Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

ryanihan wrote: »
    I have just been offered a position in revenue to start in April. I have just had a baby and am on maternity until July does anyone know what happens as the man from pas didn't know

What region are you? And it shouldn't affect you at all they'll just put a pin in your job until you can start I say

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ryanihan

What region are you? And it shouldn't affect you at all they'll just put a pin in your job until you can start I say

Limerick region. I was nine months pregnant at interview and told them not available until July. A bit worried bout what happens now

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hershall wrote: »
    If you accepted it would there be a chance of getting a transfer nearer home at some stage in the future?

I'm not sure. I'm a half hours drive from Waterford so that would be ideal. But the placements in Waterford seem to be slow. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Hi all
    I was also offered Sarsfield House in Limerick, starting in April. Delighted it's finally come round... congratulations to all others 😊

losh99 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was also offered Sarsfield House in Limerick, starting in April. Delighted it's finally come round... congratulations to all others 😊

Well done! Delighted for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

ryanihan wrote: »
    I have just been offered a position in revenue to start in April. I have just had a baby and am on maternity until July does anyone know what happens as the man from pas didn't know

Congratulations on your baby and on getting the CO :)

It's not good enough for the guy from PAS to tell you he doesn't know. You've enough to be doing without this stress. I'd suggest ringing or email him and ask him to find out for you and if he says he can't, ask to speak to his supervisor. It's just not good enough to say he doesn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yreynolds18

Does anyone know what number they are on for the Dublin Region, I am currently placed 1720!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Does anyone know how long after getting references checked did they hear back about getting a job in Galway/Clare region ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lard

Does anyone know what number they are on for the Dublin Region, I am currently placed 1720!!!

I was placed 1640 for Dublin and passed interview at end of January .They rang last week to re references and looking for letter from social welfare to confirm i was on jobseekers benefit .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lard

I was placed 1640 for Dublin and passed interview at end of January .They rang last week re references and looking for letter from social welfare to confirm i was on jobseekers benefit .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Psack wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after getting references checked did they hear back about getting a job in Galway/Clare region ?

Hi. What number are you in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Hi. What number are you in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

losh99 wrote:
    Hi all I was also offered Sarsfield House in Limerick, starting in April. Delighted it's finally come round... congratulations to all others 😊

Well done, do you mind me asking what no. you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yreynolds18

Lard wrote: »
    I was placed 1640 for Dublin and passed interview at end of January .They rang last week re references and looking for letter from social welfare to confirm i was on jobseekers benefit .

Thank you, do you mind keeping me updated how you get on, thank you for the information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Lard wrote:

I'm 1649 in Dublin, hopefully I'll hear soon so!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

I was 1702.. had interview 3 weeks ago and got told the next day I passed. I got a phone call last week saying that my details were being sent off for garda vetting... hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Just got a call this afternoon. I'm in the early 130s.

Anyone hear of anything happening in Cork this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Right, first thing Monday I'm looking up that payslip and having a tantrum.

Back to seriousness, 364.89 went into my a/c on Friday morning - thats entry level clerical officer (since 4/1/16), no union fees and completely net - nobody else taking credits regarding tax.

Same here, (first week proper tax as TCO after emergency tax taken last week) getting 364 this week, (419 gross) was getting 373 when on 409 in 2014 bit disappointed was hoping for around 380.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Oooo ... Finally some Galway news. If you don't mind me asking, where are you being placed?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear of anything happening in Cork this week?

Well this is embarrassing but my emails weren't coming through and turns out they emailed me yesterday to check references.

Mid 150s Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

skirteen wrote: »
    Well done, do you mind me asking what no. you are?

Sure.. 291... best of luck hope you're not waiting much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Lard wrote: »

What the hell. I was placed a few hundred lower than that and only got called for stage two a few weeks ago:(

Is it just based on number or something else to?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

egan2020 wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I'm a half hours drive from Waterford so that would be ideal. But the placements in Waterford seem to be slow. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning :)

Hi I was offered a job in revenue in Kilkenny in August. I asked them about applying for transfer, they said it is 2 years minimum before you can apply and you could be waiting 10-15 years before you would get transfer. I turned it down as decided not worth the travelling time and expense. I wouldnt have minded it for awhile but not in the long run as it just wouldnt have worked for my family. Good luck in your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hi I was offered a job in revenue in Kilkenny in August. I asked them about applying for transfer, they said it is 2 years minimum before you can apply and you could be waiting 10-15 years before you would get transfer. I turned it down as decided not worth the travelling time and expense. I wouldnt have minded it for awhile but not in the long run as it just wouldnt have worked for my family. Good luck in your decision.

I turned it down too for exactly the same reasons as you. I just knew realistically the chances of a transfer were slim to none and being gone from the house/family for twelve hours a day just wasn't going to work. All I can do is hold out for Waterford but if it doesn't happen, I'll just try again next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I turned it down too for exactly the same reasons as you. I just knew realistically the chances of a transfer were slim to none and being gone from the house/family for twelve hours a day just wasn't going to work. All I can do is hold out for Waterford but if it doesn't happen, I'll just try again next time :)

That's really crap. We've all been at this process for two years now so it's unfortunate that they're so inflexible with situations like this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Hope you get something in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theaxel132

Well this is embarrassing but my emails weren't coming through and turns out they emailed me yesterday to check references.

Mid 150s Cork.

Do you know where you are going?

theaxel132 wrote: »
    Do you know where you are going?

Not yet but I'll share as soon as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Anyone know where in Donegal they filling positions at the moment. They have only reached the mid 30s I think.

Advertisement