Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

what is the dress code for the passport office in Dublin??

Very formal top hat and tails

Either that or smart casual like everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

but does smart casual mean jeans are ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Jaysus it's not rocket science, just use your cop on and don't wear jeans the first day... suss it out and wear what you think best after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Have been in SP and Revenue, clerical and even lots of EOs wear jeans and hoodys

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Have been in SP and Revenue, clerical and even lots of EOs wear jeans and hoodys

Not on their first day surely? In my office it's casual and ok to wear jeans but most of the new COs dress smart for the first day or two. Gives a good impression especially when you're meeting the managers and as the poster above said, they can suss it out thereafter

• Advertisement

Holysock wrote:
    Not on their first day surely? In my office it's casual and ok to wear jeans but most of the new COs dress smart for the first day or two. Gives a good impression especially when you're meeting the managers and as the poster above said, they can suss it out thereafter

For first day I wore shirt and trousers alright, but straightaway sussed everyone was casual especially blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Jaysus it's not rocket science, just use your cop on and don't wear jeans the first day... suss it out and wear what you think best after that.

I hadn't intended , chinos maybe but jeans down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

DSP?

Yeah DSP

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yreynolds18

Hi

I got a letter on Friday, saying that I have been assigned to the Department of Public Expenditure and reform on Friday for there Dublin Office, and that I can start on the 14th of March or the 4th of April. I was offered anther job in the private sector with an accountancy practice, I am study accountancy, and the job is in Naas on similar salary, and I am now in two minds, I asked the HEO that I had to ring, and asked her what I would be doing and got no proper explanation. This all came as a shock and I got no warning that I was anywhere near my number on the panel. I am currently 1720 on the panel

I got a letter on Friday, saying that I have been assigned to the Department of Public Expenditure and reform on Friday for there Dublin Office, and that I can start on the 14th of March or the 4th of April. I was offered anther job in the private sector with an accountancy practice, I am study accountancy, and the job is in Naas on similar salary, and I am now in two minds, I asked the HEO that I had to ring, and asked her what I would be doing and got no proper explanation. This all came as a shock and I got no warning that I was anywhere near my number on the panel. I am currently 1720 on the panel

Job in pub sector is for life and has benefits like flexi time and not been asked to stay back late or weekends, I'd go for that. BTW I'm 1649 and haven't been offered a place, does the fact that its at least 1720 in Dublin mean I won't be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 yreynolds18

Thank you for your reply, I don't know about the list for the CO, as I was 1720 but was asked nothing about Garda Clearance or reference checks, was just asked to bring them along on the day that I start. I really hope you get something x

Thank you for your reply, I don't know about the list for the CO, as I was 1720 but was asked nothing about Garda Clearance or reference checks, was just asked to bring them along on the day that I start. I really hope you get something x

Cheers, yeah was asking the question in general if anyone on here knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Cheers, yeah was asking the question in general if anyone on here knows.

If you ring 01-8587400 and ask for the person looking after the permanent clerical officer panel. They are really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

I got offered a job today in the Health centre in Portlaoise. I was wondering what the take home pay is if I accept the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

hock12 wrote: »
    I got offered a job today in the Health centre in Portlaoise. I was wondering what the take home pay is if I accept the job?

Congratulations, i have stage 2 on Weds and im from Portlaoise

419 gross, I'm a TCO at the moment and come out with 364 a week after tax, prsi, usc and (non voluntary) pension contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Depending on TFA I would say around €380 after tax. Would you mind saying roughly whereabouts you were placed on the panel after stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

In the Laois Offaly Westmeath region after stage two I was placed 143

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

For people who have sat the stage 2 exam, when they send you your results, do they send you your marks as well as your panel place?

In the Laois Offaly Westmeath region after stage two I was placed 143

Congratulations!

• Advertisement

connectq wrote: »
    Hershall wrote: »

I'm in the 60s

Any word yet?

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    For people who have sat the stage 2 exam, when they send you your results, do they send you your marks as well as your panel place?

Yes.

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    connectq wrote: »

Any word yet?

No word. Am in 270s for laois/offaly/ westmeath after stage 2 havent been called for interview yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Anyone else on here heading into test for stage 2 tomorrow? Starting to get the auld nerves.

Aisinikins wrote: »
    Anyone else on here heading into test for stage 2 tomorrow? Starting to get the auld nerves.

Me! Butterflies have started here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Yeap 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

elainee40 wrote: »
    Yeap 3pm

I'm in at 10 myself. At least it'll be over early. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Honestly don't stress about it, stage 2 is fine just try to stay relaxed and you will do great! It is just like doing stage 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 relative1

Honestly don't stress about it, stage 2 is fine just try to stay relaxed and you will do great! It is just like doing stage 1 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Just got called for Stage 2 after 2 years. I'm up on 16th March. I only applied for Donegal. Anyone else who applied for Donegal been called ?

Advertisement