Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Anyone know what number they've placed to in Waterford / Wicklow? Carlow/Kilkenny seems to have come to a total standstill, starting to give up hope of ever being placed there!

Got a message on publicjobs yesterday giving me my new ranking for Waterford/Wexford. Judging from this thread it appears they are concentrating on Dublin, Tipp/Limerick and Longford region at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

egan2020 wrote: »
    Got a message on publicjobs yesterday giving me my new ranking for Waterford/Wexford. Judging from this thread it appears they are concentrating on Dublin, Tipp/Limerick and Longford region at the moment.

I got the same

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

lolli wrote: »
    I got the same

Can I ask what numbers ye are at are these rankings from stage 2 that you sat lately, I'm wondering about interview calls for Waterford/Wexford region

Can I ask what numbers ye are at are these rankings from stage 2 that you sat lately, I'm wondering about interview calls for Waterford/Wexford region

i had my interview just before Christmas but it was for my other area i picked. I only got my updated number for Wexford/Waterford yesterday.

• Advertisement

i had my interview just before Christmas but it was for my other area i picked. I only got my updated number for Wexford/Waterford yesterday.

Thanks I wish I had an interview done I've o my completed stage 2 for Waterford before x mas. Just hope numbers are reached before the pane expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I'm 132 for Waterford/Wexford.

I'm 132 for Waterford/Wexford.

Cheers I wish I had interview done same as yourselfs!!!!! I'm thinking il never be called its all so long !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I was interviewed in August but it wasn't for Waterford/ Wexford. I'm in the 150s for there though- I got an email from them too yesterday.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I was interviewed in August but it wasn't for Waterford/ Wexford. I'm in the 150s for there though- I got an email from them too yesterday.

Cheers maybe now with sending out more numbers and that they could be getting ready for interviews wit a bit of luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

bebie wrote: »
    speedygirl wrote: »
    Got a call yest morn to say my position had being reached& they want to check my refs whoop whoop (longford, leitrim, Sligo)any idea how long it will be before start date etc ?

Congratulations! I think you may have sat your interview the same day as me.....I remember your post about it being very rushed.

Can I ask you a question, what number were you after stage 2? And did your email after stage 2 tell you how many were assigned at that time.

Thanks and well done again!
    Add your reply here.
    Yeah no problem I was 71 after stage 2 . No the email just said that that I had reached acceptable standard & that they might be in contact in the future . Certainly didn't give me much hope so I'm delighted now. What number are you? Yeah it was like running a race from start to finish :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

speedygirl wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    Yeah no problem I was 71 after stage 2 . No the email just said that that I had reached acceptable standard & that they might be in contact in the future . Certainly didn't give me much hope so I'm delighted now. What number are you? Yeah it was like running a race from start to finish :-)

Thanks for that. I'm in the 320s for Kildare/Wicklow. The email I received after stage 2 said they had assigned 270-280. So a good few to go before they get to my number!!

Well done again.

Thanks for that. I'm in the 320s for Kildare/Wicklow. The email I received after stage 2 said they had assigned 270-280. So a good few to go before they get to my number!!

Well done again.

i'm in the 220's for Kildare/Wicklow and I haven't been allocated a place

I'm in the 110's for Wexford/waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

chatty2015 wrote: »
    Is there much training in the Passport office I saw on this that Revenue have 6 months training so just wondering??

You might get a week's training and get put on renewals to start with. You can go on postings abroad as a CO in Foreign Affairs. The recent postings list for COs included London, Brussels, Edinburgh, Moscow and Hanoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Does anyone know when this panel expires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Does anyone know when this panel expires?

It will be 2 years old this May or June I think but have seen other comments here about people only getting interviewed in the past few weeks so doubt they will close it anytime soon but could be wrong.

i'm in the 220's for Kildare/Wicklow and I haven't been allocated a place

I'm in the 110's for Wexford/waterford

Hi lolli, just checked my email there again to see if I got it wrong but no it said we are currently assigning candidates placed between 270 and 280! That was dated 8th January. Strange.....I wonder were they being assigned for interview not positions like I thought. Anyway I won't be holding my breath😠hope you hear soon.

Hi lolli, just checked my email there again to see if I got it wrong but no it said we are currently assigning candidates placed between 270 and 280! That was dated 8th January. Strange.....I wonder were they being assigned for interview not positions like I thought. Anyway I won't be holding my breath😠hope you hear soon.

Wow, thats strange, Hope they havent forgotten about me!! Fingers crossed we both hear something soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Danielle D wrote: »
    It will be 2 years old this May or June I think but have seen other comments here about people only getting interviewed in the past few weeks so doubt they will close it anytime soon but could be wrong.

Hi 15th of July 2014 was when the online test started, does that not mean 2 years will be mid July or so? How does the panel system work? Say there were 1000 places needed why do they set a time limit on the panel, surely the sensible thing to do would be to fill the 1000 places without a time limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

I rang the other day (as in this week) and was told up to 90. I'd ring and double check that email, tbh. The figure I got tallies with the one Lolli got when she emailed a while ago.

• Advertisement

Stickmam wrote: »
    I rang the other day (as in this week) and was told up to 90. I'd ring and double check that email, tbh. The figure I got tallies with the one Lolli got when she emailed a while ago.

Thanks for that. I'll give them a buzz later. Ive a long wait ahead if that's the case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Hi 15th of July 2014 was when the online test started, does that not mean 2 years will be mid July or so? How does the panel system work? Say there were 1000 places needed why do they set a time limit on the panel, surely the sensible thing to do would be to fill the 1000 places without a time limit?

I honestly don't know. I just always heard and read on this that the panel lasts 2 years. Couldn't remember when I first took tests exactly.

Wow, thats strange, Hope they havent forgotten about me!! Fingers crossed we both hear something soon :)

I called them just now they said in and around 280! Give them a call and see what they tell you. I've only applied for kildare Wicklow.

Stickmam wrote: »

Stickmam just called them there and was told in and around 280 for kildare Wicklow. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Very strange. I've also only applied for kildare wicklow.

maybe theyve allocated the jobs but just havent told us yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

I suppose they would prefer to have the "best" candidates to fill the jobs, so they prefer to draw down the highest-ranking people in a new panel rather than keeping going further and further down the list in an existing panel. That's probably the main reason or one of the main reasons.

I was told when I asked that there's normally a campaign every two years or when the DPER decides to hold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Could anyoen whom started Revenue let me know how long the training is? Also is it intensive theory or on the jobs also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Could anyone whom started Revenue let me know how long the training is? Also is it intensive theory or on the jobs also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I applied for the Westmeath region as well. What has happened with that? I never got any message regarding any assessments for that region.

Advertisement