Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

bebie wrote: »
    Can I ask you what number are you on the panel? Sorry don't know about carrying over service from HSE.

Thanks

Hi,

I was 150
    I was interviewed just before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was 150
    I was interviewed just before Christmas[/QUOTE
    Is that 150 on the Wicklow/Kildare panel? I'm in the 140s and have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Mullcorr wrote:
    Congrats on the offer :-) do you mind me asking what number you were?

Mullcorr wrote:
    Congrats on the offer :-) do you mind me asking what number you were?

I was 68 for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford after the 2nd round assessments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

littlemrs wrote: »
    I was in the 260's, had to re-read my messages to check as it was so long ago![/QUOTE

At least things seem to be moving a little and positions are becoming available. I was in the DSP last summer as a TCO covering short term leave, would love to get back in there again I loved the work. I was in the early 500's for this permanent panel so have a bit to wait yet, fingers crossed. Good Luck with Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

MrsWoman wrote: »
    Hi,

I was 150
    I was interviewed just before Christmas[/QUOTE
    Is that 150 on the Wicklow/Kildare panel? I'm in the 140s and have heard nothing.

Yeah that's the Wicklow/Kildare

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the Wicklow/Kildare

Thanks for that. Might give them a call.

Just got assigned to Longford starting 29th Feb. Was 68 on the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

how long does clearance take when your refrences have been checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Does anyone know the pass rate for numberical reasoning in stage 2 aptitude? The sample tests say 6 is the required pass rate so I presume the real test is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the pass rate for numberical reasoning in stage 2 aptitude? The sample tests say 6 is the required pass rate so I presume the real test is the same?

313 is the qualifying score out of 648.

So you're looking at 48.3%

• Advertisement

laura13579 wrote:
    how long does clearance take when your refrences have been checked?

My references were checked just under 3 weeks ago and got assignment ed my position yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

tanolo1 wrote: »
    My references were checked just under 3 weeks ago and got assignment ed my position yesterday

When did you do stage 2 and stage 3 if you don't mind me asking?

I did stage 2 tests in April, got the results in June and then had interview in August. Didn't hear anthing then until Mid Jan !

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

I got a letter today confirming my position in the department of social protection ... said they would ring me with location and start date etc

Thanks I got the letter yest for same & call on start date today so all is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Just got assigned to Longford starting 29th Feb. Was 68 on the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford panel.

I start the following week as I was unable to start the 29th.

That's great news well done !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Passed interview end of January, started TCO position last monday for 12 weeks , if I'm lucky to be offered permanent soon can I serve rest of 12 weeks or do I have to start permanent position straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Has there been any move in the Laois Offaly Westmeath region does anyone know?

I've just been onto PAS and they said they are at the 90s for Kildare/Wicklow. Don't know what way the system is working considering someone on here said they were 150 and getting references checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

I've just been onto PAS and they said they are at the 90s for Kildare/Wicklow. Don't know what way the system is working considering someone on here said they were 150 and getting references checked.[/QUOTE

I don't either!!. I'm in the 320s. I got an email after stage 2 saying I passed and that they were assigning candidates 270-280. I rang twice since and they said 280 both times.....I even asked was that number given positions and they said yes. I don't know how they are working it at all!!! Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

bebie wrote: »
    That's so strange, why are they telling me 280s for Kildare Wicklow!! I don't understand that at all. Can I ask you, did they ask you for your number on the panel before they told you 120??

Yeah they said theyve brought 500 to stage three and allocated up to 120. I told them my number when I rang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Passed interview end of January, started TCO position last monday for 12 weeks , if I'm lucky to be offered permanent soon can I serve rest of 12 weeks or do I have to start permanent position straight away?

You would most likely have to take up your permanent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lard

Hi Guys,

I passed interview for Dublin area a couple of weeks ago .I haven't had references checked yet or heard anything since confirmation of interview passed . I was in the 1640s for the Dublin area. I know it can be a slow process,nearly two years now since application. .Anyone any idea what number the Dublin region is at for take up ?

You would most likely have to take up your permanent position.

Thought as much, like the duties and the people where I am so was hoping it would be otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Lard wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I passed interview for Dublin area a couple of weeks ago .I haven't had references checked yet or heard anything since confirmation of interview passed . I was in the 1640s for the Dublin area. I know it can be a slow process,nearly two years now since application. .Anyone any idea what number the Dublin region is at for take up ?

Did they mention anything about the garda civillian call taker positions to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lard

u2fanatic wrote: »
    Did they mention anything about the garda civillian call taker positions to you?

No, only mentioned position would be in Dublin area.

u2fanatic wrote: »

Don't think I'd fancy that, is that taking 999 calls? V stressful, are you sure thats a clerical officers job? Looked that up on the net couldn't find even one reference to clerical officers doing that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Got an email inviting me to stage 2 there yesterday, have to go sit the test in March. Bit confused though because my score was in the 600's and I gave up on the whole thing when I got the result. Anyone else with high scores get called for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Got an email inviting me to stage 2 there yesterday, have to go sit the test in March. Bit confused though because my score was in the 600's and I gave up on the whole thing when I got the result. Anyone else with high scores get called for stage 2?

I know of someone in the 600's for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois who's been called for stage 2 in March. They must be planning on hiring a few more before the panel expires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Does anyone know the dress code for the passport office cork? I'm assuming smart casual.

Advertisement