Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Hi, anyone knows the current numbers they're placing for Sligo,letrim, Longford or laois, offaly, westmeath? Thanks

Laois/offaly/westmeath is around the 150 mark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Mullcorr wrote: »
    Hi, anyone knows the current numbers they're placing for Sligo,letrim, Longford or laois, offaly, westmeath? Thanks

I done stage 2 for laois offaly last weds

Does anyone know how they score the results.

As for stage one for laois / offaly my scores were

Your total score: 256

Your place is: 848

I had stage 2 last wk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Depending how you did on stage 2, you could move up the rankings..
    That will be your final place - the interview is a simple pass/fail deal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Just curious, what was the time scale roughly from doing the stage 2 tests to getting called for an interview to getting called that you got the job? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

elainee40 wrote: »
    I done stage 2 for laois offaly last weds

What did you think of your exam?

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    What did you think of your exam?

Was ok, didnt get to finish the error checking and maths but they design the exams to do that so they see your accurate in your stuff.

Time FLEW, especially for the error checking.

Was ok, didnt get to finish the error checking and maths but they design the exams to do that so they see your accurate in your stuff.

Time FLEW, especially for the error checking.

I got the error checking done but Im sure there were loads of mistakes!!!!! I guessed some of the maths cause I ran out of time. I couldnt believe it because I practiced it loads!! Ah well!! We may wait till april!!

ciaramc wrote: »
    Just curious, what was the time scale roughly from doing the stage 2 tests to getting called for an interview to getting called that you got the job? Thanks.

I think it varies person to person and different areas. Some people on this thread waited months from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

ciaramc wrote: »

Did my stage 2 in April, passed interview in August and still waiting. But it varies, some people seem to be placed within weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

What is the duration of the stage 2 tests? I can't make my mind up if I will drive or not. Train home is at 6.30 & im due to do the tests at 3. Will I be out in time for train?

Samsgirl wrote: »
    What is the duration of the stage 2 tests? I can't make my mind up if I will drive or not. Train home is at 6.30 & im due to do the tests at 3. Will I be out in time for train?

My test started at 3 on weds we left about 4.30

My test started at 3 on weds we left about 4.30

Cheers, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anya.sh

Going for an interview next week- a year after doing stage 2! Just wondering is the stage 3 interview a formality or do you really have to sell yourself? Don't have great interview history... Nerves are setting in! Failed the last interview I did for PAS, it was for EO though. Would appreciate any info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anya.sh wrote: »
    Going for an interview next week- a year after doing stage 2! Just wondering is the stage 3 interview a formality or do you really have to sell yourself? Don't have great interview history... Nerves are setting in! Failed the last interview I did for PAS, it was for EO though. Would appreciate any info

It's just s formality.
    You just have to pass, and your score doesn't affect your final ranking, so don't worry - just know your competencies and have examples ready for each :)

Anya.sh wrote: »

What area did you apply for?? Thats some wait

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Anyone know when this panel will be ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Maybe June or July I think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Maybe June or July I think

The original agreement (with the unions) is that all panels (CO, EO, AO, AP, PO etc) would have a natural end of life on the last day of June- and new competitions held in the run up to this.

We are already well overdue a HEO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I don't understand the reasoning in refreshing the panel when there are people waiting to be placed on the existing one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Anya.sh

What area did you apply for?? Thats some wait

Applied in Waterford/Wexford region. Keeping fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

AngelaG wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where in Donegal and what dept you got position in ? Not many places in Donegal just curious as I got a call for stage 2 after 2 years. I only applied for Donegal .

Got assigned to the DSP in Buncrana. An 1hr and 45mins drive away so turned it down. Said I can stay on the panel though. I'm no.34 on panel so they haven't got far in the two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Got assigned to the DSP in Buncrana. An 1hr and 45mins drive away so turned it down. Said I can stay on the panel though. I'm no.34 on panel so they haven't got far in the two years!

Ah I have no chance so as I'm only going for stage 2 now. I would be same drive away from buncrana too as I'm in South Donegal....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Has anybody been assigned in the Cavan area yet? No body has been taken on in the Department I work in anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Liamario wrote: »
    I don't understand the reasoning in refreshing the panel when there are people waiting to be placed on the existing one.

All public recruitment panels have finite life spans. Its irrelevant whether, or not, there are people still on the panel. What happens is once the life of the panel is over- its back to day zero again- and a whole new cohort of applicants can apply (including candidates who were on the old panel but weren't placed for whatever reason).

The period from 2002 to 2014 was exceptional- where there was a deliberate policy to run-down civil service numbers (from well before the emergency)- and some panels were left in situ for completely improbable periods of time. This is highly unlikely to happen going forwards- now that recruitment is in fact happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Liamario wrote: »

Maybe to attract new talent and give people who didn't apply in the past an opportunity to apply. Otherwise it's just another closed shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Finally got my placement today going into the courts service in Cork. Don't know when or where yet.

156 in Cork.

Applied in June 2014, did the exam July 2015, interview October 2016, reference checks 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Finally got my placement today going into the courts service in Cork. Don't know when or where yet.

156 in Cork.

Applied in June 2014, did the exam July 2015, interview October 2016, reference checks 2 weeks ago.

Well done. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

All public recruitment panels have finite life spans. Its irrelevant whether, or not, there are people still on the panel. What happens is once the life of the panel is over- its back to day zero again- and a whole new cohort of applicants can apply (including candidates who were on the old panel but weren't placed for whatever reason).

The period from 2002 to 2014 was exceptional- where there was a deliberate policy to run-down civil service numbers (from well before the emergency)- and some panels were left in situ for completely improbable periods of time. This is highly unlikely to happen going forwards- now that recruitment is in fact happening again.
    screamer wrote: »
    Maybe to attract new talent and give people who didn't apply in the past an opportunity to apply. Otherwise it's just another closed shop.

Surely they could solve this by only offering placement for upcoming positions? There's very little sense for someone who has passed interview to have to go and interview again.

• Advertisement

Did the stage 2 tests today. They were grand. Ran out of time on the numerical one & the error checking one. But I am happy enough with what I got done. We will hear in April if we get to stage 3.

Advertisement