Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Sign up at publicjobs.ie and you will get email about position that come up. This competition started almost 2 years ago

Jesus, 2 years ago!! Thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Has anyone heard any word on Sligo, leitrim, longford . I got call 2 weeks ago on this coming Wednesday to say they were checking my references & I know my old boss sent back the request to them. Does it usually take this long to get offer of location etc ???

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

speedygirl wrote:
    Has anyone heard any word on Sligo, leitrim, longford . I got call 2 weeks ago on this coming Wednesday to say they were checking my references & I know my old boss sent back the request to them. Does it usually take this long to get offer of location etc ???

I'm in the same boat ...sent them everything they needed 14 January . . Still waiting to hear something. It's so frustrating !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

speedygirl wrote: »

It can still take a while. I didn't get an offer for 6/7 weeks after reference checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Any update on where they are placing for Limerick at all?

Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

losh99 wrote: »
    Any update on where they are placing for Limerick at all?

Thanks all

I e-mailed last week and they said 270.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

egan2020 wrote: »
    I e-mailed last week and they said 270.

Interesting... I called last Monday and they said 278... wonder if there were any placements in the last week. The waiting is cruel 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

They're up to 130 in the Louth/Meath region.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlemrs

Hi all,
    I applied ages ago but got email today to call me to stage 2, I see that roles have already been filled in my area, Sligo Leitrim Longford. My question is, let's say I did very well at stage 2, better than say someone who already say stage 2 can I be ranked higher than someone who already say stage 2 months ago & therefore does their rank go down & mine go up, so as more & more people sit stage 2, do the rankings change as people do. Tx

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hi, does anyone know have any roles been filled in Sligo or Carrick? I know from here that roles have been assigned to longford but haven't seen anything re Sligo and the PSO on college road is a fairly big place, bigger than Longford? Surely they need to fill some numbers there?

• Advertisement

littlemrs wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I applied ages ago but got email today to call me to stage 2, I see that roles have already been filled in my area, Sligo Leitrim Longford. My question is, let's say I did very well at stage 2, better than say someone who already say stage 2 can I be ranked higher than someone who already say stage 2 months ago & therefore does their rank go down & mine go up, so as more & more people sit stage 2, do the rankings change as people do. Tx

I don't think so, could be wrong but far as I understand you keep your rank within the batch that you complete stage two within, if that makes sense!

So would I be right in thinking that they must be close to the end of the last stage group in terms of job offers, otherwise they wouldn't be calling more people to stage 2? What do you think

So would I be right in thinking that they must be close to the end of the last stage group in terms of job offers, otherwise they wouldn't be calling more people to stage 2? What do you think

Would love to think that!!! But I really don't know, I did sage two last Oct n passed interview before Xmas, checked with them mid jan n they were a 100 numbers of my place! Great that there still calling stage two's thou, gives us hope that they'll keep this panel for a good while yet

Would love to think that!!! But I really don't know, I did sage two last Oct n passed interview before Xmas, checked with them mid jan n they were a 100 numbers of my place! Great that there still calling stage two's thou, gives us hope that they'll keep this panel for a good while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

losh99 wrote:
    Interesting... I called last Monday and they said 278... wonder if there were any placements in the last week. The waiting is cruel 😊

I rang yesterday and was told they're in the 270s too. There doesn't seem to have been much movement in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Can you still apply for these positions (Dublin..) ?? Only saw this recently and will be finished Office Admin course mid April... When do these positions come up on publicjobs?? Thanks ��

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Can you still apply for these positions (Dublin..) ?? Only saw this recently and will be finished Office Admin course mid April... When do these positions come up on publicjobs?? Thanks 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

youandme13 wrote: »
    Can you still apply for these positions (Dublin..) ?? Only saw this recently and will be finished Office Admin course mid April... When do these positions come up on publicjobs?? Thanks 😀

No , not these ones. This campaign running since 2014 so you needed to be in from the start.
    For new postings you need to set up alerts through Public jobs by logging in & creating a profile with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

This post has given me a little glimmer of hope. Great to see they are now calling Stage 2 applicants for this area again, hopefully this panel won't close for a while yet!! Can I ask littlemrs what number were you placed on the panel before being called for stage 2 ??? Just wondering how long I will have to wait for that email.

• Advertisement

I was in the 260's, had to re-read my messages to check as it was so long ago!

Got a letter this morning telling me I have been assigned a position in The Department of Social Protection and that someone will be in touch from the personnel department shortly to give me location and start date. Anyone else get a letter today .... I am in for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I rang today and they are in the 40's for allocating jobs in Wexford/Waterford and in the 120's for Wicklow/Kildare.

speedygirl wrote:

I got a letter today confirming my position in the department of social protection ... said they would ring me with location and start date etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Hi,

I have applied and interviewed for the CO panel in Wicklow/Kildare. My references are now being checked. Just wondering if anyone else is already a serving public servant and has taken up the position in the civil service?
    If so will I be able to carry my service (I have 10 years in the HSE)

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

lolli wrote: »
    I rang today and they are in the 40's for allocating jobs in Wexford/Waterford and in the 120's for Wicklow/Kildare.

That's so strange, why are they telling me 280s for Kildare Wicklow!! I don't understand that at all. Can I ask you, did they ask you for your number on the panel before they told you 120??

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have applied and interviewed for the CO panel in Wicklow/Kildare. My references are now being checked. Just wondering if anyone else is already a serving public servant and has taken up the position in the civil service?
    If so will I be able to carry my service (I have 10 years in the HSE)

Thanks a million

Can I ask you what number are you on the panel? Sorry don't know about carrying over service from HSE.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

bebie wrote: »
    That's so strange, why are they telling me 280s for Kildare Wicklow!! I don't understand that at all. Can I ask you, did they ask you for your number on the panel before they told you 120??

I'd suspect 120 is the number they have allocated jobs to while 280 is probably as far as they've called for interview?

Any updates on Galway? I range recently and they said they're at 90 for jobs which would mean no update since January.

I'd suspect 120 is the number they have allocated jobs to while 280 is probably as far as they've called for interview?

Any updates on Galway? I range recently and they said they're at 90 for jobs which would mean no update since January.

No, I'm in the 320s. I rang them twice, spoke to 2 different people and they both said the same. I asked was that the amount assigned to jobs and they said yes!! I don't know, strange altogether!

Sorry no idea about Galway.

• Advertisement

tanolo1 wrote: »
    I got a letter today confirming my position in the department of social protection ... said they would ring me with location and start date etc

Congrats on the offer :-) do you mind me asking what number you were?

Advertisement