Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Did the stage 2 tests today. They were grand. Ran out of time on the numerical one & the error checking one. But I am happy enough with what I got done. We will hear in April if we get to stage 3.

Just heading in shortly myself. Did you bring your own calculator in with you or are they provided ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

AngelaG wrote: »
    Just heading in shortly myself. Did you bring your own calculator in with you or are they provided ?

Provided Angela. Test is identical to what you did at home, in terms of questions. Relax ;-)

Liamario wrote: »
    Provided Angela. Test is identical to what you did at home, in terms of questions. Relax ;-)

Thank you Liamario. Having a scoot around the shops to calm my nerves 😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

AngelaG wrote: »
    Thank you Liamario. Having a scoot around the shops to calm my nerves 😉😉

Nerves are all in your head. Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone in the past on here pass interview but not offered position in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

The original agreement (with the unions) is that all panels (CO, EO, AO, AP, PO etc) would have a natural end of life on the last day of June- and new competitions held in the run up to this.

We are already well overdue a HEO competition.

Oh so are competitions only for 1 year ? Didn't apply for last years EO/AO spots and I thought I'd have to wait another year to give it a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lou121ie

Finally got my placement today going into the courts service in Cork. Don't know when or where yet.

156 in Cork.

Applied in June 2014, did the exam July 2015, interview October 2016, reference checks 2 weeks ago.

Well done Keepkeyyellow.. You were a couple of places behind me.. glad to see u finally got news.. Have dealt with the Courts Service in previous jobs and they all seem very pleasant. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lou121ie

Finally got my placement today going into the courts service in Cork. Don't know when or where yet.

156 in Cork.

Applied in June 2014, did the exam July 2015, interview October 2016, reference checks 2 weeks ago.

Well done Keepkeyyellow.. You were a couple of places behind me.. glad to see u finally got news.. Have dealt with the Courts Service in previous jobs and they all seem very pleasant. Best of luck.. Also if you got a contact name on the notice, ring them and find out where u are being placed. I just got a note that I was being placed in HSE so got onto contact straight away and they confirmed where.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

lou121ie wrote: »
    Well done Keepkeyyellow.. You were a couple of places behind me.. glad to see u finally got news.. Have dealt with the Courts Service in previous jobs and they all seem very pleasant. Best of luck.. Also if you got a contact name on the notice, ring them and find out where u are being placed. I just got a note that I was being placed in HSE so got onto contact straight away and they confirmed where.

Thank you! I've actually rang them and they don't know where I'm going but they gave me a start date and told me it's definitely in the city. I know two people in there anyway so gonna interrogate them for information soon.

Liamario wrote: »
    Nerves are all in your head. Keep us updated.

Went well I think. Far better than doing it from home. Mostly all Donegal people from what I could gather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AngelaG wrote:
    Went well I think. Far better than doing it from home. Mostly all Donegal people from what I could gather.

Really? There was a big mix of areas when I was down last Friday. Only 2/3 for Sligo that I could tell anyways... Just want the results now, happy enough but the waiting is the worst part!!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Really? There was a big mix of areas when I was down last Friday. Only 2/3 for Sligo that I could tell anyways... Just want the results now, happy enough but the waiting is the worst part!!

There was a session before and after me so don't know what areas they were. We were told we would be updated in April ... long enough wait ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mommammymam

I'm new to boards, forgive me if this has been posted already. I passed interview stage just today in Carlow/Kilkenny region. Are you guaranteed a job if you get to this point? I rang PAS there are 5 jobs in CW and 1 in KK currently to be filled. Can you give a preference on location? Thanks a mil...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm new to boards, forgive me if this has been posted already. I passed interview stage just today in Carlow/Kilkenny region. Are you guaranteed a job if you get to this point? I rang PAS there are 5 jobs in CW and 1 in KK currently to be filled. Can you give a preference on location? Thanks a mil...

For me, when I qualified I was told what number I was on a list in order of merit. That list is used a panel to fill vacancies. There are plenty of vacancies, it's just a question of when they can be filled according to funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

What number are you for Carlow/ KK? Last I heard they'd placed up to late 80s and were mid 90s for clearance.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    What number are you for Carlow/ KK? Last I heard they'd placed up to late 80s and were mid 90s for clearance.

I'm early 100's..

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Has anyone else done stage 2/interview and not received their updated number in the panel? I got mine for Tipperary/Limerick and Waterford/Wexford but heard nothing about Carlow/Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Aishling87

Hi, I had an interview in September and got a message the end of January to say I have qualified for tipp/Limerick region, got a phonecall about 3 weeks ago about checking my reference and got a phonecall Monday offering me a job starting 11th April
    Anyone else starting in intreo office in Limerick city around then??

egan2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone else done stage 2/interview and not received their updated number in the panel? I got mine for Tipperary/Limerick and Waterford/Wexford but heard nothing about Carlow/Kilkenny.

As far as I am aware you stick with the same number

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Aishling87 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware you stick with the same number

My number changed for both Tipperary/Limerick and Waterford Wexford after stage 2. I'll drop them an email and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Hope 2015

Aishling87 wrote: »
    Hi, I had an interview in September and got a message the end of January to say I have qualified for tipp/Limerick region, got a phonecall about 3 weeks ago about checking my reference and got a phonecall Monday offering me a job starting 11th April
    Anyone else starting in intreo office in Limerick city around then??

Congrats Aishling, I sent you a Pm, hope that's ok

egan2020 wrote: »
    My number changed for both Tipperary/Limerick and Waterford Wexford after stage 2. I'll drop them an email and see what they say.

Hi,
    I checked my correspendence from PAS which I received last week.
    "Candidates will retain their relative placing achieved at Stage 2. As vacancies arise candidates will, in the normal course, come under consideration for appointment in the order of their relative placing at Stage 2"
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Got a letter confirming that I'll be heading into the southern regional office for the courts service, anyone know what they do there?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Anyone in the past on here pass interview but not offered position in Dublin?
    Yes , working in Longford now.

speedygirl wrote: »
    Yes , working in Longford now.

I only applied for Dublin, I should have been more specific, I meant is passing the interview a guarantee of a job?

I only applied for Dublin, I should have been more specific, I meant is passing the interview a guarantee of a job?

Its not a guarantee, but if they have called you for interview it means that they are getting closer to your place on the panel. If you ring them they will tell you what number they are up to in Dublin and it will give you a better idea of how close you are

Hope 2015 wrote: »
    Its not a guarantee, but if they have called you for interview it means that they are getting closer to your place on the panel. If you ring them they will tell you what number they are up to in Dublin and it will give you a better idea of how close you are

I rang them 3 weeks ago for Dublin, they were in mid 1630s, I'm late 1640s, thought I'd have heard by now.

I rang them 3 weeks ago for Dublin, they were in mid 1630s, I'm late 1640s, thought I'd have heard by now.

If you look back over the thread you'll see it varies how long you are waiting. It's not unusual for it to take this long or even longer.

losh99 wrote: »
    Hi all... is anybody else starting in Limerick on 4th April?

I'm starting 11th April in intreo office Dominic street 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Has anyone been interviewed for Westmeat/Laois/Offaly after sitting stage 2 in November and if so what number we're you?

Advertisement