Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Cheers maybe now with sending out more numbers and that they could be getting ready for interviews wit a bit of luck !

Just so you all know, who are waiting for Waterford / Wexford. I too got an email about ranking after stage 2 testing. I called them yo enquire about where they were at placing people. The lady I talked to said mid 20s and they were assigning people as positions came up. I asked about length of campaign / new recruitment and she said that generally campaigns go fo 1.5 to 2 years. I got impression that not a lot of positons were coming up and that a new campaign would commence sometime this year. I know when I called up in the summer they said they had done 2nd stage testing up to mid 70s.

I've been following this thread for awhile and this is the first I've seen noise about waterford Wexford so I'm guessing they have now testing the next 'batch' of Waterford / Wexford people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Does anyone know how long it usually takes between references getting checked and a position being offered? Has anyone recently been offered a position in Sligo/Leitrim/Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Just got called for stage 2 testing... My regions were... Kerry Cork and Dublin, hope it goes well now ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

In the Limerick/Tipperary area have all the placements been in Limerick or does anyone know if there have been any in Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

Honestly forgotten I had applied for this but got an email today for the Aptitude tests.

• Advertisement

liv1892 wrote: »
    Honestly forgotten I had applied for this but got an email today for the Aptitude tests.

Same here, was a nice surprise!

What region are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Anyone get an e-mail about civillian call taker positions in garda communication headquarters?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hope 2015 wrote: »
    In the Limerick/Tipperary area have all the placements been in Limerick or does anyone know if there have been any in Tipperary?

No idea but I'd be really hoping for something in Tipperary. The cost to travel to a job in Limerick would be too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Tarzana wrote: »
    I'm earning €7.30 an hour at the moment - I'd gladly take it.

Sounds illegal. No contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

I called pas 2 weeks ago for Kerry region and they were up to 80's and there was no word on calling more people, only as positions arise they would call more people to stage 2. She said she couldn't see them reaching my number. She also said she didn't know how long the panel would last as it's the DEPR that decide and can make the call to end the panel whenever they want. Id given up hope of being called at that point and then received an email the last day inviting me to stage 2 and I'm in the 200's. Was waiting for an email saying it was a clerical error but so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

tanolo1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes between references getting checked and a position being offered? Has anyone recently been offered a position in Sligo/Leitrim/Longford?

Hi tanola, I got a call to say that my references were being checked and I got an offer about 2 weeks later. I was 67 on the panel. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

egan2020 wrote: »
    No idea but I'd be really hoping for something in Tipperary. The cost to travel to a job in Limerick would be too much.

Ya i was thinking the same but haven't seen any posts on Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Headonfire2015

Rang Pas today. I thought the girl said Wat/Wex was in the 120's and not the 20's as someone else said here? Maybe I didn't hear her properly. I'll ring again tomorrow and find out.

Also, Cork still in the 150's apparently. I think I'm a gonner for this campaign. Only around 4months legit left on this panel and when it gets to extensions we're all on shakey ground. Pity.

My old boss in revenue told me he heard they were gonna recruit big time this year but we'll have to see. Hope they hurry up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Got called to stage 2 and was placed in the mid 4000s for dublin in stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

got an email yesterday about ateending a stage 2 exam in dublin? does this mean i ticked dublin? it was so long ago i cant remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Rang Pas today. I thought the girl said Wat/Wex was in the 120's and not the 20's as someone else said here? Maybe I didn't hear her properly. I'll ring again tomorrow and find out.

Also, Cork still in the 150's apparently. I think I'm a gonner for this campaign. Only around 4months legit left on this panel and when it gets to extensions we're all on shakey ground. Pity.

My old boss in revenue told me he heard they were gonna recruit big time this year but we'll have to see. Hope they hurry up!

Did PAS just say 150s or did they give an exact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Revenue will most likely run their own CO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Orlsheen wrote: »
    tanolo1 wrote: »

Hi tanola, I got a call to say that my references were being checked and I got an offer about 2 weeks later. I was 67 on the panel. Hope this helps
    Add your reply here.
    I'm also waiting since last week to hear when get placed & where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Newport81 wrote: »
    got an email yesterday about ateending a stage 2 exam in dublin? does this mean i ticked dublin? it was so long ago i cant remember?

All stage 2 exams are in Dublin.

speedygirl wrote:
    Add your reply here. I'm also waiting since last week to hear when get placed & where.

Great thanks, I was 68 on the panel. Hopefully hear something soon at least I'm not the only one waiting !

• Advertisement

speedygirl wrote:
    Add your reply here. I'm also waiting since last week to hear when get placed & where.

Orlsheen can I just ask where you got appointed to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

Hi I got a call 2 weeks ago saying that they were checking my references and that theyd be in touch.... still havent heard about an offer.

Roughly how long did you guys have to wait? im in the Dublin region if that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

Hi I got a call 2 weeks ago saying that they were checking my references and that theyd be in touch.... still havent heard about an offer.

Roughly how long did you guys have to wait? im in the Dublin region if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Called and limerick are up to high 270s as of yesterday 😂

Can anyone tell me how scoring goes after stage 2 and how it affects your stage one result?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Can anyone tell me how scoring goes after stage 2 and how it affects your stage one result?

They re rank you completely so you could move up or down, I went up 150 places after my stage 2

I am the girl who said mud 20s, since I am 55 they definitely are not in the mid 120s

Revenue will most likely run their own CO competition.

Revenue are recruiting through this campaign. I was offered a co position in revenue but turned it down due to location.

I have been waiting two weeks since reference check but they rang me today looking for a certificate of unemployment that I had sent two weeks ago. They said that's what was holding it up ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

tanolo1 wrote:
    I have been waiting two weeks since reference check but they rang me today looking for a certificate of unemployment that I had sent two weeks ago. They said that's what was holding it up ...

Did you have any problem getting the certificate of unemployment? When I asked in Limerick SW office they had never heard of it! They gave me a list of claims I had submitted, I'm not sure if this is what PAS are looking for.

Advertisement