Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

They re rank you completely so you could move up or down, I went up 150 places after my stage 2

Their message says otherwise. The interview itself will not change your ranking, no matter how well you do.
    As previously indicated, you will retain the order of merit place from Stage 2 supervised tests. Should vacancies arise and your place be reached, we will contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Liamario wrote: »
    Their message says otherwise. The interview itself will not change your ranking, no matter how well you do.

Sorry sorry I read your post wrong yeah the interview stage has no bearing on the number they give you however people drop out and fail so you could go up a few anyway just they won't tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

skirteen wrote:
    Did you have any problem getting the certificate of unemployment? When I asked in Limerick SW office they had never heard of it! They gave me a list of claims I had submitted, I'm not sure if this is what PAS are looking for.

Yes same as that. Local office didn't know what i was on about they just gave me a letter stating I was not working etc ...good luck hope u hear soon !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

tanolo1 wrote: »
    I have been waiting two weeks since reference check but they rang me today looking for a certificate of unemployment that I had sent two weeks ago. They said that's what was holding it up ...

yeah i had to provide them with this also,thankfully my local dole office knew what i was looking for. Ive given them this over a week ago. just dying to know where ill be placed...

Where is the biggest dept in Dublin that are looking for COs does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

speedygirl wrote:
    Add your reply here. I'm also waiting since last week to hear when get placed & where.

Great thanks, I was 68 on the panel. Hopefully hear something soon at least I'm not the only one waiting !
    Add your reply here.
    Great keep me posted when you hear & I will do same. I assume we just wait now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

speedygirl wrote:
    Add your reply here. I'm also waiting since last week to hear when get placed & where.

Great thanks, I was 68 on the panel. Hopefully hear something soon at least I'm not the only one waiting !
    Add your reply here.
    Great keep me posted when you hear & I will do same. I assume we just wait now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Headonfire2015

Rang Pas again yesterday. Wat/Wex in the 30's. Cork was the 150's, didn't give a specific number.

Anyone here on the cork panel who has been contacted who is higher than the 150's?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

speedygirl wrote:
    Add your reply here. Great keep me posted when you hear & I will do same. I assume we just wait now ?

Yes I guess so... am hoping it won't be too much longer! I'll post on here if I hear anything ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Anyone starting in Revenue Dublin on the 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Fingal County Council are recruiting Clerical Officers...see www.fingal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

Hi does anyone have the email for contacting the pas 2014 recruiting team?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

gems1183 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have the email for contacting the pas 2014 recruiting team?thanks

clerical2014@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Sorry I know it's been asked a lot but don't want to go through the whole topic. What's the starting wage for a new clerical officer and has the rate changed in 2016? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AdamF1

For anyone wondering what number theyve placed in Dublin I was placed last week and I was 1550s/60s. There was just over three weeks from interview to receiving the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Sorry I know it's been asked a lot but don't want to go through the whole topic. What's the starting wage for a new clerical officer and has the rate changed in 2016? Thanks

About 409 gross / 369 net pw. It's gone up slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

About 409 gross / 369 net pw. It's gone up slightly.

Im starting as a TCO soon rate is 419.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kats4ever

Anyone starting in Revenue Limerick on 15th :-) PAS never contacted me first to check references. It was Revenue head offices in Dublin that first made contact with me to offer me job. Twas few days later I got a letter from PAS letting me know I had position got in Revenue Limerick! It seems a bit different for everyone!

Im starting as a TCO soon rate is 419.

This concerns permanent COs. That extra ten probably has to do with pension deductions. However, we're in the ballpark regarding the OP's original question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

This concerns permanent COs. That extra ten probably has to do with pension deductions. However, we're in the ballpark regarding the OP's original question.

Pay increased to 419 from 1st Jan under Lansdowne Rd Agreement for permanent COs also.

Danielle D wrote: »
    Pay increased to 419 from 1st Jan under Lansdowne Rd Agreement for permanent COs also.

Right, first thing Monday I'm looking up that payslip and having a tantrum.

Back to seriousness, 364.89 went into my a/c on Friday morning - thats entry level clerical officer (since 4/1/16), no union fees and completely net - nobody else taking credits regarding tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It all depends on your TFA, everyone's different, even in 2014 I was getting 373 Net, when gross was 409. Expecting about 380 at least now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

kats4ever wrote:
    Anyone starting in Revenue Limerick on 15th :-) PAS never contacted me first to check references. It was Revenue head offices in Dublin that first made contact with me to offer me job. Twas few days later I got a letter from PAS letting me know I had position got in Revenue Limerick! It seems a bit different for everyone!

Well done kats4ever. Do you mind me asking what no. you are on the panel?

skirteen wrote: »
    Well done kats4ever. Do you mind me asking what no. you are on the panel?

I don't mind atal skirteen,I no.245 . I found out end of Sept I passed interview and 4 months later I got a position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Anyone on Mayo/Roscommon panel hear anything?

The salary scale for C.O is as follows.

PPC [Personal Pension Contribution] Scale:
    €419.29, €447.97, €455.28, €469.48, €490.46, €511.39, €532.33, €553.25, €573.62, €594.00, €608.34, €608.34., €628.50, €648.52, €679.78, €704.35(LSI1), €715.62 (LSI2)

LSI1 after 3 years satisfactory service at the maximum
    LSI2 after 6 years satisfactory service at the maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Anyone else started recently still on emergency tax? They have my P45, just wondering how long it takes to get it sorted? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

MetalDog wrote: »
    Anyone else started recently still on emergency tax? They have my P45, just wondering how long it takes to get it sorted? thanks

Get the employer registration number from your payslip and ring Revenue yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Phantasos wrote: »
    Get the employer registration number from your payslip and ring Revenue yourself.

Will do man cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

kats4ever wrote: »
    I don't mind atal skirteen,I no.245 . I found out end of Sept I passed interview and 4 months later I got a position :)

Hi kats4ever can I ask when did the competition open for CO's that you have gotten the job from? You say you found out you passed the interview at the end of September last year. I'm curious because I keep missing the competitions for permanent roles, where are they advertised? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Daenarys wrote: »
    Hi kats4ever can I ask when did the competition open for CO's that you have gotten the job from? You say you found out you passed the interview at the end of September last year. I'm curious because I keep missing the competitions for permanent roles, where are they advertised? :confused:

Sign up at publicjobs.ie and you will get email about position that come up. This competition started almost 2 years ago

Advertisement