Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    Just got called for Stage 2 after 2 years. I'm up on 16th March. I only applied for Donegal. Anyone else who applied for Donegal been called ?

Yeah I'm up on 11th March. Placed in the 300s for Donegal though so doubtful I have a chance there. More hopeful for Sligo tbh as that's where I'm currently based as a TCO

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

I got a call for Donegal last week and they rang my references minutes after they called me!

Do you mind me asking where in Donegal and what dept you got position in ? Not many places in Donegal just curious as I got a call for stage 2 after 2 years. I only applied for Donegal .

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah I'm up on 11th March. Placed in the 300s for Donegal though so doubtful I have a chance there. More hopeful for Sligo tbh as that's where I'm currently based as a TCO

Good Luck on the 11th. I placed 120 for stage 1 .... seems so random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

AngelaG wrote: »
    Just got called for Stage 2 after 2 years. I'm up on 16th March. I only applied for Donegal. Anyone else who applied for Donegal been called ?

I have been called for stage 2 for Donegal too on the same date but I am away on holidays, I rang and they said that I would be put on the rescheduled list. I hope it wouldnt effect my chances. Wonder when will the rescheduled date be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rang today and they said they are at the 1630s in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

elainee40 wrote: »
    Yeap 3pm

Best of luck!!!!

I'm in at 10 myself. At least it'll be over early. :cool:

Good luck!!!

ciaramc wrote: »
    I have been called for stage 2 for Donegal too on the same date but I am away on holidays, I rang and they said that I would be put on the rescheduled list. I hope it wouldnt effect my chances. Wonder how will the rescheduled date be in a few weeks.

I am sure they wouldn't offer a rescheduled sitting if it was going to affect your chances. Just over a week's notice is not much especially if working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ch0pp3r

ciaramc wrote: »
    I have been called for stage 2 for Donegal too on the same date but I am away on holidays, I rang and they said that I would be put on the rescheduled list. I hope it wouldnt effect my chances. Wonder how will the rescheduled date be in a few weeks.

Hi ciaramc, I was called for interview in October but, like you, could not attend on the day.
    I was told I would be put on the reschedue list also and have not heard anything since.
    I do not know how the reschedule works, but it looks like if you miss your date you may be in for a long wait.

Any views from the Boardsies sitting exams today???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Yeap watch the time as it fly in on the times questions. Ha

Ch0pp3r wrote: »
    Hi ciaramc, I was called for interview in October but, like you, could not attend on the day.
    I was told I would be put on the reschedue list also and have not heard anything since.
    I do not know how the reschedule works, but it looks like if you miss your date you may be in for a long wait.

Thanks Ch0pp3r. I hope you get called soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Ch0pp3r wrote: »
    Agree folks!!! I missed the original call in April last year due to family illness & never seen the invite until weeks later. (I was also heavily pregnant) I didn't get a call again until October & That was after I initiated contact several times to see what was happening in Sept . Ask can you come the next day /week even if you aren't sure if tests on. Just chance it anyhow.

speedygirl wrote: »
    Agree folks!!! I missed the original call in April last year due to family illness & never seen the invite until weeks later. (I was also heavily pregnant) I didn't get a call again until October & That was after I initiated contact several times to see what was happening in Sept . Ask can you come the next day /week even if you aren't sure if tests on. Just chance it anyhow.

Thanks, I'm going to contact them

elainee40 wrote: »
    Yeap watch the time as it fly in on the times questions. Ha

For sure! My god, the time really flew!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭babygirl30

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Any views from the Boardsies sitting exams today???

Hey how did you find it? I am sitting mine on Friday, are they just aptitude tests as in verbal numerical and error checking or is there a questionnaire as well? It's so long since we done stage 1 I'm out of touch with it. Also how long were you there for?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated, beginning to get nervous now!!!

babygirl30 wrote: »
    Hey how did you find it? I am sitting mine on Friday, are they just aptitude tests as in verbal numerical and error checking or is there a questionnaire as well? It's so long since we done stage 1 I'm out of touch with it. Also how long were you there for?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated, beginning to get nervous now!!!

Verbal, numerical and error checking, no questionnaire. My advice is to get a good night sleep the night before, I didn't and I felt it!!!! The time goes so fast, I felt the pressure. I finished the verbal and error checking but panicked a bit with the numerical. The time was flying and I wound up guessing on 2 questions. Read the maths questions well. Move on from them if you find one or 2 hard, you can always try to get back to them. Most of all try to relax! Best of luck! Practice practice practice!

Also we were told results will be out in April

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hock12

Does anybody know if you take a job, how long do you have to be there before you can go on the transfer list?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

hock12 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you take a job, how long do you have to be there before you can go on the transfer list?

You have to be in the position for 12 months before you can go on the transfer list

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MrsWoman

Just got my contract and it doesn't mention flexi time. What does it say in other people's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

hock12 wrote: »

You can go on the list straight away but can't be transferred while still on probation (12 months). I went on the list on my third day as there's not a hope of it coming up that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

MrsWoman wrote: »
    Just got my contract and it doesn't mention flexi time. What does it say in other people's?

What department are you being assigned to?

What department are you being assigned to?

Department of Agriculture

Don't think flexi was mentioned in my initial contract before starting either. In my dept (education), flexi time is standard but not sure if it applies everywhere.

Basically you can start any time between 8-10am and finish any time between 4-7pm. You must be in work for "core hours" of 10am - 12:30pm and 2:30pm - 4pm, taking a minimum 30 mins lunch break and maximum of 2 hours.

Your hours have to add up to 37 weekly (excluding lunch breaks) and if you work up an extra 11 hours and 6 minutes in a 4 week period, you can take 1 and a half days off the following month which isn't counted as annual leave. Hope this makes sense!

Thanks for that. It's my first CO contract so wasn't sure if it should state it or not. It just talked about doing the 43/37 hours. Delighted to get a contract anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Thanks for that. It's my first CO contract so wasn't sure if it should state it or not. It just talked about doing the 43/37 hours. Delighted to get a contract anyway.

They give you a whole pile of things to fill in and sign on your first day and one of the printouts they give explains how flexi works. Congrats on the new job, it's been a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    You have to be in the position for 12 months before you can go on the transfer list

2 years full service folks I was told yesterday by Hr

They give you a whole pile of things to fill in and sign on your first day and one of the printouts they give explains how flexi works. Congrats on the new job, it's been a long wait!

Thanks a million. Starting in 3 weeks and really looking forward to it. Sure we'll be running the country before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Thanks a million. Starting in 3 weeks and really looking forward to it. Sure we'll be running the country before long.

How long were you waiting between reference checks and contract? I've been waiting two weeks now also do you find out in the post or what?

How long were you waiting between reference checks and contract? I've been waiting two weeks now also do you find out in the post or what?

I got a phone call asking if it was ok to check my references. About a week later I got a second call from a different person asking if it was ok to contact my current manager (they called her straight away). About a week after that I got a letter of assignment. Then a few days later a phone call with more detail on location. I know someone who placed after me on the panel who got called quicker than I did. I think the timescale depends on the department you are being assigned to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hi, anyone knows the current numbers they're placing for Sligo,letrim, Longford or laois, offaly, westmeath? Thanks

Advertisement