Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyone know where in Donegal they filling positions at the moment. They have only reached the mid 30s I think.

I got called to stage 2 of the competition on March 11th. Donegal is one of my areas I put and I'm 301 on that list so highly doubtful I'll be given a spot there so!! More hopeful for Sligo as I'm currently working as a TCO on an open ended contract

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I'm after being called for stage 2 on the 14th of March in Dublin, was wondering is it even worth my while going cause I placed the following:

in kerry - 331
    in Galway/Clare - 972
    In lim - 1062

is the likelihood of me getting through very slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I'm after being called for stage 2 on the 14th of March in Dublin, was wondering is it even worth my while going cause I placed the following:

in kerry - 331
    in Galway/Clare - 972
    In lim - 1062

is the likelihood of me getting through very slim?

If they're still calling stage two and they haven't gone through all the people from the recent interviews, I'd say there's a very good reason. You never know, if I were you, I'd still go. I'm 159 for Galway/Clare, I've had my interview and still waiting/hoping. There must be jobs coming down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

ryanihan wrote: »
    I have just been offered a position in revenue to start in April. I have just had a baby and am on maternity until July does anyone know what happens as the man from pas didn't know

I got my offer in Jan to start in Feb told them I was on maternity until March - no problem they just changed my start date - just contact PAS or the email on your offer of employment letter

• Registered Users Posts: 36 snuffysshop

Anyone know what no they are on in Limerick for the first round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Will there be a 2016 competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Anyone know where in Donegal they filling positions at the moment. They have only reached the mid 30s I think.

Is this for the permanent positions that was in the Competition in Summer 2014 ? I got to stage 2 in a Donegal but heard nothing of it since. Or has there been another competition since? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

ryanihan wrote: »
    Limerick region. I was nine months pregnant at interview and told them not available until July. A bit worried bout what happens now

Hi, congrats on the offer, I think i've seen a previous post that said they will keep your position until you are finished maternity leave. Can I ask you what number you were for Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

ciaramc wrote: »
    Is this for the permanent positions that was in the Competition in Summer 2014 ? I got to stage 2 in a Donegal but heard nothing of it since. Or has there been another competition since? Thanks

Still the same one

• Registered Users Posts: 14 losh99

Hi all... is anybody else starting in Limerick on 4th April?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Hi guys,

My references got contacted last Tuesday I applied for the Galway/Clare region.
    Was just wondering is there any way I would be able to check what position I would be getting ? Or when i hopefully would be start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Psack

Hi guys,

My references got contacted last Tuesday I applied for the Galway/Clare region.
    Was just wondering is there any way I would be able to check what position I would be getting ? Or when I hopefully would be starting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skirteen

I got my letter for Limerick/Tipp in the post this morning, I'll be in Revenue. It states that they'll be in touch re start date and where to go. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

skirteen wrote: »
    I got my letter in the post this morning, I'll be in Revenue. It states that they'll be in touch re start date and where to go. ☺

Galway/Clare? Obligatory question: what number on the panel are! If you don't mind saying

ruadh wrote:
    Galway/Clare? Obligatory question: what number on the panel are! If you don't mind saying

Sorry, should have said it's for Limerick/Tipp. I'm no. 300

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Sorry, should have said it's for Limerick/Tipp. I'm no. 300

Were you waiting long after you had your references checked to find out?

Were you waiting long after you had your references checked to find out?

My references haven't been checked yet. I spoke to PAS earlier and the girl said they're so busy that they're not getting a chance to check them until after people have started.

losh99 wrote:
    Hi all... is anybody else starting in Limerick on 4th April?

I am! Got a letter this morning and then a call at lunchtime aaking me to start on April 4th. I'll pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

I got Galway City Council. No start date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Hi all.. does anyone know how long garda vetting takes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

u2fanatic wrote: »
    Hi all.. does anyone know how long garda vetting takes?

about 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

ciaramc wrote: »

Yeah for the 2014 competition. I passed interview back in August 2015 got a call last week to say they are checking my references. I was 32 on the Donegal panel.

My references haven't been checked yet. I spoke to PAS earlier and the girl said they're so busy that they're not getting a chance to check them until after people have started.

I got a call for Donegal last week and they rang my references minutes after they called me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got a call for Donegal last week and they rang my references minutes after they called me!

DSP?

DSP?

No idea where yet

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭u2fanatic

Does anyone know anything about the civillian call taker positions..?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 repub

i am 127 in waterford and still no sign of interview, anyone any news on this region?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

repub wrote: »
    i am 127 in waterford and still no sign of interview, anyone any news on this region?

They have allocated up to number 45 in Wexford/Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

repub wrote: »

I'm in the nineties in Waterford/Wexford region and haven't had an interview yet. Loosing hope they will reach my number. I'm sorry I hadn't applied for Kilkenny region at the start also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Lard wrote:
    I was placed 1640 for Dublin and passed interview at end of January .They rang last week re references and looking for letter from social welfare to confirm i was on jobseekers benefit .

I'm 1649 in Dublin, thought my number would be up by now (2 weeks after you were called).

Advertisement