Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OpenYourMind

Yep, sounds familiar! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

Hi everyone!
    First off, congrats to all the successful candidates on here! Been a long time coming!!
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Mayo/Roscommon areas? Passed stage 2 in October and been playing the waiting game for my interview since.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Tlo87 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    First off, congrats to all the successful candidates on here! Been a long time coming!!
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Mayo/Roscommon areas? Passed stage 2 in October and been playing the waiting game for my interview since.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers 😊

Hi,

I didn't go for the area but a friend of mine did ...she was placed 30's after the interview and is still waiting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I didn't go for the area but a friend of mine did ...she was placed 30's after the interview and is still waiting ...

Thanks! I won't be holding my breathe so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Tlo87 wrote: »
    Thanks! I won't be holding my breathe so!

You never know!
    I wasn't holding much hope either but it seems to have started to move now out of no where! Fingers crossed something will happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

just phoned public jobs, they are still saying its around the 150 mark for cork.

Just thought you would all like to know.

There is another panel starting this year but they couldn't say when this one ends and the next one starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

theaxel132 wrote: »
    just phoned public jobs, they are still saying its around the 150 mark for cork.

There is another panel starting this year but they couldn't say when this one ends and the next one starts.

You have to wonder why they are doing more tests and interviews if the panel expires soon? It'll 2 years I think in July since the online testing. I was called for the supervised tests next month for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. By the time results come out for that we will be into april?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I got a message today inviting me for stage 2 tests in Dublin on March 15th. I had applied for two regions - Waterford /Wexford & Tipperary/Limerick. It didn't specify which region it's for though.
    Many more here get called?

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I got a message today inviting me for stage 2 tests in Dublin on March 15th. I had applied for two regions - Waterford /Wexford & Tipperary/Limerick. It didn't specify which region it's for though.

I would imagine that its for both. You only sit one exam and then get placed in each area depending on other applicants results

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Samsgirl wrote:
    I got a message today inviting me for stage 2 tests in Dublin on March 15th. I had applied for two regions - Waterford /Wexford & Tipperary/Limerick. It didn't specify which region it's for though. Many more here get called?

Yeah it's both. I got called for stage 2 on 11th and it's for all 3 areas I put.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

theaxel132 wrote: »

They're on 155 for positions have no idea what the hold up is with them

I asked do they think they will get to the 200 mark (where i'm around) and she said oh we offer jobs as departments contact us and left us know they are needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Any sign of any vacancies in Louth? very little appearing on public jobs

Mine are one March 9th so if they are doing them over a few days then they must have a good few called for the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Mine are one March 9th so if they are doing them over a few days then they must have a good few called for the exams

Probably doing stage 2 for several different areas. Are you Laois/Offaly?

Hershall wrote: »
    Probably doing stage 2 for several different areas. Are you Laois/Offaly?

Yeah I figured that, I'm laois/Offaly/Westmeath

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Yeah I figured that, I'm laois/Offaly/Westmeath

Anybody know up to what number they have interviewed for laois/offaly/Westmeath?

Hershall wrote: »
    Anybody know up to what number they have interviewed for laois/offaly/Westmeath?

I haven't a clue, I've been reading though old posts trying to figure it out. I don't think the number is that high. I wonder did good few people who placed in our area take up places in other counties? Also I don't think many jobs were given out.

Looking through the pages, I think maybe people up to the 70s might have been placed in jobs? (A low number)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCountyMrs

I'm mid 500's for Cork and got called for stage 2?!? anyone else up that high and called?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

After stage 1 I was in the 600's for Waterford/Wexford & the 1,200 for Limerick/ Tipp. I honestly thought I wouldn't be called to next stage at all.

After stage 1 I was in the 600's for Waterford/Wexford & the 1,200 for Limerick/ Tipp. I honestly thought I wouldn't be called to next stage at all.

Me too, got a shock when I got the message on public jobs. Not sure how things work though. Are there many on the panel already?

I'm mid 500's for Cork and got called for stage 2?!? anyone else up that high and called?

If they are still calling people for an interview that high up im hoping that means they expect a massive amount of jobs to be opened up in the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

I know of someone in the 600's for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois who's been called for stage 2 in March. They must be planning on hiring a few more before the panel expires.

Interesting, Westmeath etc. region was definately one of my choices :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Just wondering what are the general working hours and salary for clerical officers starting off??
    i got my references checked today so hopefully will hear something about a job offer sooner rather than later ..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Psack wrote: »
    Just wondering what are the general working hours and salary for clerical officers starting off??
    i got my references checked today so hopefully will hear something about a job offer sooner rather than later ..

Working hours are 37 per week or 7 hours 24 minutes per day not including lunch break. Starting salary is €419 per week before tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Got offered Revenue in Sarsfield House today. Not sure what to do. It's a minimum 1.5 hour drive each way so about 80 - 100 euro a week in diesel. Afraid if I turn it down that my number won't be reached in Waterford or Kilkenny and I'll lose out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

egan2020 wrote: »
    Got offered Revenue in Sarsfield House today. Not sure what to do. It's a minimum 1.5 hour drive each way so about 80 - 100 euro a week in diesel. Afraid if I turn it down that my number won't be reached in Waterford or Kilkenny and I'll lose out completely.

Aww that's tough after waiting so long. Good luck with your decision. When did they check your references. I sent you a pm also hope thats ok. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ryanihan

I have just been offered a position in revenue to start in April. I have just had a baby and am on maternity until July does anyone know what happens as the man from pas didn't know

• Advertisement

egan2020 wrote: »

If you accepted it would there be a chance of getting a transfer nearer home at some stage in the future?

Advertisement