Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

laura13579 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get results from interview?

I went for interview on a Friday, they told me in the interview it would take up to 10 days and I got the results on the following Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Orlsheen wrote: »
    Hi all, got an offer for Longford which I am delighted with but can anyone tell me what the take home pay is after all paid out. I know its €419 before tax and whatever else has to be take. Congrats to everyone who got offers

bout €370 from what i can make out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Was there a pay rise this year for Co's? I feel like there was but can't find the 2016 pay scale for the grade on the impact website

There was partial pay restoration this year. More to come in September 2017. My pay went up €11 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chatty2015

Just got a letter of assaignment to the Dept of Foreign affairs and trade no start date yet. I presume this is the passport office??

Just got a letter of assignment to the Dept of Foreign affairs and trade no start date yet. I presume this is the passport office??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

chatty2015 wrote: »
    Just got a letter of assignment to the Dept of Foreign affairs and trade no start date yet. I presume this is the passport office??

It is well done! What region are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 clonmacart

Got my contract in the post today (Looking slightly worse for wear I might add, the envelope was held together with sellotape) - starting in Longford on the 15th.

Now for the big question - Anyone have advice on what to wear? Smart/Formal (Ala the interview), or is it more casual (jeans and jumper)?

i was just over 1550 for Dubin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

clonmacart wrote: »
    Got my contract in the post today (Looking slightly worse for wear I might add, the envelope was held together with sellotape) - starting in Longford on the 15th.

Now for the big question - Anyone have advice on what to wear? Smart/Formal (Ala the interview), or is it more casual (jeans and jumper)?

What department?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

It would be more casual for COs in the Civil Service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Creol1 wrote: »
    It would be more casual for COs in the Civil Service.

I'd go with Smart (as opposed to Formal) for the first day and see what everyone else in the section is wearing..some managers might like their staff well turned out...(no point in getting on wrong side of them on day one)

Shirt / trousers perhaps...if everyone else is in jeans then you know what to wear from day 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Most COs in Foreign Affairs are on the passport side of things but not all. All the different divisions within Foreign Affairs have COs. You can transfer to the non passport side of things if you want later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

How long does it take to get results from interview?

I had my interview yesterday morning and got word today about it. Couldn't believe how quick it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

Stickmam wrote: »
    I had my interview yesterday morning and got word today about it. Couldn't believe how quick it was.

i got mine today aswell. couldn't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Has anyone that sat stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford region and got results been called for an interview yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

do they ring you with a position offer or does a message come through on public jobs?

so got a phone call this evening so the passport office in Balbriggan it is probably starting the 15th of February have to give notice in work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Best of luck to all ye civil service newbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

do they ring you with a position offer or does a message come through on public jobs?

You get a letter in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

i got mine today aswell. couldn't believe it

Congratulations. Hope you won't be waiting too long to be placed. I think we might have been chatting before our interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Hey Limerick peeps.. any ideas where the placements are up to now. I know it was 260s last week. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Anyone know if there will be 2016 intakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hershall wrote: »
    Thanks for that I can forget about this for the forseeable future anyway! !!!!!!!!!!!

Same as that!! Still the knowledge that it's out there n hopefully within reach is getting me through the current daily slog :-)

Is there much training in the Passport office I saw on this that Revenue have 6 months training so just wondering??

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Got a call yest morn to say my position had being reached& they want to check my refs whoop whoop (longford, leitrim, Sligo)any idea how long it will be before start date etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

speedygirl wrote: »
    Got a call yest morn to say my position had being reached& they want to check my refs whoop whoop (longford, leitrim, Sligo)any idea how long it will be before start date etc ?

Congratulations! I think you may have sat your interview the same day as me.....I remember your post about it being very rushed.

Can I ask you a question, what number were you after stage 2? And did your email after stage 2 tell you how many were assigned at that time.

Thanks and well done again!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Is there much training in the Passport office I saw on this that Revenue have 6 months training so just wondering??

I worked in the PPO in Molesworth St, and whilst I was just a TCO, the work TCOs did would have been largely the same as a permanent CO. We had less than a week's full-time training, so it certainly won't be six months! Tax is very complicated, so that's presumably why training is so long in Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 clonmacart

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What department?

Dept of Social Protection

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone know what number they've placed to in Waterford / Wicklow? Carlow/Kilkenny seems to have come to a total standstill, starting to give up hope of ever being placed there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Did interview yesterday and got email earlier saying I'd passed already, surprised was so quick. Anyone know what number they are at in Dublin?

Advertisement