Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Hershall

Busle wrote: »
    Has anyone been interviewed for Westmeat/Laois/Offaly after sitting stage 2 in November and if so what number we're you?

Contacted pas recently said they have interviewed up to 229 for laois /offaly/westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Has anyone contacted pas for a release date of the stage 2 results by any chance? Did stage 2 early February and was told late March/early April for results but just getting very impatient now with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted pas for a release date of the stage 2 results by any chance? Did stage 2 early February and was told late March/early April for results but just getting very impatient now with the whole thing.

Lordy you've been waiting since early February, God thats a long time. I did mine earlier this month and they told us the results will be out early April. For you 8/9 weeks is a long time

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Lordy you've been waiting since early February, God thats a long time. I did mine earlier this month and they told us the results will be out early April. For you 8/9 weeks is a long time

Ya I did stage 2 on the 10th February and the waiting is a killer. I worked as TCO in the past so I really want it but I'm convinced I failed the numberical reasoning but I still want to just receive the results and find out for sure. I gathered from the thread that they must be releasing the results in bulk for all the regions over the last two months alright but would love to even just know a definite date, doubt pas would tell anyone who rang anyways though.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Got a call to check references for Galway. However, I'm currently working so they want to contact my current employer. Is that not totally awkward?! No start date or location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Aishling87

ruadh wrote: »
    Got a call to check references for Galway. However, I'm currently working so they want to contact my current employer. Is that not totally awkward?! No start date or location.

Same thing happened with me, you will prob get job offer by Tuesday, that's what happened in my situation anyway

Aishling87 wrote: »
    Same thing happened with me, you will prob get job offer by Tuesday, that's what happened in my situation anyway

If I knew it would be that quick, it would be OK but it may not, and that's what I'm worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anya.sh

Rang re. Waterford/Wexford region - allocated as far as 48. It's moving sooooo slow! I'm 60th, looks like another couple of months' wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ruadh wrote:
    If I knew it would be that quick, it would be OK but it may not, and that's what I'm worried about.

Why did you put down your current employer as a reference if you didn't want them to be used?

Why did you put down your current employer as a reference if you didn't want them to be used?

I didn't put my current employer as my reference. Clearly, if I did, I wouldn't have a problem.
    I would have put my most relevent previous employers as references but that hasn't been the case, they obviously have their own way of doing things.
    I was told by public jobs that they will look for references from my recent employment. That's my issue ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

You have no choice, when my references were checked the guy from PAS said he was only checking my employment history from the previous 12 months. The current employer must be used as a reference unfortunately.

Regarding timelines, my references were checked on Wednesday 6th January and I received my assignment letter on Tuesday 19th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Ya I did stage 2 on the 10th February and the waiting is a killer. I worked as TCO in the past so I really want it but I'm convinced I failed the numberical reasoning but I still want to just receive the results and find out for sure. I gathered from the thread that they must be releasing the results in bulk for all the regions over the last two months alright but would love to even just know a definite date, doubt pas would tell anyone who rang anyways though.

I'm like you with the numerical, so hard to tell, ah well, next week is the start of April! Best of luck!

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    I'm like you with the numerical, so hard to tell, ah well, next week is the start of April! Best of luck!

Ya I guessed 3 answers and ran out of time for last 3 so iv no hope I'd say if pass rate is about half but anyways time will tell! Best of luck to you too

Did you get sorted??

Is anyone Starting in the intreo office in Dominic street Limerick 11th April??

Aishling87 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted??

No, my manager is on AL this week so I have to wait until they're back :-/

Anybody in Galway get any offers yet? Dying to know where I'll (possibly) be placed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Hi
    Can anyone who was a TCO and has received a permanent position have you looked into incremental credit for your previous service? I have been onto CPSU and I await a response.

connectq wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone who was a TCO and has received a permanent position have you looked into incremental credit for your previous service? I have been onto CPSU and I await a response.

Wondering about this myself. I was 2 years as a TCO and received an increment while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Wondering about this myself. I was 2 years as a TCO and received an increment while I was there.

Hopefully it will be. I was told service as TCO will be recognised for superannuation purposes and for leave purposes but waiting for clarification. Bad time to be asking anyone as a lot of people are still on leave for Easter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

All service within the public service and Civil service will be credited to you. This can be traced through the pension scheme of needs be.

Lolabelle1 wrote: »
    All service within the public service and Civil service will be credited to you. This can be traced through the pension scheme of needs be.

Any idea if work in FÁS/ETB counts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭podge_din

I changed jobs at the start of the year.
    I got a phone call the other day asking for permission to check my references. I told them it was ok.
    I then got another phone call today saying that because I was no longer employed with the reference that it would not suffice and that they would need one from my current employer.
    Why is this?
    The reference they obtained is from a company which employed me for four years and gave a good reference.
    I feel extremely uncomfortable with asking a company where I have been employed only 3 months for a reference and feel that in the event of any issues that it would make it impossible to continue working there. I would also be afraid that they give a bad reference due to the fact that I am looking to leave so soon (or downright refuse to give me one)
    I have explained this to the PAS but they are having none of it and gave me an ultimatum of close of business tomorrow or else I will be removed from the process.
    Has anyone else had these concerns/problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mquinnmullally

Hi just to let people who are waiting for Waterford / Wexford know. I am 55 on panel and just got a call from PAS, they are up to my number and asked was I still interested. Told them I was but only Waterford City and they said they would check what was available and would get back to me.

podge_din wrote: »
    I got a phone call the other day asking for permission to check my references. I told them it was ok.
    I then got another phone call today saying that because I was no longer employed with the reference that it would not suffice and that they would need one from my current employer.
    Why is this?
    The reference they obtained is from a company which employed me for four years and gave a good reference.
    I feel extremely uncomfortable with asking a company where I have been employed only 3 months for a reference and feel that in the event of any issues that it would make it impossible to continue working there. I would also be afraid that they give a bad reference due to the fact that I am looking to leave so soon (or downright refuse to give me one)
    I have explained this to the PAS but they are having none of it and gave me an ultimatum of close of business tomorrow or else I will be removed from the process.

I totally understand your reservations, I'm going through the same thing, it's extremely awkward. The only thing is, no employer can give a 'bad' reference but that doesn't make it any easier to stay in a place while the process is ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why is this?

That's a bit ridiculous. I had thought about changing jobs while I am waiting for a position to come up but I'm glad I haven't now!
    Surely getting a reference from a place you only left recently where they know your strengths and weaknesses is better than getting a reference from a place who hardly know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Why is this?

I was in a similar position to yourself. Started a new job, then I was called for interview for the CO position, and references from my new employer were required. I approached my employer and informed them that it was an application process which had started over a year ago, long before I even went for the interview for the position I held with them, and as I had made it this far in the process, I wanted to see it through. They were OK about it and gave me a great reference, though I got on well with my supervisor, despite only being in the job for three months.

It's a tough one to call, but my advice would be to be honest with your employer. Otherwise, call PAS and explain your circumstances and discomfort, they may help you out.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I was in a similar position to yourself. Started a new job, then I was called for interview for the CO position, and references from my new employer were required. I approached my employer and informed them that it was an application process which had started over a year ago, long before I even went for the interview for the position I held with them, and as I had made it this far in the process, I wanted to see it through. They were OK about it and gave me a great reference, though I got on well with my supervisor, despite only being in the job for three months.

It's a tough one to call, but my advice would be to be honest with your employer. Otherwise, call PAS and explain your circumstances and discomfort, they may help you out.

Thanks for the reply.

What really pi$$ed me off is that when I outlined my concerns I was told 'Thats your problem'
    They even threatened to remove me from the process unless I gave the reference by the end of the phone call

No, my manager is on AL this week so I have to wait until they're back :-/

Out of curiosity, what did PAS say when you told them this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Lolabelle1

Any idea if work in FÁS/ETB counts too?

Yeah I would assume so.

Advertisement