Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

McSween wrote: »
    Will there be a 2016 competition?

Looks like there will be. Even though I have been called to stage 2 on March 11th. Seems strange, wonder what will become of stage 2 applicants at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

babygirl30 wrote: »
    Looks like there will be. Even though I have been called to stage 2 on March 11th. Seems strange, wonder what will become of stage 2 applicants at this stage.

I was speaking to a vet that works in the civil service during the week and she said her understanding of civil service panels is that a panel is formed as soon as the first batch of interviews take place and the panel expires two years from that date. So say the first of the Tipp/Limerick interviews took place last March, that would indicate that the panel would expire in March 2017. If interviews for other regions commenced at a later date then the panel for those regions would also expire at a later date. Of course this may not apply to the clerical officer competition but it was her understanding that this was standard practice for the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 repub

"Based on your result you will be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise an interview. We will be in contact with you in due course regarding details of your interview arrangements."

doesn't say they 'may' or 'might' pretty definite that they 'will' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Carlow/Kilkenny now placing position 94 in clearance. Slowly getting closer to me in the early 100s. Just after phoning PAS now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I've been allocated a job from the Wicklow/Kildare panel, I got a letter last week.

• Advertisement

lolli wrote: »
    I've been allocated a job from the Wicklow/Kildare panel, I got a letter last week.

Congratulations what town will you be based in.

I am a bit more hopeful they will reach my number now as someone I know was called for stage 2 and they rank in the 500s. So if they are calling more people to stage 2 there surely must be more jobs in the pipeline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I am a bit more hopeful they will reach my number now as someone I know was called for stage 2 and they rank in the 500s. So if they are calling more people to stage 2 there surely must be more jobs in the pipeline

Based in Wicklow Town. I was on the carlow/kildare and Wexford/waterford panels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

Does anybody know what number they are up to in the Carlow/Kilkenny region for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Hey folks, Anyone in Laois, Offaly and Westmeath

I have stage 2 Aptitude test on the 9th March.

Don't see much about Laois offaly areas

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

elainee40 wrote: »
    Hey folks, Anyone in Laois, Offaly and Westmeath

I have stage 2 Aptitude test on the 9th March.

Don't see much about Laois offaly areas

I have stage 2 Laois/Offaly/Westmeath on March 9th as well, was surprised to be called for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Carlow/Kilkenny now placing position 94 in clearance. Slowly getting closer to me in the early 100s. Just after phoning PAS now

Finally some-very slow- movement!! Had pretty much given up on it, but I'll give it another while so

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

I'm in the nineties in Waterford/Wexford region and haven't had an interview yet. Loosing hope they will reach my number. I'm sorry I hadn't applied for Kilkenny region at the start also.

I'm in mid 70s for wat/WEX and no sign of an interview yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    I have stage 2 Laois/Offaly/Westmeath on March 9th as well, was surprised to be called for it

What number are you?

I have been called to stage 2 next week and was so hopeful till I seen last night there is a new panel commencing in the next few weeks, where does that leave all those still waiting and why even call the next batch if a new panel is coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hannahbanna

Eliza1 wrote: »
    I'm in mid 70s for wat/WEX and no sign of an interview yet either.

Wonder will they ever reach us !!!

I have been called to stage 2 next week and was so hopeful till I seen last night there is a new panel commencing in the next few weeks, where does that leave all those still waiting and why even call the next batch if a new panel is coming up?

I was wondering about the life of this panel though. While the competition started early enough in 2014, it was a long time afterwards before stage 1 was released and ages again before results were sent out. I think I did stage 1 in July that year? So I don't think anyone even sat stage 2 till Sept/Oct that year? So technically when did that panel start????

I wonder if they did start a new panel, would they let the 2014 one run for a few months while they got the new panel up and running??

elainee40 wrote: »
    What number are you?

Oh Lordy, I was around 800, I made a balls of my exam. I was on holidays while doing it, I had no calculator and went into one of the questions thinking it was an example so wasted some time!!!! (Stupidly!!) Too many distractions. Working to do better this time, studying away!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

babygirl30 wrote:

Where did you see this? I've heard nothing about a 2016 campaign yet, and I definitely would have being currently employed as a TCO. Surely if they're still recruiting from the 2014 panel then there's no need to start a new campaign?

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    I was wondering about the life of this panel though. While the competition started early enough in 2014, it was a long time afterwards before stage 1 was released and ages again before results were sent out. I think I did stage 1 in July that year? So I don't think anyone even sat stage 2 till Sept/Oct that year? So technically when did that panel start????

I wonder if they did start a new panel, would they let the 2014 one run for a few months while they got the new panel up and running??

That's what I'd be hoping they would do.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Where did you see this? I've heard nothing about a 2016 campaign yet, and I definitely would have being currently employed as a TCO. Surely if they're still recruiting from the 2014 panel then there's no need to start a new campaign?

I seen it on the Career Services website last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

babygirl30 wrote:
    I seen it on the Career Services website last night.

Well that's that then. Was hoping it would last till September and I might get a shot at getting to interview stage as I have stage 2 on Friday week.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well that's that then. Was hoping it would last till September and I might get a shot at getting to interview stage as I have stage 2 on Friday week.

I'm in the very same position as yourself. I suppose we should remain positive in the sense that why would they be calling the next batch if there wasn't hope for us. Just when I seen that last night my spirits dropped.

Good Luck on Friday by the way.

I'm in the very same position as yourself. I suppose we should remain positive in the sense that why would they be calling the next batch if there wasn't hope for us. Just when I seen that last night my spirits dropped.

Good Luck on Friday by the way.

Yeah when I was talking to PAS today I asked about the life of this panel. She said it is due to finish this summer but they had received no notice yet.

She also said the directive to start a new campaign would have to be initiated by the government department.

And as it will take a while to get new government finalised after this election.

And also once a new campaign is announced it will take a few months more to get candidates through stage 1 stage 2 and interview.

So basically the two panels would Co exist until candidates pass interview stage in new campaign and become eligible for appointment.

So that should buy everybody waiting to be placed through the current competition some more time.

So worst case scenario this current panel will still be active until June or July at worst. But could stay active longer than that is what I was told today depending.

She also added that regions who are still getting new people further down the list called to stage 2 that this should indicate that there will be demand from the departments in those regions for more new staff in the near future as they do not call people just to waste their time. That there is method in the madness.

Well all in all I hope she was well informed as she seemed to be and was telling the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

@babygirl30 I think what you saw was the new TCO competition. It was announced last week. Nothing to do with this competition.

Eliza1 wrote: »
    @babygirl30 I think what you saw was the new TCO competition. It was announced last week. Nothing to do with this competition.

Yes I am quite aware of that panel too as I applied for it again and was successful with it last year as well.

There is definately a 2016 campaign beginning, as I mentioned earlier in one of my posts Career Services website has confirmed this.

Yeah when I was talking to PAS today I asked about the life of this panel. She said it is due to finish this summer but they had received no notice yet.

She also said the directive to start a new campaign would have to be initiated by the government department.

And as it will take a while to get new government finalised after this election.

And also once a new campaign is announced it will take a few months more to get candidates through stage 1 stage 2 and interview.

So basically the two panels would Co exist until candidates pass interview stage in new campaign and become eligible for appointment.

So that should buy everybody waiting to be placed through the current competition some more time.

So worst case scenario this current panel will still be active until June or July at worst. But could stay active longer than that is what I was told today depending.

She also added that regions who are still getting new people further down the list called to stage 2 that this should indicate that there will be demand from the departments in those regions for more new staff in the near future as they do not call people just to waste their time. That there is method in the madness.

Well all in all I hope she was well informed as she seemed to be and was telling the truth

Thanks so much for all this information, I was going to ask PAS myself next week when I'm up for stage 2. It's the "not knowing" that gets to me when we've come this far.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for all this information, I was going to ask PAS myself next week when I'm up for stage 2. It's the "not knowing" that gets to me when we've come this far.

Thanks again.

No problem yeah sure when you are up there please ask them as PAS can give contradictory info at different times. But the women today was very helpful and was hopefully on the money.

But ask anyway and post the feedback you get. Thanks. Best of luck in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

There is definately a 2016 campaign beginning, as I mentioned earlier in one of my posts Career Services website has confirmed this.

Career Services are a private company, like anyone they can only speculate, they would not be privy to information that is not in the public domain. In saying that, there may well be a competition this year. Best of luck with your future, I'm sure you'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Was supposed to go to stage 2 on the 11th but have to go to a funeral . Have told them and they said they will put me on the re list list, should it be available in due course ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

what is the dress code for the passport office in Dublin??

Advertisement