised early on that you were going to pass just going through the motions after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

speedygirl wrote: »

I felt the same after mine and am awaiting my first increment as we speak having been in a year now. You'll be fine. Also, in a lighthearted way, you are aptly named.

jimba wrote: »
    I felt the same after mine and am awaiting my first increment as we speak having been in a year now. You'll be fine. Also, in a lighthearted way, you are aptly named.

Ha ha I like it :-) yeah I hope so. Just felt like I was running a race from start to finish the way everything was rushed !

Hershall wrote: »
    You'll be grand they would have realised early on that you were going to pass just going through the motions after that.

Ah hopefully now. Feel a bit better now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

Hi guys can anyone tell me do they contact all 3 of your references?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

AdamF1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after doing the interview you can expect to be told if you passed? Had the interview for Dublin on the 6th

I asked that question in my interview, they said I should hear within 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Anyone know if the pay scale for perm CO is the same for TCO? It's been a while since I temping and I'm afraid to look and see that it's the same crappy money :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ruadh wrote: »
    Anyone know if the pay scale for perm CO is the same for TCO? It's been a while since I temping and I'm afraid to look and see that it's the same crappy money :-/

It's the same but if you have previous service you can apply for incremental credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I was wondering about that. I received an increment while I was on the TCO contract so was hoping that's where I'd start from again, if I get offered a position. Still really sad money though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ruadh wrote: »
    I was wondering about that. I received an increment while I was on the TCO contract so was hoping that's where I'd start from again, if I get offered a position. Still really sad money though

Ya that's where you'll start from. It's till better than no money.

Advertisement