Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Does anyone know the dress code for the passport office cork? I'm assuming smart casual.

Smart casual for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

I know of someone in the 600's for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois who's been called for stage 2 in March. They must be planning on hiring a few more before the panel expires.

I did stage 2 for westmeath/offaly/laois last November got results early January but haven't been called for interview as of yet anyway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Hershall wrote: »
    I did stage 2 for westmeath/offaly/laois last November got results early January but haven't been called for interview as of yet anyway!!!!

That's weird. I did stage 2 at the end of October, had my interview mid December and am starting job in Athlone on 22nd February. There doesn't seem to be any set timeline for how they operate. What number were you after stage 2?

That's weird. I did stage 2 at the end of October, had my interview mid December and am starting job in Athlone on 22nd February. There doesn't seem to be any set timeline for how they operate. What number were you after stage 2?

I am in the 270s after stage 2 they probably have enough interviewed for the time being anyway!!!!!

Hershall wrote: »
    I am in the 270s after stage 2 they probably have enough interviewed for the time being anyway!!!!!

The fact that they're calling people in the 600's suggests to me that they're planning to hire more, doubt they'd bother wasting time and resources for the fun of it. Wouldn't lose hope yet anyway!

• Advertisement

The fact that they're calling people in the 600's suggests to me that they're planning to hire more, doubt they'd bother wasting time and resources for the fun of it. Wouldn't lose hope yet anyway!

No won't loose hope. Am on my sixth temp posting at the moment so know the drill fairly well. Well done on the posting I presume it's dept. of education not a bad spot at all!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eoinie87

armadillo86 what is your stage 2 number for laois offaly if you don't mind me asking?

Eoinie87 wrote: »
    armadillo86 what is your stage 2 number for laois offaly if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in the 60's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Does anyone know the dress code for the passport office cork? I'm assuming smart casual.

It's pretty casual. You'll be way over dressed in a shirt and pants. Just go with jeans and jumper....if you're a fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ElecUnderground

Hi folks, is it necessary to bring a calculator to stage 2?

• Advertisement

Hi folks, is it necessary to bring a calculator to stage 2?

No, they give you a calculator, pens and rough work paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I know of someone in the 600's for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois who's been called for stage 2 in March. They must be planning on hiring a few more before the panel expires.

I'm curious to know how it works. If they are calling people in the 600s, how many up to 600 passed and got placed? If you get placed high after sitting stage 2 and pass your interview, would that put you ahead of someone who placed before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My references are being checked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bebie

lolli wrote: »
    Brilliant. Delighted there is some movement for you now. Keep us updated 🙌

Thank you so much, I will keep you informed!

bebie wrote: »
    Brilliant. Delighted there is some movement for you now. Keep us updated 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

That's great. For what region and roughly what number? Thanks.

200's for kildare/Wicklow 100's for Wexford/Waterford
    MrsWoman wrote: »
    That's great. For what region and roughly what number? Thanks.

200's for kildare/Wicklow 100's for Wexford/Waterford

Thanks lolli. What region are they checking references for. I'm in the 140s for Kildare/Wicklow and have heard nothing. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks lolli. What region are they checking references for. I'm in the 140s for Kildare/Wicklow and have heard nothing. Sorry for all the questions.

They didnt tell me to be honest. I'm on the Carlow/Kilkenny one too.

Ok thanks. Good luck with everything. It's been a long wait.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. Good luck with everything. It's been a long wait.

It has, hopefully you will hear something soon.

It has, hopefully you will hear something soon.

Thanks. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just got called for stage 2 on 11th March. Placed in 200s in Sligo area. Currently in as a TCO in Sligo so very hopeful of progressing to permanent position! Will have to earmark some time now for practice on these aptitude tests, been over a year since I did one for TCO and two years nearly since I applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My son is going for round 2 tomorrow. Can anyone tell me where on Abbey Street Chapter House is

rsl1976 wrote: »
    My son is going for round 2 tomorrow. Can anyone tell me where on Abbey Street Chapter House is

It's across from the side entrance to Jervis street shopping centre. The Luas jervis street stop is right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Here it is on Google Maps.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3477302,-6.2650874,3a,75y,160.51h,84.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAWe1zBgEif-TpjCISnpSNg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

About a five minute walk from Easons on the corner of O'Connell St. / Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

tanolo1 wrote: »
    That's great news well done !!

Same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OpenYourMind

Would you mind me asking what number you are in CW/Kilkenny? At mid-nineties and havent heard anything, very little movement if any in that region.. perhaps if they were checking ref's for that region, and you were a better number it might hold out some hope..

Would you mind me asking what number you are in CW/Kilkenny? At mid-nineties and havent heard anything, very little movement if any in that region.. perhaps if they were checking ref's for that region, and you were a better number it might hold out some hope..

i'll pm you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I emailed them yesterday about Carlow/ Kilkenny, passed interview in August and have heard nothing. Said they'd placed to the early 80s, same as what they told me in November! So seems to be no movement there at all.

Advertisement