Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

Just got appointed to Cork but really wanted Galway. Anyone on here wanting to swap?!

I lived in Cork two years ago when I applied for the job but now am in Galway with my family!

(mid 150s cork region)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Gibbins123 wrote: »
    Just got appointed to Cork but really wanted Galway. Anyone on here wanting to swap?!

I lived in Cork two years ago when I applied for the job but now am in Galway with my family!

(mid 150s cork region)

What number are you for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Anyone have an idea what happens when the panel expires?

I'm in the early 130s for Galway (only area I applied for) where they are currently assigning 70-89. I've read some people say it will be expired in the summer. Does this mean that people who have passed the interview stage by then and have not been assigned are gone and will have to start again or will they still try and assign them while assembling a new panel?

Anyone have any subsequent updates on Galway/Clare? I would assume most jobs will or have been in Galway City?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

bebie wrote: »
    Well done! Can I ask were you waiting long from interview to now?[/Q

4 -5 months !

Liamario wrote: »
    May I be so bold as to ask what your placement/ranking was?

Low 80's think 83rd

• Advertisement

clonmacart wrote: »
    Got my confirmation letter yesterday for a position in Longford DSP HQ. No word on my start date yet, but after this length of process I guess another couple of days waiting won't do any harm.

Ideally I wanted Sligo and the transport costs are gonna cripple me initially (I don't drive atm), but I'm really looking forward to it!

Best of luck to everyone else - keep the faith!

(P/S Anyone Sligo based interested in car-sharing send me a PM)

Congrats -Looks like we got same posting ! I was told start dates on 8th & 15th of Feb, but I had to postpone mine - best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laura911

Gickyk wrote: »
    Starting in social protection HQ Longford on 15th !! Any others hear yet?

Starting same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Anyone know if there are any positions in Louth/Meath being filed at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Anyone know if there are any positions in Louth/Meath being filled at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Any news on Limerick placement at all.. best of luck to all who have start dates...😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

hi i was told i pass TCO interview in Dublin 18/12/2015, any idea when or where I will be placed, I have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

What number are you for Galway?

I did not apply for Galway as my family and I were in Cork two years ago when I applied for CO. I wish I had! Now I need a head to head swap and apply for transfer asap as we are settled in Galway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

losh99 wrote:
    Any news on Limerick placement at all.. best of luck to all who have start dates...😆

They're currently placing around no. 260, I rang this morning and asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Hi all, got an offer for Longford which I am delighted with but can anyone tell me what the take home pay is after all paid out. I know its €419 before tax and whatever else has to be take. Congrats to everyone who got offers

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Hi Orlsheen, do you mind me asking what number you were on the panel. I have had references etc checked last week but heard nothing since

Hi Orlsheen, do you mind me asking what number you were on the panel. I have had references etc checked last week but heard nothing since

Gickyk wrote: »
    clonmacart wrote: »
    Got my confirmation letter yesterday for a position in Longford DSP HQ. No word on my start date yet, but after this length of process I guess another couple of days waiting won't do any harm.

Ideally I wanted Sligo and the transport costs are gonna cripple me initially (I don't drive atm), but I'm really looking forward to it!

Best of luck to everyone else - keep the faith!

(P/S Anyone Sligo based interested in car-sharing send me a PM)

Congrats -Looks like we got same posting ! I was told start dates on 8th & 15th of Feb, but I had to postpone mine - best of luck !!
    Add your reply here.
    Hi there
    Congrats on your posting. Can I ask where on the panel you were placed? I was 68 for aligo/leitrim/longford. Have had references etc checked last week but nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 clonmacart

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    Hi there
    Congrats on your posting. Can I ask where on the panel you were placed? I was 68 for aligo/leitrim/longford. Have had references etc checked last week but nothing since.

I *think* I was high 70s. Got my references checked the Friday before last, had to send off a letter; got a phone call offer on Wednesday and a confirmation letter on Friday. Nothing since, but I think the process may take a while. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

losh99 wrote: »

Hi, I was in the 260s and found out I got my place in Limerick yesterday. Hope this helps and you hear something soon 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Just wondering could somebody let me know what number theyre placing in westmeath/offaly roughly please??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Tinkerbell.123

I just got the call received a 13week contact in Longford.. delighted!! anyone worked as a tco what kind of work were you were doing? im starting Monday im kinda nervous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Gibbins123 wrote: »

(mid 150s cork region)

Hey any chance you could tell me your exact number? I'm mid 150s too and I'm going insane waiting so if I was only 1 in front of you it may make going to work this weekend a lot easier ;) You could just private message me if you don't want to say it publicly

I just got the call received a 13week contact in Longford.. delighted!! anyone worked as a tco what kind of work were you were doing? im starting Monday im kinda nervous!!!

I thought these were permanent positions - why only 13 weeks??
    Best of luck for Monday

Cokkini wrote: »
    Hi, I was in the 260s and found out I got my place in Limerick yesterday. Hope this helps and you hear something soon 😀

That's fantastic - well done. When you starting?
    I'm in the 290 bracket so hopefully not too long

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tinkerbell.123

losh99 wrote: »
    I thought these were permanent positions - why only 13 weeks??
    Best of luck for Monday

Sorry wrote in the wrong thread, it was the temporary clerical officer campaign that I applied for that's why I got 13weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hershall wrote: »
    Just wondering could somebody let me know what number theyre placing in westmeath/offaly roughly please??

Hi, I called during the week and was told they're in the mid 90s at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Was there a pay rise this year for Co's? I feel like there was but can't find the 2016 pay scale for the grade on the impact website

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Hi, I called during the week and was told they're in the mid 90s at the mo

Thanks for that I can forget about this for the forseeable future anyway! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry wrote in the wrong thread, it was the temporary clerical officer campaign that I applied for that's why I got 13weeks

Oh congratulations all the same on the job... might lead to something more permanent down the line. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

How long does it take to get results from interview?

Advertisement